Giveaway: Optimus G, PHOTON Q and Galaxy Victory for Sprint #2
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2012, 07:58 posted on
As promised, here's our second giveaway, where, thanks to our partners from Sprint, we'll be presenting you with three marvelous smartphones: the LG Optimus G, the Motorola PHOTON Q and the Samsung Galaxy Victory! As a reminder, next week we'll be giving away a total of 4 handsets - these three here, plus an LG Mach. What better way there is to end the year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
241. grajasekar (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
A fast processor and the ability to modify the look and feel of the OS.
243. mrcharity (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jan 2011)
Battery life hands down is the most important smartphone feature to me. I currently carry the iphone 5 and Note 2 around on a daily basis and when either is even close to dying I make sure I juice em up ASAP. I have purchased battery pack cases for both to avoid having a dead battery while I am out and about (even though with the 3100 mah battery in the note it rarely gets below 50%). You can have the best camera, fastest processor, and brightest scree, but when your phone dies you have a shiny, very expensive paper weight.
247. GreysonRX (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
True Multitasking! Not app switching! LG or Moto :)
249. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Processing power and screen, to be able to do anything I want with my phone. Quad core pleeeeease.
250. Androidman (Posts: 4; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
i never had a smartphone before so any feature would be nice :)
251. Movie13 (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
The S4 Pro/2GB RAM combo. Running and switching apps quickly is a necessity for me. Love the Sprint Giveaways on Phone Arena
252. Fresh2death (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
count me in! I want the Optimus G! Hook it up plz!
253. agannon (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
its a toss up between the camera/photo quality and processing speed (both suck on my current phone
that why im considering the LG optimus G
254. jr11555 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
LG Optimus G for me. Love the specs and screen size.
255. johnnybe (Posts: 23; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Processor, yeah it's the processor!! Speed, yeah we like speed!!
257. supaman21 (Posts: 43; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
power, i treat my phone like a computer so i cant have it freezing and stuttering as im trying to get stuff done, optimus g quad core is blazing fast
258. r2d2_sw (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
the soc is the most interesting feature imo
259. kewlguy210 (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
I like all three phones in terms of shape, wi-fi, bluetooth, processor speed, slide out keypad, etc. My favorite are the optimus g and phonton q.
260. dcampbell57 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Good call quaility is the most important feature to me.
261. joey41 (Posts: 45; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Please ! Any of those would be fine with me..
263. Coolnee (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I feel that the phones needs to have a really good processor, great camera, excellent memory. Also it should be 4GLTE compatible.
264. eliott15 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Camera is by far the most important for me.
265. titans1127 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
A good screen and great battery life are definitely most important to me
266. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
I think I like the LG best of this bunch.
My favorite feature would have to be high quality music playback which is right along with battery life.
271. txvietboi (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Phonearena, thank you so much for throwing this promotional giveaway. As a Sprint user, I truely appreciate it. :)
As for my number one feature that I look for when buying a smartphone, it would be BATTERY LIFE. Nothing is more important as the extra features don't work unless it can be powered on.
I am not a person that likes using cases (unless I'm at the gym), as I'm very careful with my phone normally. So the idea of buying cases with built-in batteries for accommodation does not interest me.
The increase in mAh in newer phones is great! However, they don't tell the whole story (iPhone 5's 1440 mAh vs Galaxy Note II's 3100 mAh). I usually check out other editorial review's battery length tests as a testament to the phone's power consumption.
273. pbmader (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
"this week we're running an identical giveaway! Be sure to enter it here!"
Am I in the right place? The link doesn't lead to a new give-away, but to this one which has ended.
Feature: Big Screen
274. eddsmetz (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
I love being able to search the web whenever I want.
276. thesportsnutz (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
To me the most important feature is the prosscessor speed. With the ability to almost seemlesly move from application to application is key when you bundle it in with lte speeds.
278. CapedCrusaderRobin (Posts: 31; Member since: 19 Dec 2010)
I need a qwerty keyboard back in my life thats a valuable smartphone feature to have ! I hate swyping !
280. Goreknight9 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Although I have never owned a smartphone I think good smooth user interface/OS is the key.
Most of my friends complained about lags on their phones and it can be very annoying.
283. lenloesch (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Most valuable feature is PPI, a clear, brillant screen is tantamount.
284. raichur0xx0rz (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Most valuable feature for me is build quality of the device, but more than just the material - components such as battery, screen quality, and stability (due to processor/RAM) also play into that.
285. VAPlaya1 (Posts: 6; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
If I had to pick an overall feature, I would say the screen size. Next would be speed and clarity of the screen.
288. beseenorelse (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
The smartphone feature that is most valuable to me, sadly, is the screen - the richer the color, better the battery life, size, feel on my fingers, presentation, everything. It's so sad but is so true.
289. Rio1983 (Posts: 25; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
I love the screen size as long as the battery allows the phone to operate in a timely manner. Hate having a great phone and the battery life is only good for 4 to 5 hrs.
292. CfullerTX (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
That quad core processor int the Optimus G will take multitasking to a whole new level. Definitely my favorite feature.
294. downphoenix (Posts: 2502; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I think the most important feature is the ability to download new apps and games, since without this feature a smartphone is just a really fancy feature phone.
295. QuadCorePro343 (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
With the hardware being so close on every phone the most valuable feature is deffinetly software. More specifically OS updates. I marvel that apple still keeps phones like the iPhone 4 up to date. By comparison- could you imagine the original HTC Evo(release same time of iphone4) having 4.2 JellyBean? It sold really well,kept Sprint afloat, and was dubbed "The iPhone Killer" but fizzled after being dead in the water when it came to updates. It was a great phone that spawned the Evo shift,Evo3D,and the Evo 4G. But whats the use if you buy a killer phone with amazing specs if its not going to be supported with the latest updates?
298. gazi93 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
big screen,big memory and a good camera...:)
300. alquintanilla (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
LG Optimus G, I love taking pics and this phones seems to the perfect phone for taking pics.