Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:21
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
418. david_the_gom posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:29 0 0
Screen broke? Just buy a new phone :) well, a new used phone that is..
419. azuravssaikou posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:31 0 0
For my old iPhone, used to replace it myself by following a DIY guide that involved using a hairdryer to heat up the glue. Nowadays, I normally take it in to get it done, since the process took some time.
421. granddiaz posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:35 0 0
I've broken my Htc hd 7 screen and supper glued it together !lol
422. chrisjdon posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:39 0 0
broke my screen once, ended up buyimg a new one from my wife's upgrade.
423. abel86 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:41 0 0
no i never broke a screen but if i did and did not have AC+ i would use their OOW repair fee of $249 for iPad and iPad 2 or $299 for the new iPad
424. stefaniex143 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:43 0 0
I broke the screen on my phone once before and had to go to the store to get it fixed. I didn't know how to do it myself!!
425. joey41 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:45 0 0
nearly broke my screen while trying one captcha after another. to reg
ister on phonearena ... never had a broken screen .i try to watch on my stuff !
426. Doogie1989 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:45 0 0
I broke my Iphone screen last month. It gave me a reason to order a conversion kit from eBay and to not only replace the screen but turn it green as well! :)
427. btbk2010 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:49 0 0
I have never broken my own phone screen but I have repaired a few phones. Ebay has a lot of great DIY products and Google has a lot of instructions how to do it :)
428. funnyphoney posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:50 0 0
It was cheaper for me to purchase a screen and fix it myself than to send it in and claim the insurance and pay for the co pay.
429. MattBmore posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:06 0 0
I had my screen replaced at a Sprint service center. Quick and easy.
430. tech_lover posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:14 0 0
my galaxy s2 has fallen 2 or 3 times but fortunately its screen didnt break!!
if it does break then i may be getting a "giveaway" new ipad from phonearena.com!!...lol
431. G2userLuvit posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:19 0 0
I've broken a few screens but the most memorable was on my original Motorola razr. I was sitting on my porch and I flipped it open to answer a call thinking I was a bad&ss and it hit the hand railing shattering the outside screen. I was determined to fix it myself so I bought some clear epoxy from the hardware store, cleaned out all the glass and filled it with the epoxy. Aside from one little bubble and it being a little uneven it worked perfectly... True story.
433. techi5280 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:31 0 0
Yes, I have broken the screen on my iPhone. I took it to Apple and they replaced my iPhone for $200. Learned my lesson. Will get Apple Care+ or Verizon insurance next phone I purchase.
434. brett0917 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:34 0 0
I have broken my screen a few times and now I've learned to get the insurance on the device so I can replace it for $100.
436. KayB1991 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:46 0 0
This is going to be somewhat long so bear with me. The screen on my captivate cracked after falling off of my dishwasher, I guess it was close to the edge or someone bumped it or something. My mom had the same phone but bricked it when trying to install a custom rom, and upgraded to an iphone. She kept it and since it was still lying around and was basically a paperweight, I took both of them apart and switched all of the internals of my phone with hers so I could have everything that was in my phone but with a screen that was for the most part brand new. Kind of a long process but it worked out.
437. jkwok16 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:51 0 0
My HTC One X screen cracked and I brought that to a local mobile phone repair shop for $199!!
438. theoak posted on 01 Aug 2012, 13:59 0 0
Yes I broke my screen on my phone. Did not fix it. I got a new phone.
439. paulyyd posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:01 0 0
Yes I have. I took it to the apple store and they fixed it for me
440. pramod_21c posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:04 0 0
Fortunately that hasn't happen to me yet and hence I have do nothing to fix it.
441. sgarcia posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:10 0 0
Have you ever broken the screen of your phone and what did you do to fix it?
Taking into consideration the following when I broke the screen of HTC AT & T One X, I had to check prices all over the internet. Ending on Ebay paying over $ 90.00 for the screen. I had to wait a week because the seller had not sent in time. Then I tried to install it myself ... What a mistake! I had to take it to a place that repair phones so they told me they could not guarantee me that worked the screen that I bought on Ebay. I did buy another, #%@*... I had no choice.
I spent two weeks without my Smartphone, I spent over $ 200.00 and the worst was the bad moment I went through. This was my experience and do not wish on anyone.
It definitely had been known that if the service offered by Radio Shack I had resolved in 72 hours. At this moment I go to Radio Shack to ask about the service they have of Werx screen replacements with replacement kit.
That's what I would do if happen right now.
sgarcia from PR
442. KayPhl posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:16 0 0
I have not broken a screen yet, but i would like an iPad.
443. mikemco posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:20 0 0
I broke my phone screen once, I have to pay $100 to get a replacement phone.
Sucks to break a screen, whats up with the glass being weak.
444. bubba78 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:43 0 0
I have never broken the screen on one of my phones.
445. Sparhawk posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:46 0 0
I broke the screen of a previous phone when i dropped it while talking on it. I was leaning over a railing above a 15-foot drop, and the phone hit cement at the bottom, and landed screen-first but in multiple pieces. Conventiently, I was eligible for an upgrade on VzW anyway, so I simply ordered a new phone.
On a side note, the person on the other end of that call enjoyed the sensation and sound of flying until the call got disconnected. They say that dropping the phone doesn't hurt it; it's the sudden stop at the bottom that does the damage. ;)
446. delaneyrp13 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 14:50 0 0
Yes i did break the screen on my phone. I was walking down the street and the person in front of me kicked up a pebble and it shattered the glass on my iphone. I used duck tape to fix it.
447. safetyfrog posted on 01 Aug 2012, 15:04 0 0
I broke my phone screen a nd used insurance to replace
448. Exile SS posted on 01 Aug 2012, 15:12 0 0
I have broken a few screens already, used the insurance the first time, then my 2 year was up with the second broken screen so I upgraded.
449. amazinghorse posted on 01 Aug 2012, 15:34 0 0
I like big butts and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny........
450. roswellson posted on 01 Aug 2012, 15:55 0 0
Luckily, knock on wood, crossing my fingers, I have never broke or shattered a screen on my cell/smartphone.
452. SonyFTW2020 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 16:07 0 0
aww come one phone arena....I have never broken a screen on my phone could you please switch up the question next time? I'm sure there are others who would like to be asked different questions so it could help them win.
453. michaelny2001 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 16:33 0 0
Yes, i dropped my iphone while in a home depot and of course it cracked all the way. Fairly easy fix seemed at the time, went on e-bay bought a new screen and without experience tried to fix it myself. Of course i destroyed the iphone and had to buy another one. :-)
455. TheRequiem posted on 01 Aug 2012, 17:05 0 0
All I ever wanted was a tablet pc, specifically the iPad, but being a student and all, I dont even have money to fix my pc. =(
457. TheRequiem posted on 01 Aug 2012, 17:08 0 0
I dont why my pc didnt copy, but the rest of my comment said:
I originally had an iPhone 3G and fractured the screen on it. My friend at the time worked on phones and replaced it for $30, worked like new.
458. pathmarkpolice posted on 01 Aug 2012, 17:26 0 0
Never broke the screen of any of my phones and never had to fix any of them, I take care of all my electronics like I will take care of this new iPad when you give it to me!
459. endal69 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 17:42 0 0
i been very lucky never broke a screen as long as its been working
460. aguilartx posted on 01 Aug 2012, 17:58 0 0
Surpisingly,I have never broken the screen on any phone I have ever owned...knock on wood (not glass).
462. rejoicefulone posted on 01 Aug 2012, 18:53 0 0
"Have you ever broken the screen of your phone and what did you do to fix it?" I have been lucky to have never broken a screen on any of my phones. Therefore I haven't needed to fix one.
463. Azarx posted on 01 Aug 2012, 19:06 0 0
I broke my screen by accident and then I had the insurance removed the month before. I thought it wont happen to me. Well it did and I had to wait two weeks and 100 dollars later to replace it through a third party retailer.
466. animestar posted on 01 Aug 2012, 19:33 0 0
Never broke a screen. But since I have only used pre-paid phones it would be cheeper for me to just buy another.
467. bvosburgh posted on 01 Aug 2012, 19:36 0 0
My son has dropped and cracked my phone, but I still use it.
468. ayephoner posted on 01 Aug 2012, 20:14 0 0
I cracked my screen on my galaxy nexus. It is just one crack about 2" long across the corner. I've just put a screen protector on it to keep it from spreading and to make it less noticeable. Were it worse I would have collected on my insurance plan.
469. n0ppw posted on 01 Aug 2012, 20:23 0 0
I've been lucky. Never had a screen break or stop working. :-)
470. andregotnoswag posted on 01 Aug 2012, 21:18 0 0
Yes i broke the screen of my iPhone. I ordered the screen myself with the tool kit and took apart my iPhone and replaced it myself.
471. justawesome posted on 01 Aug 2012, 21:29 0 0
yea it fell,so i went n bought a new one....... yupp
472. scorpeyun posted on 01 Aug 2012, 21:41 0 0
No I've never broken a screen so haven't ever had to replace one!
473. kirbphone posted on 01 Aug 2012, 22:01 0 0
I shattered my screen to the point of shards of glass falling off. I did what most sane people would do and told my cellphone company to upgrade me. They approved an early upgrade and I got a new phone. No kit needed, only needed to sign my life away for another 2 years.
474. tunercar posted on 01 Aug 2012, 22:02 0 0
Yep, during a break up she grabbed my phone and slammed it on the ground... poor HTC my touch 4g ....
475. Willverine posted on 01 Aug 2012, 22:17 0 0
Not a single broken screen, and hopefully never will
476. godzillagtr34 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 22:31 0 0
Has not happened cuz I am very carefully and if it did I would deal with it till couldn't stand it then use my phone insurance and replace it