Global warming takes its toll on the Android Jelly Bean statue
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Jul 2012, 06:40
Due to the sweltering heat that has plagued the US for a while now, heads had rolled, and the mascot was left without its upper part, not to mention that someone went in and stole one of the candies inside. Google's design team is apparently hard at work fixing the damage from global warming, and has coned off the statue in the meantime...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. XiphiasGladius posted on 03 Jul 2012, 06:52 0 0
Maybe time for them to let us taste it then. . .
4. ryq24 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 06:59 4 15
maybe its a sign! a sign that something bad is coming toward android! :-)
16. SleepingOz posted on 03 Jul 2012, 08:46 2 3
You wished! Will happen only in your wildest dreams, don't worry..
36. bayusuputra posted on 04 Jul 2012, 02:40 0 1
no, jelly bean is too hot a topic right now the statue can't help being hot as well.. accept the fact..
5. Non_Sequitur posted on 03 Jul 2012, 07:02 8 8
Global warming? Hah. A flying spaghetti monster would be more likely to exist.
8. Non_Sequitur posted on 03 Jul 2012, 07:26 4 7
Thumbs down? Okay, sure.
Global warming is just fluctuation in sunspot activity, nothing more. Temperature increases and decreases all the time because of it. Of course, there are other factors that determine temperature, but the sunspot activity is the reason for the quick changes. Why has the temperature on other planets increased the same percentage as Earth has in the last few years?
Maybe it's from fuel emission in Martian cars.
9. iamcc posted on 03 Jul 2012, 07:45 5 0
I don't mean to rain on your parade but PhoneArena is not the place to discuss global warming...
33. 14545 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 18:52 0 0
Of course it's not, but the AUTHOR needn't bring it up either. I think that is his point.
14. Berzerk000 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 08:30 0 0
You speak logic, ut here is not the place to debate that topic
31. Non_Sequitur posted on 03 Jul 2012, 15:24 0 0
Yeah, I know. But there are three things that REALLY make me angry: liberals, Apple-tards, and those who believe in global warming. (which is mostly counted under liberals, lol)
21. DIYguy posted on 03 Jul 2012, 10:24 1 2
Non_Sequitur, global warming is a natural phenomenon caused (among other things which are yet unknown) by the changes in earths orbit and axel. The changes cause earth's temperature to rise and fall (ice ages and "warm periods"). We are currently headed to a warm period and that is the reason for the rising temperatures. Now scientists believe that we have fastened the warming with green house gases like co2 and methane. The effects of the quickening are unknown.
22. EclipseGSX posted on 03 Jul 2012, 10:30 0 1
Right, if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you
23. DIYguy posted on 03 Jul 2012, 10:44 1 1
Please prove me otherwise
27. EclipseGSX posted on 03 Jul 2012, 13:03 2 1
There are countless sites online if you bothered to open your mind and look. We take up such a small, percentage of the world to make any impact. We have better odds of getting sucked into a black hole than the polar ice caps melting or w.e it is you believe will be the "result". Now prove me otherwise
6. mercorp posted on 03 Jul 2012, 07:05 2 7
Android now feels the heat from bbos10 and wp8....
11. DanMarino13 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 08:17 1 1
WP8, maybe. I feel it's way too late for any BB.
7. RapidCat posted on 03 Jul 2012, 07:08 0 2
Apple already have patent for jellybean, thats why :D
28. dmckay12 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 13:26 0 0
If it was in Louisiana, it would have to be inside like everything else is...except Alligators and the school air-boats.
30. Non_Sequitur posted on 03 Jul 2012, 14:58 0 0
Yep. And here in my state, when it's summer, it's REALLY summer. DX
12. fraydoe posted on 03 Jul 2012, 08:22 1 0
guess the jelly beans inside for free nexus! come on google!
15. Berzerk000 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 08:35 0 0
Sweltering heat? It was raining non stop where I live. All around my house is still flooded (thankfully I live on a little hill). Haven't even been outside to see if it's hot because of so much water. We need that heat where I am, maybe it will dry up some of the water, it's too much my little country town can take.
19. good2great posted on 03 Jul 2012, 09:18 1 3
in the words of gallitoking... "cheap plastic"
had to do it...... sorry droidHeadz :-P
20. Immolate posted on 03 Jul 2012, 09:51 0 0
Why is it that when it gets hot in the summertime (first time ever btw) it's global warming. But if it gets cold in the wintertime, it's weather? Inquiring minds... etc.
35. 14545 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 18:59 0 0
Wrong, when it doesn't suit the agenda it is "climate change". (IE, colder than I should be) But now that we are having an unusually warm summer it is "global warming" and we are all going to "die" from it. Just another call for "government regulation." It's time we see it for what it really is.
24. mobilefuture posted on 03 Jul 2012, 11:08 0 0
how hot could it be? try about 40-43 degrees everyday!! and thats not even the worst!! :P
34. 14545 posted on 03 Jul 2012, 18:55 0 0
Seriously, WAS THERE A NEED TO INJECT POLITICS INTO THIS? It's crap like this that I left Popsci, and autoblog. Don't add phone arena to that list too.