Glove Mode makes the Sony Xperia sola perfect for cold weather climates
cursor ring shows you where the touch is being registered by the screen and if you decide to take off the gloves, the screen will acknowledge it as a "normal" touch allowing you to continue without disabling the Glove Mode on the device.
For those in cold weather climates, where wearing gloves is common once the cold weather arrives, this could be the difference in doing more but answering a call while out and about. The technology involved is able to differentiate your finger inside the glove from the glove itself. Check out the video to see Glove Mode in action.
source: Sony via AndroidandMe
8. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1064; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Sony is a really good company from the not-so-distant past. I would really like to see them make a comeback. They haven't been doing well and are on the path like RIM's
2. Naitto (Posts: 44; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Apple will probably buy all the patents for gloves, and then if anyone is wearing them they won’t let them use that technology.
3. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
will have to use it?
4. jael206 (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
hmmm.. any other handsets with this feature?
10. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
What lumia is doing here ?
Take your lumia somewhere else.
13. smallworld (Posts: 436; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
My bad, I meant to say the lumia's screen got trolled by a mirdrange phone.
6. Stuntman (Posts: 711; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I want to see a demonstration of someone typing a message with gloves on before I'm impressed.
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
good job sony, now stay on top of the update game and we should be climbing the latter faster than expected
9. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I believe Sola was introduced with this technology and months old hands on videos did show the gloved hands using Sola touchscreen well.
I think the news here is about making it active automatically with the new update.
11. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
So what would happen if you had ur finger on the screen and another finger with a glove on the screen at the same time hm
12. Alistaire (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So it will be a battery drain as with the Nokia Lumia 920 written in this article?http://www.phonearena.com/news