Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
239. AZWildcat80 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
i broke my evo screen by dropping it on the ground and i had another evo that the screen worked so i fixed it myself
240. Xarion (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have owned a Droid, two Droid 2's, a Droid 3, and currently own a Droid 4. That amounts to 4+ years with a smartphone. I do not use screen protectors or cases. Not once during that span of time did I so much as scratch a one of them. Two weeks ago, I was in Portland, OR for a week-long convention. Over in Portland, they have something called the "light rail". It's a great service that runs all over the city. My friends and I used it 100+ times during the seven-day stay. We arrived on Sunday. The following Saturday, after already having used the light rail 90 times, we got on again headed for the Rose Garden Arena. I was sitting in a corner seat, pushed up against the wall by the rather large gentleman sitting to my right. The light rail makes plenty of twists and turns, and is pretty bumpy. When we got down to the arena, I stood up and pulled out my Droid 4 to check for messages. The screen had a scratch running straight from the top of the phone to the bottom. I was in shock. When we were back in the hotel later that night, even though I knew it was an old legend and would NOT work, I spread toothpaste on the sceen. The next morning, as expected, it had done nothing. When I got home the following Sunday, I tried all sorts of class cleaners and buffers. All to no avail. I ended up having to order a new screen and replace it myself using a guide on Phandroid.
I ordered a case and screen protector that night.
241. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I have broken the screen on my phone and I had to have it replaced by the OEM. Ouch. In their defense, it was definitely my fault it was broken.
242. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I was getting out of the car once to open the gate and my phone was in my lap. As you can guess it fell out and right onto the path of the rear right tyre. When i realised my phone was missing i searched everywhere. Gave it a ring and i heard the tone! The screen was destroyed but the phone worked! Gave it to a repair shop and got it back the next day. It was a nokia 2600 classic. Still have it! :p
243. djgpark (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Never broken my screen and hoping I never do
244. lmfiechter (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I cracked one playing air hockey once. Had to replace the phone eventually.
246. 1ofdakoolkidz (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have never personally broken my screen, but I have seen others that have and usually it ends up in an insurance replacement or ebay phone.
247. Oakley1423 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen on my blackberry some time ago and Sprint replaced the screen for me. :)
249. DanD43 (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I have not broken my phone screen but i have broke my ipod touch screen. still works so i didn't replace it.
250. rusthawk (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yes, I've cracked my screen but not bad enough to replace it. Yet. You just know that's coming though ...
251. bigsimpd (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
I have never broken the screen on my phones phones are to expensive I take good care of mine. Now give me my Ipad lol.
252. jtmoney430 (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
If you want I can shatter my screen on my phone if I win this iPad. But no I have never broken my screen on anything (knock on wood).
253. Yeeee (Posts: 190; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
yes i broke my screen and I still have it and have not fixed it.
254. ian_garcia210 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yes I have broken a phone scree before. I had the iPhone 3G and when I was at the movies I dropped my phone right on the screen but I was in luck because I knew a guy who sells parts for cracked screen. So I got the parts and I looked up on YouTubeon how to replace cracked screens. It showed me all the steps so I followed every step it told me to do. So I did everything it told me and there my iPhone 3G was goo as new I hope I win this iPad so thank you and goodbye.
255. jamaladam (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I broke the screen to my Nokia and as I was trying to fix it, the screen came off and so I just gave up on it. Since then I got a blackberry and that is what I've bee using as my phone for the past 2 years, almost.
256. archeryhunter1993 (Posts: 17; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Yes I have. And the insurance got it replaced.
257. burkhardt1991 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I cracked the screen on my Droid Razr 2 days after the launch. It's kinda of sketchy but to have it fixed I walked into a Bestbuy store where I purchased the device and used my buddies phone then purchased their insurance and made a claim a couple days later with no deductable.
259. bmfv9968 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have only cracked one phones screen, and fortunately, the protective film I added for scratches kept everything working fine until I could replace the phone.
260. Christahoe (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Have you ever broken the screen of your phone and what did you do to fix it?
I have yet to break a screen, but if I had, I would utilize my insurance.
262. jbjr43 (Posts: 50; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Never had the misfortune of a broken screen. However I'm sure if I enter enough of these "Broken Screen" giveaways, I'll jinx myself right into a broken screen...
263. mbarron486 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Very first cell phone I had, an LG with a monotone screen, took a trip into the toilet. Screen never worked again but as that was before I did texting I didn't fix it.
264. luki1993 (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yes, I've broken a screen on my Motorola flip phone 6 years ago, i couldn't fix it, because the entire thing is broken
265. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Yes, I dropped my HTC Thunderbolt and ordered a OEM HTC Thunderbolt Digitizer Touch Panel from online and looked up a video on youtube on how to replace step by step. it works pretty good now.
266. jjjsong (Posts: 74; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
No, never broke any screen so never had to fix them.
267. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3092; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I just got out of my car, was walking into my house and my HTC Thunderbolt slipped out from my pocket and hit the carpet floor.
It actually cracked the screen and I kid you not. One of the weakest displays I have ever seen on a phone. My old iPhone 3G took many drops to the floor, including my Motorola Droid and Samsung Galaxy S2.
Never did they even scratch but it took one drop and the Thunderbolt was no more. Sure the screen still turned on and was usable but lets be honest, a cracked screen isn't pleasant to look at and most can't look past it! So I called Best Buy and it was under insurance and they replaced it for me.
268. SirHamm (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yes, I tried to fix it but ended up giving up before I got too far and couldn't put it back together and just got a replacement.
269. headset (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
Had some close calls. I was lucky - the screen survived.
270. cupcakehipster (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
I haven't broken the phone on my screen before, but I manage a store that specializes in repairing cracked screens on smart phones. I'm elbows deep in broken phone every day!
271. velfarreclubber (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Never broke the screen on any of my phones and hopefully not for this New iPad!!
272. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I sold it on ebay for parts and bought a new one of course! No use crying over spilt milk. The effort to fix it would be too difficult and nerve-racking! It's always a GOOD excuse to upgrade XD
273. SMoKeDoUt_J (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
My most recent evo I broke the screen and got a new phone through insurance
274. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10091; Member since: 14 May 2012)
My brother broke the screen on my GS3 and I still haven't fixed it.
If I do win the iPad, I'll give it to my parents as a little gift.
275. warriorbeats (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Yes i have broken a couple of screens, so has my wife, normally depending on the phone just order a replacement screen kit on ebay.
276. AlanB412 (Posts: 32; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Broke my G1 screen a while ago, fixed it with some YouTube and supplies from an online store. Still works great now :-)
277. xlr8now917 (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
I have broken the screen of my phone once. I used the warranty to replace the screen.
278. cpmBurst (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Broke my screen walking and texting (ran into wall... don't judge me :-)). Had to use insurance- $125 fee on top of the $6.99 fee per month that I'm already paying. That really stunk.
Samsung Captivate Glide
279. jdiamjr (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have never broken it (but feel I just jinxed myself!)
280. cman1721 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Have not broken a screen yet, but if I do any time soon, it's because of my entry in this contest.
282. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 220; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
When I had the old Windows Mobile phones I also had the Sprint Premium insurance and I would just go in to the store and get it replaced. One time I broke my HTC Touch Pro screen and, since they were discontinued, they gave me an HTC Touch Pro 2. Now that I have an iPhone my screen has broken just once and since I didn't purchase Apple Care I simply went to a local shop and they replaced the screen for less than half of what Apple was going to charge me.
283. Trainer (Posts: 23; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I've never broken my screen, but it's always a lingering concern in the back of my mind. As the phones get larger screens, and now tablets as well, the likelihood of a screen cracking or shattering grows. The ability to fix or replace a screen on these touch based devices would be a huge relief of stress. This is especially true considering how expensive these devices are, and how enormously dependent we've become on them.
284. veevans01 (Posts: 29; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
My screen is still broken and needs to be fixed on my phone.
285. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
Haven't ever broken my screen since I take care of my phones.
286. JGuinan007 (Posts: 661; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I broke myscreen and repaired it myself, when all was said and done I spent almost as much onthe repairs as it would have been to buy a new phone.
287. gaby1451 (Posts: 113; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm pretty safe with my iDevices. As such, none have been broken... I can still be in the giveaway though yes? :D
288. borgunit (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Well I actually ran over it with my car. It still worked even though the screen was cracked (one of those military phones - woohoo) and since renewal time was near, I waited and renewed my contract and got another phone.
289. jbakes6996 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yes I broke my old Samsung Moment's screen (seems like a dinosaur compared to the Android phones of today) and had Sprint fix it for me. Yeah, it cost some money but the touch screen is vital to the phone. Soon after, I switched to a BlackBerry.. I wouldn't necessarily call it an upgrade!
How did I break it? Simple. I was walking out the mall, on the phone (but paying attention!) and I was pushed by a small child while he was running into the mall. I dropped my phone from about my ear height (5'11'') and the screen cracked in the upper right-hand corner. To his parent' delight, I did become overly frustrated or anything. It was just one of those 'life goes on' moments. HAHA "Moment." No pun intended.
The crack didn't make the phone obsolete but it was annoying enough that I HAD to get it fixed. ...and that's my story :D
290. shnibz (Posts: 210; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Never on my phone! (Knock on wood) but I broke the screen in my 4th Gen Ipod touch while GROCERY SHOPPING!?!? It is not fixed :(
291. Mongre (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Dec 2010)
I've broken my Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) after asking a girl to go to prom with me. I guess I was excited enough to drop my phone, which is rare. I ordered a replacement screen from eBay and tried to do it myself, but did something wrong and broke the phone :(
293. CWBAlfredo (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
One time my friend, jokester that he is, took my phone and looked up a picture of broken glass which he then to a screenshot of and saved it as my lock screen background. Boy was I in for a scare on that one!
294. ohsmiledarling (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I've never broken the screen of a phone! Which is surprising because I'm a huge klutz!
295. taunjaswenson (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
No I have never cracked my phone screen. From the moment I have purchased my many cell phones and smart phones, I purchased a case to protect it from being damaged. I also always buy insurance on my phones just in case.