Giveaway: Optimus G, PHOTON Q, Galaxy Victory and LG Mach for Sprint
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 07:15 posted on
The time has come for us to launch our third Sprint giveaway, and guess what - this time we have not three, but four handsets for you...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kelley71 (Posts: 44; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
The operating system, as a platform for everything I'll do on the phone.
7. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
Just out of curiosity what would you do with a phone if it has the OS you like but the screen size is only 2 inch.
82. Kelley71 (Posts: 44; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I've owned a 3.x" Touch Pro (Windows Mobile), a 4" Epic (Android) and used a 4" iPhone (iOS), and while I would probably shift more activity off the phone (either directly or via VNC), I'd adjust to the 2" screen if I needed to. I adjust to the touch screen keyboard when I press a 4¼" Evo into service. Neither carries significant on-board storage (< 1 GiB) or RAM (½ GiB), high screen resolution (WVGA) or high-speed data (WiMax), yet both (Epic, Evo) will do almost everything I'd like to do on a handset.
The biggest challenge (imho) is downgrading what I'd like to actually do with the phone.
3. Theo15 (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
A great camera has to be the most important feature to me. If the LG Optimus G had a better one I would have bought it already
6. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
Without a doubt the (screen size)....
The bigger.... The better.
8. BigRed83 (Posts: 140; Member since: 19 May 2008)
I have a tie for the most important features:
Unless I'm four for four, I'm losing.
10. Conan_Kudo (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
The screen is the most valuable feature to me. The Optimus G's 720p HD screen is the best HD screen out there, in terms of image quality and touch response. That is something I desire in my phones.
12. kickyindahead (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
the alarm clock is the most important feature for me...
15. tigermcm (Posts: 563; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
The OS, what good are specs with an OS that cannot use the specs to full potential
18. pupucy (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
The operating system is the most important for me.
19. T.Shaper (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
The most advanced technology is nothing more than a paper weight with out power. Battery life is something that my phone literally can't live without.
20. jian9007 (Posts: 14; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Consistent and reliable signal strength, for both sending and receiving. I mean cellular voice, data, Wi-Fi, GPS, etc. If it can't do it well, what's the point?
21. AFnerdTP (Posts: 75; Member since: 15 May 2012)
ability to customize everything!
p.s. - can i still enter contests? lol..
23. bparkerson (Posts: 97; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
The processor...without an adequate processor non of the other features can perform to its fullest!
**Merry Christmas Everyone!!!**
24. Barry8201 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
The processor, battery life, and a physical keyboard are the most valuable options for me.
28. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Active Sync so I can get my Microsoft Exchange emails.
30. greatestdad12 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Best feature other than the front facing camera is the android operating system. It blows the iPhone ios out the water.
34. shaljoh (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
The processor is the most important feature to me. Behind that everything else falls in line.
35. dex-4 (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Signal Strength and the radios. Both LG Optimus G and Motorola Photon Q are leading in. If I can't get any signal, there is no use having a phone.
37. svec7186 (Posts: 44; Member since: 24 Jul 2011)
give me one and the phone part is important
38. fullmonty (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
µSD Card Slot.
Without external card support, I would not consider a phone.
39. bitslizer (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Jul 2010)
battery life, the phoen must last a whole day!
40. theBankRobber (Posts: 631; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
1080p screen on the optimus G, enough said :)
144. theBankRobber (Posts: 631; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Oh my bad 720p screen with 318 PPI lol didn't mean 1080p screen.
41. MattGioff (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
The most important smartphone feature is the processor for me; therefore the LG Optimus G would be perfect for me with its quad core processor humming along inside. I currently have a hour long commute that I use for mobile gaming and I like to play the intense graphically driven games like Shadowgun and Dead Space. If I had the LG Optimus G I could avoid the agonizingly long load screens and gameplay hiccups.
Please pick me, Phone Arena! It'd be awesome!
44. camrok6569 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 May 2011)
Network speed/reliability. Screen size also
46. benassi (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Great processor battery 4g lte speed camera!!!!:)
48. kc_exactly (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
4g. I have a busy life. Slowing down for things to buffer and load drives me crazy.
52. aquariumdude (Posts: 39; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
A beautiful screen and fast performance!!!
54. jbjr43 (Posts: 44; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Battery life, connectivity, screen size/clarity and speed!
55. swaghost (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
The ability to get timely o/s updates. Try living without it.
(By the way, until Motorola sends me a free Photon Q for sending an O/S broadside through my Photon by cutting off updates and end of lifing the phone nine months after I bought it, they can pound sand. )
58. LordDavon (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
Multitasking is a must have for anyone trying to work on-the-go!