Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Aug 2012, 08:21
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
358. nazgul posted on 31 Jul 2012, 21:08 0 0
No i have never shattered a screen on a smart phone before.
359. mnp188 posted on 31 Jul 2012, 21:10 0 0
Never broke the screen of my phone or tablet. not yet:)
362. kraj.snps posted on 31 Jul 2012, 21:16 0 0
I have not broken any screen. Unlike my kids, I know how to protect my electronic investments.
363. SStewart posted on 31 Jul 2012, 21:20 0 0
No I haven't broken my screen yet but all of my friends have and it is such a bummer!
365. brian.28.lee posted on 31 Jul 2012, 21:26 0 0
Yes!!!...i have broken a digitizer for an ipod touch...but really didn't know what to do with it...it's sitting on a shelf....if you guys have suggestion, please tell me!!! Oh! and I do really want a new ipad!!!
366. hrs1282 posted on 31 Jul 2012, 21:45 0 0
I broke my phone screen once. Didn't bother to repair it since it was a old phone
371. KingNote posted on 01 Aug 2012, 00:37 0 0
Yes and I got it fixed immediately through in store insurance replacement....
369. lilwillie82 posted on 31 Jul 2012, 23:58 0 0
i haven't broke a screen yet *knock on wood*
370. Tland23 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 00:14 0 0
To answer the question no I haven't but I have broken the screen of my ipod touch and to fix it I took it to the apple store and luckily had the ipod replaced for free. But I have gotten my phone water damaged on more than 5 ocassions.
374. davecann2 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 09:27 0 0
I Have never broken my iPhone/iPad screen but I know of many people that have. In order have the screen replaced they all had to either bring the device to a local Apple store or, if under warranty, being it back to the service provider for replacement.
376. persim posted on 01 Aug 2012, 09:33 0 0
I dropped my phone and broke the digitizer. I bought a replacement one and replaced it myself.
378. Ouija posted on 01 Aug 2012, 09:48 0 0
Thanks for these giveaways :)
Never broke my iPhone screen before but I do have a thin scratch on it. I ended up trying the toothpaste method on it! Haha. It worked a little bit but you can still tell the scratch is still there.
379. youactappalled posted on 01 Aug 2012, 09:51 0 0
Yes, I have broken the screen on my phone. It was a BlackBerry Bold with a Otterbox Commuter! I couldn't believe it was broken from just being in my pocket. I used Asurion to replace my screen/phone and they overnighted it for me so I wouldn't be without a phone!
380. iaquaks posted on 01 Aug 2012, 09:52 0 0
i broke my chines cellphone lcd and replaced it with the help of my fiend
382. miss-sunshine posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:04 0 0
After a bad experience with my cell phone carrier's ins years ago (a refurbished phone?! Not acceptable! Thank you Motorola for agreeing and helping me get a new one) I started carrying a rider on my home ins that gives me a check for the value (not what I paid) of my phone. Runs about $20 a year with a $25 deductible. My homeowners doesn't jack up when I make a claim, and I save major $. As I have drove over more than one phone with my wheelchair (can't fix that screen, believe me) this has been a lifesaver. NOTE: some renters insurance offer this also. Though not offered by every insurance company even for homeowner's. I cover my laptop with this also....and maybe a new IPad?
383. lovejuice posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:04 0 0
Yes i did just 2 weeks before.
it was my phone went away from my pockets direct to the edge of tiles and screen screwed of.here are some photos.
First i went to service center and they said it will take 5 days without and guarantee of successful fixing and was asking for high price too. so i got it fixed from better local store in just 3 hours. :-)
384. fivegear posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:07 0 0
I have never broken a screen yet and hope I never do :-)
385. ibap posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:10 0 0
I have not broken the screen of a phone, smart or dumb, yet. Knock on wood.
My daughter, on one of her early flip phones, kept taking the case off because she didn't like the bulk. Then she (accidentally) dropped it face-down on a rustic wooden floor and kicked it the length of the room. Scratched the heck out of it, but it didn't break.
386. newuser1 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:21 0 0
I have never broken my phone screen before and don't want to.
387. raymond513 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:24 0 0
Yes I've broken my screen, my phone had fallen out of my pocket when leaving my car and found it was run over (lol) when coming back. Luckily my asurion insurance replaced my phone for me.
388. kingbird50 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:25 0 0
Came close but so far I've been fortunate enough to not have a cracked screen event.
391. Acuonda posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:43 0 0
Yes I did break the screen to my phone. I took it to the local carrier repair center and got it fixed.
393. haniagban posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:43 0 0
NoI have not damage my phone screen. I hope never to have too.
394. bdclark posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:44 0 0
Never broken a screen, and I'm surprised. I've had phones fall off my nightstand, one time my Motorola Droid flew out of the stock holster while running to my car in the pouring rain (inertia is a harsh mistress).
395. stjcripes posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:49 0 0
I dropped my old T-Bolt on gravel face down. This yielded a nice crack right up the middle of the screen. Asurion wanted $99 to replace it, a local repair shop wanted $140, I had neither. The touch screen still worked, so I just kept it until I upgraded.
396. ChocoJ posted on 01 Aug 2012, 10:49 0 0
I haven't yet, but I'm thinking about it if it'll help me win :)
399. ekia007 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:00 0 0
Never Broken the screen. If it does in the future, probably take it to the repair shop. Please let me win this time.
400. Basicallyevolve posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:06 0 0
I have never broken a screen of any mobile / Hand held device that i have owned.
I place them in a case and screen protector the second I get them and baby them because I care about the electronics that I own!
I have never needed to fix them!
402. Slappye posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:24 0 0
Nope. I handle my smartphones and tablets with care.
403. pokergator18 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:31 0 0
mine is badly glass had to come off to see screen
405. Sprintfan posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:43 0 0
I broke my screen and I filed a insurance claim :)
406. Techsword posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:44 0 0
Yes I have had a broken screen. I scrapped the phone and got a new one.
407. simplyj posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:46 0 0
My old HTC Touch for Sprint had it's screen broken. I ordered a new one with a digitizer from Ebay and installed it myself! That was when phones were simple to tinker with.
408. rattler201 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 11:48 0 0
Suprisingly I haven't broken one yet, per se. Take my phone everywhere, and so far my HTC Inspire has some dead pixels where I dropped a barbell on it and a light spot where I accidently left it in my pocket while trying to break branches while camping... surprsied that last one didn't do the trick. ;)
409. Griffin posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:04 0 0
Went to court and was ordered by Judge Koh to destroy my android tablet and receive an Ipad from the RadioShack/PhoneArena giveaway.....
410. jalva30 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:09 0 0
Yes I broke my iPhone 4s screen but the glass didn't break so apple care replaced it for free :) I also used WERX to replace my iPhone 4 when my mom dropped it. My android tablet's screen is currently broken and Ineed to fix it!!
412. escayanan posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:13 0 0
Broke my Droid X screen and digitizer when playing basketball (in retrospect i should have took it out of my pocket before playing). I went on amazon to find a decent replacement part and do it myself. Still works and was easy to repair. =D
413. aquariumdude posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:13 0 0
I have never broken my phone screen but if I did I would have a friend fix it for free!
414. abymaster posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:15 0 0
Yes I have. I normally suck it up and leave it. Though with my crazy desire to have my device in perfect condition, it drives me crazy!!!
416. jknow129 posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:27 0 0
I bought a iPhone as a treat for my mom getting her realty license but when trying to put it in the case it slipped from my hand and hit the corner of my coffee table. I couldnt do anything to fix it as i spent all my money getting it for her :-/
417. KrNpRiDe posted on 01 Aug 2012, 12:27 0 0
I have not broken my smartphone screen and hopefully never will.