Giveaway: Optimus G, PHOTON Q and Galaxy Victory for Sprint #2
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2012, 07:58 posted on
As promised, here's our second giveaway, where, thanks to our partners from Sprint, we'll be presenting you with three marvelous smartphones: the LG Optimus G, the Motorola PHOTON Q and the Samsung Galaxy Victory! As a reminder, next week we'll be giving away a total of 4 handsets - these three here, plus an LG Mach. What better way there is to end the year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
542. AdrenalineFiend (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Multi-Tasking...... Don't like it when it bogs down
543. SMoKeDoUt_J (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I needed one of these it would be just in time for Christmas
550. Vorsayo (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Jan 2012)
Screen quality, high pixel density and rich colors.
553. szeller (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Most important SP feature has got to be the screen and proccessor! Gotta love PA!
554. imneveral0ne (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Optimus G Please!
Most valuable to me would be the ability to place a phone call! It is a phone after all lol.
556. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Camera is most important feature to me with battery life being second. Thanks PA!
557. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Pure, unadulterated speed is my highest priority.
558. JigsterNL (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
The CPU/Chipset of course. A phone can be beautiful and have lots of 'great' features, but without a strong CPU it is nothing!
559. standardmissile (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Connectivity. In order to utilize it as a "smart-phone" the handset needs to be able to both transmit and receive the available (and often limited) wireless signal. Whether it is CDMA 1xRTT, EVDO Rev A, WiMax, or LTE a handset is ultimately no good if it cannot connect out to the carrier. If a phone has a reasonable Tx and Rx I look at how it compares against the competition more thouroghly. However if the antenna is designed in a superb manner and can more effectively grab that signal than the competition, I will gladly overlook other minor design bugs/issues!
564. randeepsamra (Posts: 29; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
THe display and battery life are most important
565. ricosuave46 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
The Optimus G
It's very snappy quad core processor allowing it to mulitask through the new LG user interface mixed with the ice cream sandwich and the ability to control the battery through the processor XD
566. stevensil (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
being able to travel and not needing to change phones
569. quaez (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The most important feature to me is a big screen so that I can actually use the phone without constantly making typos and clicking on the wrong things. 2nd it needs the processing power and a decently sized battery to power the large screen.
571. DragosSese (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
The most valuable smartphone feature for me is a powerful web broswer.
573. 19and6 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
A super high resolution display is what most interests me. A kickstand for hands-free viewing is the icing on the cake.
576. Amazon (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
reliability of my handset the fact that these phones are always able to let me reach who i need to talk or show me how too get to the places i need to be with features like google maps navigation or yellow page look up with just a scroll or tap and when i need it voice activation . so i believe quality in the manufacturing is my favorite feature
578. VerbalRouser (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
LG Optimus G please!!
Long battery life and smooth, easy user interface!
579. acewhales (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Battery because nothing will get accomplished without it.
580. MasterSyrron (Posts: 59; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
Perhaps the most important feature of a smartphone to me is the ability to instantly connect with friends and family. I live in Ohio; my parents in Alabama and Florida. My closest relative is 9 hours away. Our family has always been about communication and sharing special moments. My wife and I have our first son on the way (ANY DAY!!!!!!) and we want to share that with our family who can't be here. Skype, email, Facebook and more -- keeping in touch and staying connected is paramount for me!
581. emes360 (Posts: 13; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
For me what matters most is a fast processor, so that everything is quick and smooth. Second place is a high resolution screen.
582. mrtim1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Reading and answering email has become the most important feature for me.
A larger screen is a must.
587. SoJUICED (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 May 2010)
I'd have to say that the best feature for me is a combination of 2, the processor speed and the shutter speed, because the faster I can capture a moment with my little ones the better.
588. mperez826 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
Its all about the ram.....no one likes a crashing app
589. badbullshah (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
I love powerfull quadcore and awesome 13 hr battery life
590. SStewart (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
nice camera and the latest OS. I hate being left behind.
591. livesarebroken (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
Big Hd screen ....like the LG optimus G
592. Saleem818 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I would like the LG Optimus G.. the most feature i like about it is the 4.7" screen. but the ultimate feature i love is the 13MP camera!!!! That's what means the most to me! :)
593. Yato32 (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
In the case of sprint, 4g lte and 3g service especially when using internet based apps
I use it all when i go out, visit family, and during work.
Gotta check my email? 3g/4g
bored? downloaded a game, watched a video, or read a book i downloaded
Checkingf my social networks? 3g and 4g lets me do that
But what makes a smart phone different from a regular phone is the APPS and widgets! :D
594. mij9895 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Feb 2011)
Motorola Photon Q, because a physical keyboard is more important to me than anything else.
595. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 798; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Handset should solve my prime purpose of Calling & messaging seamlesly. i'm insisting on this point bcoz in my HTC One V, I face issues regarding slow phonebook access & slow messaging access. Sometimes the phone used to take more than 20secs to open up the phonebook app which was frustrating when I needed to make a call urgently. Same with the messaging app. This issue was becoz HTC changed android + HTC Sense in their systems & with only 512MB RAM (out of which Sense eats up half of it) it lagged & was slow in opening the important apps(Broken Multitasking Issue). Didnt face any such issue on SGS2(best multitasking).
So, proper multitasking & prioritizing the app for multitasking is important for seamless & usefulness of Smartphone.
596. doublej1970 (Posts: 28; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
LG used to be a favorite maker's of mine until they slacked off hard core. The new optimus G has put LG back in the game! I'd like to have the G for it's updated LG UI.
597. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
The most important feature is a big screen. Even a 4.3 is big versus my old 3.2 inch phone. I have huge fingers and the bigger the screen the better. With my old phone I'd be pressing multiple keys and it would pick them all up.
598. Cavalheiro1522 (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
A big screen is the most valuable smartphone feature to me.