Gold Apple iPhone 5S to be introduced on September 10th?
It seems that Apple could be using this rich color to differentiate what would be the premium model of its next generation smartphone, the Apple iPhone 5S, with the low-cost Apple iPhone 5C. From what we have seen so far, the latter model will be made of plastic to keep the build cost down, and will be available in a variety of colors. Meanwhile, the Apple iPhone 5S will also be available in the traditional iPhone colors of black and white.
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion gold iPhone looks so banal, black or silver looks better.
8. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Yep, plus yellow gold in general is very tacky.
14. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
I think it will be more of a smooth not too intense looking gold. Even though I would never buy such a color, I think this color could lead to very strong sales among women, especially wealthier ones. In terms of selling devices, this could turn out to be a very smart move by apple.
15. Commentator (Posts: 2741; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Or women who want to look/feel wealthier.
17. Airforce (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
wtf IS WRONG WITH APPLE....do they think all customers work in BANKS to afford this????
18. Commentator (Posts: 2741; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It's gold "colored" so I wouldn't imagine the price is any higher than the usual black or white. It's like what Samsung does when they make their plastic phones look like they're metal.
38. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
They're not going to call it gold, I suspect it will be the same price as the others and will just be prayed gold coloured.
32. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
The crime rate , will increase for sure.. lol. Subway robberies
35. ankiipankii (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
it look's like Sh!T in white sanitaryware
2. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yeah Apple isn't very subtle about being elitist
30. joey_sfb (Posts: 3995; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
They better make it at least 18k gold otherwise what the point of walking around with fake jewelry.
And still get robbed eventually.
25. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
Yo dawg that shiz wud look dope wit yo purple pimp caddy wit dose spinnahzzz....YO
27. quakan (Posts: 1258; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Was that a failed attempt at a black joke? Sure looks that way. PA should bring back the thumbs down button for that comment.
5. Feanor (Posts: 415; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
cheesy but it will sell well in some countries (no names)
6. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
i dont like iphones but this one looks good...
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6983; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
U mean the color oh wait a minute still looks the same.
9. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
So you can tell others how much better you really are without uttering a word.
10. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
how much better you THINK you are.
11. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
They should make grey or beige iPhones especially since you're going to put a case on it
12. jove39 (Posts: 1420; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Gold? looks like faded copper...come on apple expand line up...add 5" and 6" iPhone...not these colored ones!!!
21. Topcat488 (Posts: 1196; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I read the article and that of the "source", and idk what material is being used... Fools gold, or anodized aluminum. The rich people will have theirs done in real gold, and laugh at the rest.
22. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Looks tacky as hell.
They're really running out of ideas smh
24. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Does anyone make a clear silicone case for shelf queens like this?
26. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
I see a lot of "colored" people buying this crap
29. quakan (Posts: 1258; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Not sure if that was suppose to be a play on the word colored with the rumors saying there will be colored iPhones in the future or if you were referring to colored in the traditional, historical sense.
39. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
If you are not sure, you sir, are a moron. Please, just stop. You are only making yourself look more like a fool. I thank you for your interest in me however, it's quite flattering really.
31. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1492; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
this goes well with my gold necklace..
33. persikon (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Let's see how long it takes to other companies make phones with this color scheme...