Giveaway: Werx Android smartphone screen replacement kit and SOUL by Ludacris SL150 headphones
Time to put those earbuds that you're using away, and get serious about music-listening. If you'd like to improve your audio experience, then you'll surely appreciate this opportunity to win the SOUL by Ludacris SL150 headphones, which come with comfortable full-ear cup, and precise audio balance in order to deliver an authentic and rich sound for your tunes.
But! Only through this here giveaway, you can actually win a Werx screen replacement for an Android smartphone AND the Soul by Ludacris SL150, and the best part is that the only thing you have to do is to answer the following question with a comment below:
- Have you ever broken the screen of your phone and what did you do to fix it?
We'll choose one lucky fellow next Monday (July 23) who will win the SOUL by Ludacris SL150 and the Werx Android smartphone screen replacement kit. We'll contact them via the email address that they used to register on PhoneArena.com.
*Update July 23, 2012* We have drawn the lucky winner - congratulations smak425 - please check your email for details!
- By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these terms and that the decision of Phone Arena is final and binding in all matters relating to this promotion.
- The draw is open only to USA residents aged 18 or over, other than employees of phonearena.com, its agencies or their families.
- Phone Arena reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered.
- Phone Arena reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the prize-winner does not reply within three days after being contacted.
- Phone Arena accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant resulting from entering this prize draw or by the entrant's acceptance of the prize.
- Phone Arena reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose this Free Prize Draw without prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances, which make this unavoidable.
1. aquariumdude posted on 16 Jul 2012, 08:59 2 1
I have never broken my screen and I don't plan to haha!
2. cpmBurst posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:02 0 1
I broke the screen on my Inspire 4G screen last year when I went hiking. There was a big scratch through the middle and about 6 scratches in other places of the screen. I just had to deal with it and get a new screen protector until my next upgrade six months later.
Now I have a Samsung Captivate Glide. No scratches yet, but there will probably be one very soon.
3. maxkobi posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:03 3 3
lets break it down.
Phone: Droid Inc
location: Parking Lot
I was leaving the gym and put my water bottle and phone on the roof of my car. I thought to myself "don't forget about it." I quickly opened my door, grabbed my water bottle and got in. well the next part is pretty painful as I backed up nice and slow and the phone stayed on the hood. then I punched it forward and turned and the phone flew from my roof and skidded across the lot... batter door, battery, and phone all go flying separate ways! I panicked and grabbed it all, didn't even look at it or put it together till I got home. screen was shattered but the phone was in pretty good shape! so I hit up Amazon and ordered a new screen! I had replaced my friends wildfire screen earlier that year so it wasn't to tough! had I known about Worx though I might have checked it out! my brothers iPhone screen is currently shattered and so is my cousins (lol iPhone) and so ill be sure to tell them about Worx!
4. ekia007 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:06 1 1
Never broken my phone screen. If I had ever broken my screen, probably have to go to the repair shop and get it fixed.
5. Godzgoon posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:19 0 0
I have only cracked the order of my screen on my Samsung Epic but it was barely noticable. I have never replaced a screen on my phone.
6. k4j98 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:27 0 0
I have encountered many broken screens in my day, all of which I sold online; smartphones have a particularly good resale value regardless of condition!
7. legion181 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:36 0 0
I got them fixed by some shady place in Chinatown.
8. AFnerdTP posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:40 0 1
i broke my screen and got a replacement through my Sprint insurace
9. nnbj92 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 09:42 0 0
Never has my screen broken and I don't plan on it breaking. This will be my savior if it does break.
10. Fallout09 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 10:00 0 0
Never broke a screen.... I have bricked a device before......
12. razesh posted on 16 Jul 2012, 10:18 0 0
I broke my screen and got it replacement through my insurace.
13. Auggie69 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 10:20 1 1
DUCT TAPE for the body!!!!!!! PACKING TAPE for the screen!!!!!!! Brand New LOL
14. newuser1 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 10:30 0 0
No. I have neve broken my screen. I'm always carefully hand my phone, try not to have anything happend to it.
15. jmonteiro829 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 10:41 0 0
I have had a few broken screens in my day. What I do is order a new one on ebay and fix it myself. Save a lot of money that way plus I am a techie!
16. aboveaverage12 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 10:56 0 0
Never broke my screen. But I know how to replace parts if I have to
17. JeffreyMDoran posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:01 0 0
Yes, putting your phone in your back pocket on NYE is never a good idea. Luckily this happened when Sprint was still doing replacements on cracked screens. Would love to have a new hot set of headphones.
18. McLTE posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:02 1 1
I've broken 2 screens.. once with a blackberry.. took it out of my pocket and didn't have a tight enough grip on it. It tumbled out of my hands and landed exactly flat on the floor with a slap.. screen was shattered. I took it back to Verizon who suprirsed me by saying for $50 they'd sent me a brand new one. I didn't have insurance on the device either! I jumped on that deal and had them send it to me.. at that same visit to Verizon, I saw that Motorola had just come out with a new phone, called the Moto Droid. Curiosity got the best of me and I ended up using an upgrade and walking out the door with one.
I have been an Android user since! I did get my replacement BB and only used it when traveling over seas.
The second time I broke a screen was when I had a HTC Rezound. Dropped and shattered that screen too. Not having any upgrades available, I was determined to stick it out with this one for a few months until I could get a new one via upgrade via another line.
I purchased a screen protector and applied it, to keep any of the glass from coming loose and falling off. It worked great! Though the screen was a little spidery, it still worked ok enough to limp along. Since then I've replaced that phone with a Nexus and have been enjoying that so far.
Replaced the Rezund
19. ibap posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:03 0 0
Have not ever broken a screen - but I'm really careful with my phone, including good screen protectors and cushioning cases.
20. Chazz121 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:09 0 0
one time there was a slight scratch on my cellphone screen. it wasn't big but it did cause noticable discoloration.i tried every thing from the common toothpaste trick to brasso and even a banana to fix the screen. after days of trying to fix this scratch the screen started to fade in and out, and after that the phone just didn't work. i had to buy a new phone for full retail price. this a time i really wish i could have just replaced the screen.
21. jcnbachan posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:27 0 0
Never broken the screen of my phone before, if it did, I would ask for a replacement.
22. robertlwalters posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:33 0 0
Luckily I have not broken my screen but I have brought my phone into a lake.
23. Bashok posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:34 0 0
I buy a screen protector to protect the screen from breaking. It's worth the investment
40. Captain_Doug posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:48 0 0
How does a thin price of plastic stop the screen from breaking? I'm telling you now, don't count on that method working for you.
25. Planterz posted on 16 Jul 2012, 11:56 0 0
I broke the screen on my old AT&T Sony Xperia 10a by throwing it at the wall. The phone was a piece of junk that barely worked, so after switching to Verizon and getting a RAZR MAXX, I took out my pent up frustrations with the Xperia in a glorious moment of catharsis.
The Xperia was a replacement for a 910a that had a small screen crack. No idea how that happened.
26. niteryda8 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 12:10 0 0
I consider myself lucky not to have broken the screen on my HTC EVO, cuz I have dropped it several times and never heard that sound of disaster, thanks to my otter box commuter series and screen protectors. It's always a great feeling to see the phone that hit the concrete doesn't have a scratch on it, thanks to my investment in that case. Now all I need is these headphones to enjoy my music on my evo to the fullest.
28. ian01 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 12:18 0 0
Luckily no, and I hope to never need such a service.
29. Alistair posted on 16 Jul 2012, 12:26 0 0
I've broken my screen on my first Iphone 3gs trailriding on my quad. Then there was my Samsung captivate which I got four replacement phones for because all of their GPS radios were garbage and when the last one got me lost in the middle of New Werk NJ slums that one met a wall face first. I then got a HTC surround which I loved but fell to the earth in a gorilla glass shattering smash when I was taking my 1 year old puppy out of my car to take to the dog park, and between him dashing and dancing and me not paying attention lost grip of my poor windows phone and that phone was no more. Now I have an LG nitro and I love me HD screen so I'm praying nothing happens but if it does I would love this service and some sick head phones.
30. c01jacj1 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 12:47 0 0
Used on of my two insurance claims and paid an arm and a leg deductible... :(
31. veevans01 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 12:55 0 0
I just broke the screen on my rezound a week ago and I am still weighing my options. This looks like a good one.
32. Krooney7988 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:01 0 0
I broke my previous phone's screen christmas shopping in 2010, it was an htc evo 4g. I attempted to fix my screen myself but found that the internals had been damaged and the entire phone would need to be replaced. After making my claim with assurion i recieved a phone with a faulty screen, the housing was actually not attached. This time around I was able to replace my screen with some carefully followed instructions and had a "good as new" working phone!!
33. ph00ny posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:17 0 0
never broke my cell phone screen. If i do break one, i'm probably going to get one of those replacement kits from amazon
34. tekkid21 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:26 0 0
I saved up and got a screen cover till phone upgrade time.
35. Demario24 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:28 0 0
Cracked the screen on my first phone. Had to buy another phone.
36. verybeo posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:30 0 0
yes, i had some dead pixel but this dead pixel is going smaller automatic so i can use my phone "almost" normaly without any fix, great samsung soulb
37. Captain_Doug posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:42 0 0
I have fixed the screen of my LG Ally which probably wasn't worth the trouble. I did a ton of research to figure out which screen worked and which was the cheapest and what tools I needed. It ended up working and I only paid ~$35 and a few hours of my life. As a first timer I think I did pretty good. I ended up selling it for $60 so I definitely made my money back.
38. EclipseGSX posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:48 0 0
Personally no, but I bought an EVO with a shattered screen on craiglist and replaced it myself and sold it for a nice profit
39. charlesmont posted on 16 Jul 2012, 13:48 0 0
Dropped my phone on a marble countertop! Luckily I had insurance on the phone!
41. Steve.G posted on 16 Jul 2012, 14:11 0 0
I have never broken the screen of my phone, but I work in the wireless industry and people either have to file and insurance claim or buy a new phone in most cases.
42. BAFBomber posted on 16 Jul 2012, 14:17 0 0
No, but I did break an iPod screen. I sold it and bought a new one.
44. hotdoggnboi posted on 16 Jul 2012, 14:24 0 0
I had some slight scratches on my last smartphone, but my new Galaxy Nexus is flawless still (and I love that) I'm really cautious with my phone and hopefully will be a long time before I actually break one. A repair kits would be great to have on hand in case I needed it in the future if a local company can't repair it.
45. KiddUriel posted on 16 Jul 2012, 14:26 0 0
I broke the screen of my phone once in my life. It was the HTC G1 when it first came out. I was so excited downloaded apps, i remember downloading the cracked screen app and pranking my mother. She was really mad at me at first, until she found out it was a joke. The next day, on my way to school i accidentally let my phone drop and it just happened to fall face first. Voila! I got this problem fix by my mother. As much as she hated the thought of having to do so, she bought me a new unit at full price.
46. Exile SS posted on 16 Jul 2012, 14:32 0 0
I have broken 2 screens both were my Motorola Rizer. Once was due to stepping on it while taking off my pants, the other was due to my friend running it over late at night when it slipped out out my pocket. In BOTH cases I used handset protection that I no longer use because the price went up.
47. Rwave posted on 16 Jul 2012, 14:36 0 0
Haven't broken my screen yet, and I'm really hoping it will never happen. I try my best to take care of my phone with screen protectors, cases, and careful handling.
49. zonam posted on 16 Jul 2012, 15:06 0 0
No... careful enough not to break the screen (so far:))
50. nazgul posted on 16 Jul 2012, 15:07 0 0
Never broke the screen so far on any of the phones I owned
51. ghostnexus posted on 16 Jul 2012, 15:08 0 0
I never had a broken screen on my phone, but I sure did scratch it up!
52. mnp188 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 15:08 0 0
Not yet... (and hopefully not in the future). It's too expense for a screen replacement job
53. Roofer11 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 15:12 0 0
I have only broke/cracked only one screen in about 15 yrs...all I did was to left it go! Bought another phone, it's the easiest fix! Forget the monthly insurance, still got to pay a deductible, yeah, cheaper than buying a new phone at full $$ but my gosh, Verizon puts you under a hot, bright light and gives the CSI treatment! Hey, let me pay the deductible and stop w/ the who/what/why and where...Geez!!
55. KrNpRiDe posted on 16 Jul 2012, 15:46 0 0
I never broke the screen on a smartphone and hopefully I never will.
56. Skidro13 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 15:51 0 0
Someone stole my Droid Incredible. I found it in a parking lot with a broken screen and camera 30 minutes later.
57. huypaulha94 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 16:10 0 0
I have broken my phone before, stuck it in my back pocket and was playing around in the park's playground... (although I'm 18) Haha. Went crack and then I had to bring to a kiosk in the mall and got it fixed.
58. johnnybe posted on 16 Jul 2012, 16:20 0 0
Heck yes I have broke a screen. Was luck though and could still use phone the few months I had left to upgrade.
59. scorpeyun posted on 16 Jul 2012, 16:40 0 0
Never had to replace a screen but I usually take good care of my toys, too expensive not too.
60. Synfin posted on 16 Jul 2012, 16:48 0 0
this looks like a cool set of headphones and a screen protector is just a plus
61. smak425 posted on 16 Jul 2012, 17:14 0 1
i broke the screen of my Nokia 5230 but it was fortunate that i didn't repair the screen because it's outdated and not worth the money for the repair