Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
298. dmazr (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
my phone is currently busted. I stopped carrying it for now, its kind of nice being detached.
299. pudgypanda3 (Posts: 17; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
No I haven't broken my screen yet but I am sure it will happen in the future
300. Claudster (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
No I have never broken my screen on my phone, but if I did I would freak out and instinctively buy a new one
301. vzakit (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
When ever a screen is broken i just talk to the insurance company, but I didn't realize there was anything like the Werx system. That is a lot cheaper and I wish I would have known about this earlier. I have to check out the website to find out if they handle tablets also.
302. rbjrocks (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yeah I broke of my phone once. and I had got it replaced by werx and they replaced it without any trouble for me.. I like werx for their service and I will always be their trust worthy customer
304. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I took my old phone to a electronics repair shop and they replaced the screen for about $80 only to find out that they swapped out the buttons.
305. huypaulha94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Yes I have, but I didn't get it fixed.
306. Manideepreddy (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Noo... I never broke my phones screen.. So never had to fix it.!
308. KurtDawg (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
No I haven't broken my screen before. I guess I have been extremely lucky so far. I would probably be heart broken if I cracked my screen on my brand new phone or tablet.
309. jsantiago272 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Luckily I haven't break the screen of my iPhone. Woooohoooo!!!!
310. slickric620 (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Broke the screen of an HTC Droid Eris. I simply used Scotch Tape (yes that is correct, Scotch Tape) for about a week until I could upgrade. :)
311. hrrsncrawford786 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
In the past, I have broken my phone's screen and went to amazon.com to find a replacement screen, where I replaced it myself.
312. mchoi0125 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
no i never broke it. hopefully i won't!!!
313. eshney (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
No, I'venever broken a screen. But if that was to happen, I'd just buy one of those replacement kits and fix iy myself. Or move on to another phone.
314. aboveaverage12 (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Never broke the screen to any phone
315. vivektech (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i broke the screen of my phone using screen breaker theme and then fixed the phone back by changing the theme :-)
316. vivektech (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
breaking the screen shows disrespect towards our phone.... so guys plz don't try this unless u hv a thick pocket
317. 19and6 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
A friend gave me an iPhone 3gs with cracked glass, and I fixed it with an 8 dollar shopping trip to amazon and watching a 20 minute Youtube video.
318. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
once i dropped my nokia 6680 (it was year 2005 and yes it is considered cool gadget back then) and the poor thing split into three parts - the battery, the screen and the body. Naturally I was mortified! I reacted as if I dropped something so prescious back then. It was never restored and I have it replaced with a new one.
319. fistigons (Posts: 269; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I smashed my ipad screen a year ago. I bought a replacement screen on ebay for $40 and tried to replace it myself. That did not go as planned. So instead of sending it to apple I took it to a local tech store who specializes in smart phone repairs. They were able to repair my ipad for $50. Works like a charm still.
320. perk2 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Yes I broke the screen on my phone then I sent it back to Verizon. Then I broke the screen on my iPod, then I had to send it back to musicianfriends. Then my brother dropped my iPad and now the screen is cracked, but I would love to have the retina display iPad and be sure to not let that one get broken.
321. krishelnino (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I had an iPhone 4S 16GB (black) and once i dropped it accidentally onto a tarmac from about 5ft high. Not surprisingly the whole front glass was shattered into many pieces. Luckily though the back glass remained intact. Instead of taking it to the Apple store, i decided to work it out myself. A little bit of research on Google and i found many replacement kits as a set of LCD+touch screen digitizer+cover(covers available in various colors :D). Finally ordered one such kit including the necessary tools on eBay for around 50$ and got it delivered in a week. Meanwhile, i watched various tutorials and do-Hows on YouTube. After watching many videos for dozens of times, i was pretty familiar with what to do. Finally, it took me 2 hours to carefully disassemble and replace the screen. I somehow managed to fit it back perfectly without any niggles. And whoaa, the iPhone was as good and functional as it was before. Its been 4 months since that and till now i haven't faced any problems.
These helped me a lot
Phone doctors -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
322. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Never had a screen shatter -- I had a Zagg screen and a case to keep my phone safe.
323. nicholassss (Posts: 363; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I recommend my friends have a buddy fix it, i've been lucky enough to never break a screen.
324. sergio911 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of my old iPhone 2G i waited 2 Years to fix it
325. mformarcee (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I broke the top left edge of the screen of my Samsung Galaxy S, but it's nothing serious, no need to repair.
326. mikelintn (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I have never broken my phone's screen. If I did, I would replace the phone with a new one.
327. wazzaws (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I've had a couple close calls..... But I've never cracked a screen
328. KiddUriel (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
I have broken the screen on my phone twice. About 2 weeks ago, i had the screen of my iPhone 4S broken. I guess that counts as 3 times. I got the 2 problems before my iPhone fixed by buying a new phone, and then by fixing the screen myself. Had the iPhone fixed by going to the Apple store. The 1 year AppleCare the phone comes with was still active so the people at the Genius Bar were pretty cool about everything and gave me a replacement.
329. halfpint (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
never have broken a screen but have replaced an iphone creen for my daughter.
330. SharanR (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Surprisingly I haven't broken a phone screen yet, but I have cracked the back panel of my iPhone 4 :P and to fix the back panel, I ordered another panel and replaced it myself.
331. kevinvl16 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of my SGS2 and I bought a new housing on eBay and replaced the complete exterior.
332. housry23 (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I have broken the screen on my Samsung Epic 4G Touch and just claimed it on insurance since a new screen costs more than the deductible. I have replaced many iPhone screens. My latest was an iPhone 4S, which is a bit more difficult than the older models, but still doable.
334. ewilliams1009 (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I have not broken my screen yet but my phone has taken a few bad splills
335. riosmh (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Yes but I did not dare attempt to fix it myself.
336. blainerd (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen to my Droid Incredible less than a year after I got it while I was at school. At first the crack wasn't too bad, but as the day progressed the screen turned into an unreadable/unusable mess. I've always had insurance on my phones so I was able to send it in and get a new phone back. Haven't cracked a screen since then (I have an iPhone 4S right now).
337. dhusted (Posts: 6; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Yes I have broken many screens. Back in the day of flip phones i stepped on a few and broke them. Those ones I just replaced. I didnt break my first smart phone sceen untill my 3gs. That one I bought the screen from eBay and replaced it myself. Then two weeks later I broke it again and replaced it. Then 3 weeks later the same thing. I went through 4 screens on it in a matter of 3 months. I upgraded to the 4 and had it for a about 3 months when i managed to shatter the front screen on it. Once again eBay comes along to save the day. I even got colored glass for it. I got tired of that one quick and went for the Atrix 4G. this phone has been through heck and back and not even a scratch. It has fallen off a roof, off a fork lift (a few times) and thrown at some one. It deffinitely pays to learn how to disassemble phones and DIY.
338. R3dD4rt (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
No - I always use a sleeve and the one time I dropped it on concrete, it was a-okay
340. razorhawk9 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Fortunately not, but now I know Werx will take care of me if I do.
341. kickinbass (Posts: 26; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Yes and it sucks too. Well I had to look for a screen replacement site and looked at EBay as well. 189 dollars later, which I should have just done the claim with insurance, it's fixed and goos as refurbished cause it's not new. Ha! Thanks hope I win a Shiny new one.
342. tmfjayremy (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I have never broken my phone screen. The only electronics I've ever broken is a video game controller out of pure rage.
343. CapedCrusaderRobin (Posts: 31; Member since: 19 Dec 2010)
Im usually careful with my phones, especially my iphone, i had droppped it dozen of times, (no case protection, only a screen protector) never had an issue. Buy a heavy duty case with a clip and the first time it drops the screen cracks. Fortunately for me i had apple care which is an easy swap for me at the apple store, but my luck the only store closest to me were all out of my particular model (64gig white 4s) and i had to wait two weeks for them to get it in for me so i could replace it. cracked screen on an iphone is no fun believe you me.
344. 50fanboy (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I cracked my phone screen once I removed the front screen and bout another LCD screen I removed all the part then resembled the my phone with the new
345. radji (Posts: 16; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Did I ever break my phone screen? Yup! It was my Blackberry Curve 8350i. I only had it three weeks. My poor little Crackberry Curve was sitting next to me on my couch when I dropped the remote out of my hand. The remote landed on top of the phone, and I heard this jaw dropping CRUNCH! This was just a TV remote, it couldn't have cracked the screen I thought? Boy was I wrong. I had to replace the screen and the protective lens. Thank god FONLOGIX LLC had both. Only cost me $150 on top of the $300 I had already spent on the phone. I don't know how I would have fixed it if I wasn't so mechanically inclined...Nextel refused service since it was physically damaged. I was lucky enought to find someplace that was already selling the screens. Research-In-Motion...NEVER AGAIN!
346. rmg21 (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 May 2011)
I have not broke a screen Yet! Hope i never do.But Thanks to PhoneArena i know where to go to get it fix>
347. supadave (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Mar 2010)
I've broken my screen and orderd a replacement screen online and watched a tutorial on replacing it and performed the repair myself from home.
348. kreflo (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 May 2012)
haven't broken any yet, but id replace it myself.
349. joshrogers6 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I have not broken a screen on any of my phones I have owned, but water damage is another story! But if it ever does happen I now know about Worx thanks to phones arena and will go through them if such an unfortunate incident occurs! :-)
350. allymac7896 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Just once - fortunately, my insurance on my phone covered it and it was replaced by the service & repair at the store.
351. msspurlock (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Bought a bricked one and popped in the screen from it. Took an hour just to get the thing apart and back together again. Not worth it. NOT EVEN CLOSE.
352. swils117 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Yes and I just left it until it was time for me to get a new phone. Not very fun for an avid texter! haha
353. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I dropped my ipod touch (that counts as a phone i think) onto my driveway going to look at the snow. we bought an otterbox case and put some tape on it to fix it.
354. dc01201 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I have not broken the screen of my phone but i would probably have to deal with it if I did. Insurance isnt cheap
355. papajohn (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
fortunately i've never broken the screen on my phone. i treat all of my phones with care. If i did break it i would use duct tape to fix it :)