Giveaway: Nokia Lumia 920
0. phoneArena 26 Dec 2012, 14:52 posted on
Whaaat's up folks, are you ready for another awesome RadioShack + PhoneArena giveaway? Well, you better be, as we have a brand new and very, very shiny Nokia Lumia 920 for AT&T here for one of you. But that is not all, as we'll pair the Lumia 920 to the classy AUVIO Bluetooth headphones. Now that's what we call a real giveaway here at PhoneArena...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
267. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
PureView!! Beautiful pictures and of course the optical image stabilization will be great for an amateur photographer and screenplay writer like me!
268. tkvdog (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I'm so far just a little over 1 month into the use of my Nokia Lumia 920 and I must say, I LOVE IT TO DEATH. I'm still unable to get over the captivating appearance the phone has upon first glance. (Especially the cyan color which I happen to own...) Its color seems deep, rich and vivid. They will also remain intact if the phone gets scuffed, unlike other popular phones...ahem**iphone**ahem...Furthermore the silky smoothness of the screen is one that I have never really experienced on another phone. It literally feels soft to touch and its extremely sensitive. Truly amazing.
The ergonomics of the phone, coupled with the striking colors and substantial heft of the device truly gives it that "premium" feel. This is a phone that one has to personally handle to truly get what i'm talking about.
Moving on to the fantastic UI experience that is Windows 8. As someone coming from Windows 7.5 I will admit that while the overally Windows 8 experience is generally positive, it is definitely more buggy than Windows 7.5 was. And some of my favorite games (like Dodononpachi) STILL DONT WORK DESPITE US BEING PROMISED BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY FROM THE START! As you can tell, some of the glaring bugs in Windows Phone 8 are annoying, but the plethora of positives can't be ignored! I mean, literally everything about the phone is better. From the high resolution, to the speed of the OS, to the mulitasking capabilities, to the resizable tiles, to xbox music, literally everything works better, faster, and smoother than its predecessor...when it works. Granted there are a few more hiccups and OS resets on this new Windows Phone 8 Os, but with subsequent updates i'm sure this will be rectified....like its predecessor was.
All in all, my Lumia has been about 98% positive and 2% negative, easily the highest satisfaction I've ever had with a phone. We all know that literally NO phone is perfect. And while it is unfortunate that there are some unlucky souls whose own lumia 920 experiences haven't been so favorable, to them I say "You're holding it wrong." No seriously, its unfortunate but i'm sure they must be in the minority. Hopefully Nokia is working hard to enable people replace their phones quickly, enabling people to experience the 920 in all its glory.
All In all, what you deem important in a device is what makes a phone perfect. For me this phone has everything I need, from its an easy to use and intuitive OS, to its amazing camera, awesome ergonomics, to its amazing screen, and great battery life too boot! This Nokia Lumia 920 does all those aforementioned things demonstrably well, and I truly cant say the same for its competitors! All in all, I'm literally in love with my phone and will likely rock this sucker till its wheels fall off.....(or whenever Nokia announces its successor...)
269. xXShinigami20 (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Camera n its running the new mobile os of Microsoft.
270. chopinsky (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
The phone quality. Nokia may has been lacking behind on making edge-cutting smartphones, but they're making smartphones that's also sturdy, a phone you can really rely on for a 48-months nonrefundable journey.
272. portofmiami (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
My favorite feature is the super sensitive screen. Nice to not have to take off the gloves to receive a call!
273. eisenkrote (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Turn-by-turn voice-guided driving instructions. I don't have to worry about someone breaking into my car to grab my GPS. I leave it at home and use my phone.
276. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
ive always like windows products, since the first wp came out i always love it the tiles and how different is from android and ios. Nokia also has great products and since im a Communicologist, love to take photos, i know i have to have this phone, the thing is im getting married next week so im not able to affort it right now. so, if you can give it to me, sure i will love to take all kinds of photos with it and then posted them before and after the weeding so you can see im not liying lol!
btw im getting married on january 3rd
277. luki1993 (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
the curved side feels just perfect in my hand
278. persim (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Dec 2010)
Image Stabilization - creates cleaner looking pictures
280. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Wireless charging because you will never wake up freaking out that your phone isn't charged. Can Iz have fone nao please?
281. skyjet15 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
The camera is definitely my favorite feature. But I held one in a store recently and I have to say, ergonomics are great.
282. shefo (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
the camraaaaaaaaaaa bec it capture awsome pics and the unscrachable screen bec i will never need a stylus i can use anything even a nail
283. aldridhl (Posts: 69; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
Gotta love that polycarbonate unibody design.
284. dreddserious (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Unique design for a windows phone make it one of the first people Aren't afraid to buy. The simple, easy to use interface appeals to people caught in the android vs iPhone struggle.
285. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Tough one... I would've said the camera 2 months ago before we actually saw samples from various lighting environments. Finally getting Drive integrated with Maps is also up there too.
I'm going to have to say the custom EQ is my favorite feature. I'm a sound snob and there is no Power Amp for WP and never will be. So for me to finally have the ability to fine tune the sound puts a big smile on my face, even if its only 5 bands.
286. fur0n (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
It is running windows phone 8, and i haven't had a chance to play with it yet to see what it's like.
287. doonroy (Posts: 10; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
My favorite feature would actually be its design. I can't resist the phone's sharply crafted corners.
288. PatriotsA (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Easy Navigation, tough and durable, Excellent Picture and Video Quality
291. jaycordero05 (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
There's no question or doubt in my mind that the best feature of the Lumia 920 is the build quality. It's beautiful, in fact stunning, and it still remains the best looking phone on the market. Add that to the speed, windows platform, and camera, and you have one of the top phones of the year.
292. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
The camera is the best feature for sure. The Lumia takes really nice shots
293. cowakami (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
The camera with pureview technology. It s so cool and the camera is really important for a phone.
294. aron7 (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
For me it's between the design and the camera. The design because it's unlike anything else currently on the market (other Lumias notwithstanding), and the camera because it's amazing.
295. Fresh2death (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
the COLORS! i really like the color options of the phone! I want teh yellow one so bad. PLus i love the screen, the pixels!
296. jtmoney430 (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
The best feature is that it is not iPhone or Android.
298. airricq (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Inductive charging, don't need to mess around with plugging it in anymore!
299. dashiz09 (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I love the camera because of how sharp and clear the images are.
300. adroit1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
The pureview camera is my favorite feature of the Nokia 920. The reason is because of the low light capabilities, camera stabilization, and the editing features.
301. krafty1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I like the low light ability of the camera. Also the ability to use the screen with gloves.
302. knowah (Posts: 15; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
My favorite feature is the camera because most other features are available on other devices.
304. G2userLuvit (Posts: 23; Member since: 09 Apr 2011)
I really like the Nokia camera apps like chromiograph purely amazing and very user friendly
305. thavet (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
the camera bcuz a great camera helps you capture those great moments
306. geniusjatt (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
no doubt, Camera, packed with many of the SLR features
307. CWBAlfredo (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
PureView all the way! I just went to the AT&T store today intending to buy a cyan N920 but they couldn't even order it for me... I suppose getting one for free would solve that!
308. xuerantiger (Posts: 46; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
favorite feature is the wireless charging. it's innovative and there's no more tangling wires to deal with.
310. BSTManCMc (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
The Tough design and easy to use touch screen, no need to remove the gloves in the snow.
311. lonewolf2873 (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
I like the thought of windows mobile. Camera features are awesome too.
314. soxnation13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
The Camera and all of the crazy colors that this phone comes in!
315. CheapSocks (Posts: 21; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
The audio recording of the camera!! I've heard such clear, crisp sounds coming from a video recorded on a phone before!
316. belovedson (Posts: 887; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
the look of the lumia is quite impressive
317. rosinok (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
what's not to love? The LTE capability, the huge display, the dual core processors, the magnificent camera, the wireless charging. Everything about the phone is just incredible not to mention it runs my favorite Mobile OS, Windows!
319. Vater2451 (Posts: 7; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
Favorite feature has to be the uniqueness of the device! From the colors to the design and the camera, this phone seriously stands out in a crowd!
321. brianwithnoy (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
I like how ridiculously fast it is, compared to iPhones or Androids
322. matd20012001 (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
i love its camera ..for the great quality of pictures and videos.
323. GeekMovement (Posts: 2127; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Definitely the build quality and design along with the exclusive nokia apps that makes the experience nearly complete combined sets it apart from the rest of the windows phone devices.
324. suavemezie (Posts: 81; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Nokia Lumia 920 rugeddness! it's anti scratch technology, both on the unibody and the gorilla glass is awsome
325. hkstyle (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
city lens!!! it helps me decide on a place to eat when im out! shows me where all the surrounding restaurants are!!!
326. Gio1897 (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Favorite feature is the PUREVIEW technology camera!
327. jamaladam (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I think the best features are it's design and camera.