Gmail for Android updated with Pinch-to-Zoom
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2012, 16:33 posted on
Gmail for Android got a pretty nice update today, adding a couple of features that you might be surprised haven't been available yet. We tend to give Apple a hard time for being slow about adding features to software, so we think it's fair to wonder why Google is just now adding Pinch-to-Zoom to its Gmail app for Android...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GoBears (Posts: 437; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Best mail client hands down. Thanks Google!
2. captainqtp (Posts: 16; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
Might be true, but this particular feature has been on Windows Phone's default client since at least 7.5. I haven't tried the iphone version.
3. redmd (Posts: 1110; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
good update. but why hide this features by default?
4. The_Innovation (Posts: 599; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Seriously. I was about to say nothing got updated until I read what you wrote and checked the settings.
5. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
Hmm what? the Gmail client on Android had this for a while already. I've been using this at least for a few weeks or a month.
6. kcombs (Posts: 273; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
not having the zoom out option was getting old.
7. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Works, but a little too zoomed out by default to satisfy my taste :(
Text DOES NOT REFLOW, giving it basically no point except for images.
And most image-based emails are advertisements....