Giveaway: Optimus G, PHOTON Q and Galaxy Victory for Sprint #2
0. phoneArena posted on 07 Dec 2012, 07:58
As promised, here's our second giveaway, where, thanks to our partners from Sprint, we'll be presenting you with three marvelous smartphones: the LG Optimus G, the Motorola PHOTON Q and the Samsung Galaxy Victory! As a reminder, next week we'll be giving away a total of 4 handsets - these three here, plus an LG Mach. What better way there is to end the year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
241. grajasekar posted on 04 Dec 2012, 09:31 0
A fast processor and the ability to modify the look and feel of the OS.
243. mrcharity posted on 04 Dec 2012, 09:40 0
Battery life hands down is the most important smartphone feature to me. I currently carry the iphone 5 and Note 2 around on a daily basis and when either is even close to dying I make sure I juice em up ASAP. I have purchased battery pack cases for both to avoid having a dead battery while I am out and about (even though with the 3100 mah battery in the note it rarely gets below 50%). You can have the best camera, fastest processor, and brightest scree, but when your phone dies you have a shiny, very expensive paper weight.
247. GreysonRX posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:03 0
True Multitasking! Not app switching! LG or Moto :)
249. deathyyy posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:15 0
Processing power and screen, to be able to do anything I want with my phone. Quad core pleeeeease.
250. Androidman posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:20 0
i never had a smartphone before so any feature would be nice :)
251. Movie13 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:27 0
The S4 Pro/2GB RAM combo. Running and switching apps quickly is a necessity for me. Love the Sprint Giveaways on Phone Arena
252. Fresh2death posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:30 0
count me in! I want the Optimus G! Hook it up plz!
253. agannon posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:40 0
its a toss up between the camera/photo quality and processing speed (both suck on my current phone
that why im considering the LG optimus G
254. jr11555 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:41 0
LG Optimus G for me. Love the specs and screen size.
255. johnnybe posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:42 0
Processor, yeah it's the processor!! Speed, yeah we like speed!!
257. supaman21 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 10:46 0
power, i treat my phone like a computer so i cant have it freezing and stuttering as im trying to get stuff done, optimus g quad core is blazing fast
259. kewlguy210 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:07 0
I like all three phones in terms of shape, wi-fi, bluetooth, processor speed, slide out keypad, etc. My favorite are the optimus g and phonton q.
260. dcampbell57 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:07 0
Good call quaility is the most important feature to me.
263. Coolnee posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:26 0
I feel that the phones needs to have a really good processor, great camera, excellent memory. Also it should be 4GLTE compatible.
265. titans1127 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:30 0
A good screen and great battery life are definitely most important to me
266. Contreramanjaro posted on 04 Dec 2012, 11:32 0
I think I like the LG best of this bunch.
My favorite feature would have to be high quality music playback which is right along with battery life.
271. txvietboi posted on 04 Dec 2012, 12:24 0
Phonearena, thank you so much for throwing this promotional giveaway. As a Sprint user, I truely appreciate it. :)
As for my number one feature that I look for when buying a smartphone, it would be BATTERY LIFE. Nothing is more important as the extra features don't work unless it can be powered on.
I am not a person that likes using cases (unless I'm at the gym), as I'm very careful with my phone normally. So the idea of buying cases with built-in batteries for accommodation does not interest me.
The increase in mAh in newer phones is great! However, they don't tell the whole story (iPhone 5's 1440 mAh vs Galaxy Note II's 3100 mAh). I usually check out other editorial review's battery length tests as a testament to the phone's power consumption.
273. pbmader posted on 04 Dec 2012, 12:36 0
"this week we're running an identical giveaway! Be sure to enter it here!"
Am I in the right place? The link doesn't lead to a new give-away, but to this one which has ended.
Feature: Big Screen
274. eddsmetz posted on 04 Dec 2012, 12:53 0
I love being able to search the web whenever I want.
276. thesportsnutz posted on 04 Dec 2012, 12:58 0
To me the most important feature is the prosscessor speed. With the ability to almost seemlesly move from application to application is key when you bundle it in with lte speeds.
278. CapedCrusaderRobin posted on 04 Dec 2012, 13:14 0
I need a qwerty keyboard back in my life thats a valuable smartphone feature to have ! I hate swyping !
280. Goreknight9 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 13:22 0
Although I have never owned a smartphone I think good smooth user interface/OS is the key.
Most of my friends complained about lags on their phones and it can be very annoying.
283. lenloesch posted on 04 Dec 2012, 13:58 0
Most valuable feature is PPI, a clear, brillant screen is tantamount.
284. raichur0xx0rz posted on 04 Dec 2012, 13:59 0
Most valuable feature for me is build quality of the device, but more than just the material - components such as battery, screen quality, and stability (due to processor/RAM) also play into that.
285. VAPlaya1 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 14:01 0
If I had to pick an overall feature, I would say the screen size. Next would be speed and clarity of the screen.
288. beseenorelse posted on 04 Dec 2012, 14:14 0
The smartphone feature that is most valuable to me, sadly, is the screen - the richer the color, better the battery life, size, feel on my fingers, presentation, everything. It's so sad but is so true.
289. Rio1983 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 14:17 0
I love the screen size as long as the battery allows the phone to operate in a timely manner. Hate having a great phone and the battery life is only good for 4 to 5 hrs.
292. CfullerTX posted on 04 Dec 2012, 14:44 0
That quad core processor int the Optimus G will take multitasking to a whole new level. Definitely my favorite feature.
294. downphoenix posted on 04 Dec 2012, 14:53 0
I think the most important feature is the ability to download new apps and games, since without this feature a smartphone is just a really fancy feature phone.
295. QuadCorePro343 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 14:55 0
With the hardware being so close on every phone the most valuable feature is deffinetly software. More specifically OS updates. I marvel that apple still keeps phones like the iPhone 4 up to date. By comparison- could you imagine the original HTC Evo(release same time of iphone4) having 4.2 JellyBean? It sold really well,kept Sprint afloat, and was dubbed "The iPhone Killer" but fizzled after being dead in the water when it came to updates. It was a great phone that spawned the Evo shift,Evo3D,and the Evo 4G. But whats the use if you buy a killer phone with amazing specs if its not going to be supported with the latest updates?
300. alquintanilla posted on 04 Dec 2012, 15:59 0
LG Optimus G, I love taking pics and this phones seems to the perfect phone for taking pics.