Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:21
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
478. alj34 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 22:39 0 0
I have not broken my screen but that day may come. I am quite trippy!
479. bonsly16 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 00:11 0 0
Yes I did, once when I accidentally dropped a hammer on my iPhone 4 (was doing some construction work and forgot my iphone was beside me). The screen did crack on the middle but as I could still read what was on the phone I didn't bother shelling it out two-hundred bucks to replace it when more importantly, my contract was going to end in two weeks. Used my two hundred bucks instead to buy a new iPhone 4S.
480. lio26 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 00:43 0 0
My Droid X screen shattered...as well with the whole body getting all scratched and broken:(.... and bought a tool kit with all the necessary screwdrivers needed at the local store. I found somebody selling a Droid X with a broken screen so i bought that too. The last item was the new screen itself, this i found in a website that i had doubts about... But it all worked out in the end. Now how did my phone brake i have no idea. All i know that i was at my firend party and went back to the location of the party looking for my phone that morning.
483. pksm1600 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 01:55 0 0
No...never broken a screen before...(so lucky!!) Iphone 4....and it works!....
484. Jfrank posted on 02 Aug 2012, 01:57 0 0
I have and i replaced it by myself (yah, I'm so pro like that!) ....Also an Iphone user!!!(3g)
485. KimBerg posted on 02 Aug 2012, 02:00 0 0
Never broken my screen before....oh but i have broken a digitizer before...
486. goodgame123 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 02:05 0 0
I have and I sent it to the shop (warranty) ....i like ipads....
487. wackywacko4 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 02:35 0 0
My wife broke my screen on my nexus s 4g, cracked it right down the middle. still works though, so we have not replaced it yet, though we hope to replace it with a new phone as soon as possible
488. afnanrahman posted on 02 Aug 2012, 03:00 0 0
Yes I have broken my screen and I fixed it with my insurance.
489. ev1lp1nk1 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 03:48 0 0
I've only ever broken 2 displays in my time. Once on an old GBA *I quit pokemon TCG after that* and the other time on a psp *replaced the analog nub and while putting the device back together I placed the wrong screw into the wrong hole. Ever hear an LCD panel crack slowly under pressure? It's rather gut wrenching.* Unfortunately the GBA was pitched, and while I still have the PSP I've yet to buy a replacement screen.
490. anDroidq posted on 02 Aug 2012, 04:00 0 0
sure. Dropped it, got a replacement on eBAy and using help from iFixit :D
491. CrisTRON posted on 02 Aug 2012, 04:43 0 0
Nope, never broke any of my phone screens! hope i never do! :]
492. Mattyob77 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 05:05 0 0
Yes! Unfortunately, I managed to crack my iPhone screen while playing football. However because I visit this site regularly the 'werx' service came to mind. Sent them my iPhone in a box and it was returned quickly with a great new screen - quality service!
493. eight_ball posted on 02 Aug 2012, 06:59 0 0
Yessir. I killed the screen on my old samsung feature phone. Had it in my front pocket druing a pool match, leaned against the table too hard to take my shot. Didn't realize til the next morning I had cracked my screen all to hell. Alcohol may or may not have been involved. I had get a new phone as good ol american telephone and telegraph said they didn't have the parts to fix the screen. Conspiracy!
494. niteiknight posted on 02 Aug 2012, 07:38 0 0
I've never broken my phone's screen, but I did accidently shatter my iPod touch's. Simple fix, I just ordered a replacement glass screen and installed it myself.
495. fraydoe posted on 02 Aug 2012, 07:47 0 0
sadly yes i have cracked the screen of my iphone
at a gas station, getting gas, pulled the beautiful work of art out of my pocket a placed it on my gas tank (motorcycle), then stupidly put my gloves on top of it and whaddya know? it falls off
big spider web crack on the screen however it was holding up, went home put a some clear packing tape on it, and it worked perfectly
the clear packing tape trick has worked for many phones and also prevents furture damage, ive even heard people using it as a cheap screen protector that you can replace if it gets the fuzzies on the edges
496. kamranhaikal posted on 02 Aug 2012, 09:52 0 0
when i had a sony ericsson w580i, i simply ordered a new screen on ebay, opened up the phone and replaced it in a couple of minutes. when i broke the screen on my samsung captivate, (shattered, but still worked), i decided to sell it for 130 dollars on craigslist to pay for my new GSII with gorilla glass.
497. bentkarma posted on 02 Aug 2012, 10:25 0 0
Yes I have broken only 1 screen on my iPhone 3gs, bought a cheap replacement and changed it and I do jot recommend that because the glass cracked while installing it. I gave the phone to my sister and now I baby my current phone samsun galaxy s2.
498. Ejmir101 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 11:43 0 0
Broke the screen so many times, both on my phones (HTC Wildfire, Iphone 3gs, and my mothers Iphone 4s) and my father tablet (Yarvik Gotab Zetta 9.7") and never had problem repairing the screen! My father taught me how to fix the screens on a easy way. He usually buys a small tube of some kind of screen repair. He firstly puts the screen repair gel and spreads it equally through the little holes made on the screen, and after the gel dries out, he puts on a another layer to make the screen look really glossy! Turns out to be better after breaking the screen then after buying the iPhone or the tablet! I hope I win! And this was a TRUE story!
499. iDevice posted on 02 Aug 2012, 12:08 0 0
broke my iphone screen =(( i just bought a privacy screen protector so people dont notice!! haha
500. Loydchristmas23 posted on 02 Aug 2012, 12:18 0 0
Never broken my screen but many times I thought it was and should have been.
501. bigheadsmartboy posted on 02 Aug 2012, 13:43 0 0
In my earlier posting I said I had never broken the screen on my phone before and today it almost happened when I was walking to my car and texting and I didnt see someone coming and they bumped right into me but luckily my phone hit their boot and saved me from the misfortune of breaking my screen...
502. ncvzw posted on 02 Aug 2012, 14:12 0 0
i have broke my screen and i used a 3rd party company to repair it. they were cheaper than an insurance claim, due to the fact that i work for a carrier and they gave me a discount.
503. almendarez.edwin posted on 02 Aug 2012, 14:29 0 0
Yes I broke the screen of my iPhone, what did I do?
Carefully remove the two screws from the bottom with an appropriate screwdriver. Slide up the top edge and then just simply lift up. Remove the single screw holding the battery to the logic board. Pull up the battery connector with something that is not a metal or conduct electricity. Separate the battery from the mid plate. Remove the two screws to uncover the dock connector. Remove the sticker to the left of the pull plastic tab; you'll find that there is another tiny screw that you have to remove. Look at the top now you see 5 screws that you also need to remove, remove the plate. Remove the sim card and it's holder. On the bottom of the phone lies the antenna plug that you need to pop out, underneath the dock ribbon connector. Remove the camera connector cable and take out the camera carefully. Start disconnecting the cables on right of the camera. Above the camera connector there is a screw that needs to be removed. Now remove the logic board. Remove the speaker box, there is a screw on the opposite side of the dock ribbon cable. Remove the vibrator on top, there is a screw holding it. Remove the screws on the corners, pull out the broken screen. Line up the new screen with the side screen. Start feeding the digitizer and LCD cables, don't pull too tight. Now retrace the steps.
504. Saving_your_Butt posted on 02 Aug 2012, 19:11 0 0
I have never broken my screen. And that includes drops from 4feet on to the pavement. I guess I'm just lucky..
505. ZealotOnAStick posted on 02 Aug 2012, 21:41 0 0
I haven't broken a screen on a phone. Yet. But I'm plenty paranoid about it.
507. elcocho852 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 03:04 0 0
yes and what i did to fix it was buy a new phone but i first saw phonearena to see what phones had previously came out..
508. wonderGirl412 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 03:26 0 0
Not yet but I would scream if I broke my screen. thanks for the contest
509. cris2001 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:28 0 0
Yep, my iphone, is complex and time consuming but not impossible!!. you can't failed if you dont give up.
511. Techsword posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:38 0 0
Yes I hate it when a phone screen brakes. In the past I had to make an insurence claim or sign a new contract.
512. valapsp posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:44 0 0
No, I'm so conservative about my digital stuffs.
513. SuspectZero posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:47 0 0
I dropped an iPhone 3G once. Shattered the screen and cost me $50 to replace the screen. Ohhhh well!
515. hawke9150 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:50 0 0
I carry inusrance on all of my lines that have a smrt phone, and yes I have had to use it a couple of times for screens that have been broken.
516. persim posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:00 0 0
I dropped my phone and cracked the digitizer. Purchased a new one online and replaced it myself.
517. IndoSlim2000 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:03 0 0
I broke the screen on an HD2. I tried to repair it, but I could never get it back working. In the process of trying to fix it, I think I made it worse, so I just gave up on it. I miss that phone. Especially now that I hear it has Jelly Bean (or was that Ice Cream Sandwich?).
518. frankjbones posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:04 0 0
I most llikely broke my phone's screen when I left my LG Voyager on the roof of my car, never fixed because it has been MIA site center then...
520. thedk10 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:07 0 0
Yes i have broke my screen and i've replaced it myself but it wasnt fun. I have a broken screen on an old incredible 2 thats really bad so werx sounds like a good idea right now lol
521. anjkiii posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:08 0 0
nope ,i havn't broken..i care more than my girlfriend :)
522. nanchen242 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:14 0 0
Yea, I just went to the apple store in 5th ave to get my old iphone 4 fixed.
523. Radykall1 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:24 0 0
I had a GS3 for less than a week. had to spend another $150 for a insurance replacement. Wish I'd known about this. I would have gotten this fixed and got out of my new sprint contract. Now I'm stuck
524. Whateverman posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:25 0 0
Never broken a screen, I always buy good cases.
526. rawfa18 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:46 0 0
I've shattered two phones an HTC EVO and and IPhone 4s. I went thru my carrier insurance.
527. HoneyBadger posted on 03 Aug 2012, 09:54 0 1
Shattered my brothers Nexus a month ago and he was "forced" to buy the new SIII. Nothing says sorry like a brand new Ipad lol.
529. sarriola12sa posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:06 0 0
I have never broken one. I hope to keep the streak!
530. arbitrage2004 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:08 0 0
Never broke a screen on any devide i owned!
531. armenh posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:10 0 0
I am carefull with my phones, no broken screen so far.
532. flyboy346 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:14 0 0
yes it fell on the sidewalk and the screen shattered i didnt know what to do so i got a new phone :)
533. aquariumdude posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:15 0 0
I have never broken my phone screen but if i did i would have a friend fix it for free.
534. jeffsiphone posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:16 0 0
I have never broken my iPhone's screen. I take excellent care of my technology and it never touches the ground.
535. Brandaman717 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:18 0 0
Yes and I bought a screen off of eBay...great price and very good quality item
536. lorenzattractor posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:18 0 0
My LG Vu screen stopped working and got fixed by itself.
537. ProlificZ21 posted on 03 Aug 2012, 10:26 0 0
I use invisible shield for almost all my electronics so I have been protected from screen accidents.