Gmail app for Android is locking users out of the inbox, fix is coming
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Mar 2012, 20:30
According to Android Central, a number of Gmail users on Android have been complaining that the Gmail app on their mobile device is causing the screen to flicker and leaves users locked out of the inbox; the site got in touch with Google who replied that a fix is on the way...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. LoneShaolin posted on 22 Mar 2012, 20:43 0 0
Not me. I havent been having this issue on my Skyrocket or Atrix 2
2. Doakie posted on 22 Mar 2012, 20:43 1 0
Yarg. I nuked my CM7.2 EVO 4G this morning thinking I had screwed something up with the 7.2 update... lol. Coincidence is a bastard sometimes.
6. yt6nin posted on 22 Mar 2012, 22:55 0 0
and it's Google... At least they're making an effort on fixing is ASAP, at least and hopefully...
4. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 22 Mar 2012, 21:41 0 0
I have been having problems. In my inbox it says I have 11 new mail but when I check in my inbox there is less than 11. This has been happening for the past 5 days. GOOGLE PLEASE FIX
5. moronman66 posted on 22 Mar 2012, 22:55 0 0
I had that issue, but it only was for one of my gmail accounts (and I only have two synced to my phone) and it seems to work fine now, its only been a day and there hasn't been an update notification in Google Play yet
7. yt6nin posted on 22 Mar 2012, 22:56 0 0
I don't think I'm having any problems with the Gmail app on my HTC Inspire 4G (stock). Seems to be working properly, and hopefully I won't encounter that problem...
8. skymitch89 posted on 23 Mar 2012, 01:08 0 0
I haven't had any problems with G-Mail on UK Evo Shift, but one of my friends has had problems with his. He can open the app but when he goes to open an e-mail the app closes then re-opens repeatedly until he hits the home button.
9. ibap posted on 23 Mar 2012, 07:41 0 0
Sprint HTC EVO 3D seems to be fine, and I've used the app more than usual in the last several days.
10. Sparhawk posted on 23 Mar 2012, 13:47 0 0
Does anyone know the version number of the affected app?
11. CEHLS10 posted on 23 Mar 2012, 14:49 0 0
No problem here; HTC Thunderbolt running 2.3.4 and Gmail App 184.108.40.206