Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
178. Onexx (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
2 years ago I broke the screen on my revolutionary Palm Pre, good thing I had insurance and Sprint replaced it, but I lost all my naughty photos =S (50+) YOLO
179. McFrost69 (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
No, I have never broken the screen of any of my smart phones. However, I did use the first one (a Pocket PC made by HTC) for so long that individual pixels began to fail.
180. khanrehan99 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Just broken my screen a few weeks ago, havent done anything to fix it yet.
181. bewilsonjr (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
broke my iphone screen, brought it to a mall kiosk to fix, worked perfect.
182. scuba447 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Never have and hopefully never will. I prefer to take care of my stuff instead of paying an arm and a leg to fix it.
183. mpopal (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I broke an iPhone which I got repaired at a mall stand. I have not broken my iPad yet but have square trade on it
184. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
No, I've never broken my phone screen, but ive scratched it a lot.
185. travis.br (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I broke my iphone and I ended up purchasing a replacement screen and fixing it myself.
186. adamhaber (unregistered)
literally just dropped my iphone about a half hour ago on my way to the bank to deposit my student loan check (finally, we got it)! ill probably have to use my applecare replacement.
187. MagicTaco (Posts: 11; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Broke the screen on my iPhone 4 and took it to the apple store to be repaired. Almost ordered the parts but a laziness factor kicked in.
188. Dj_smith (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yes I have & I used tooth paste to fill in the cracks which suprisingly worked !
189. falconsndawgs (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Having broken the tsp / digitizer to my HTC EVO 4G numerous times I have come accustom to replacing the tsp / digitizer myself. Simply going online to amazon or ebay and finding a replacement then waiting for it to come in the mail. Once I have it in my hands I have gotten my time down to under 15 minutes in taking the shattered tsp / digitizer off and the new tsp / digitizer on and the device fully reassembled. It really doesn't bother me much now when that moment does happen, its more of a, "oh well" situation now other than a, "OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW!!!!" situation like it was the first time it happened.
190. thekaica (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
No, I am fortunate to not have broken the screen (knock on wood).
192. deventure (Posts: 25; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
never broken a screen and hopefully never do!
193. cpark031 (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I cracked the screen on my phone but told everyone it was an app to make it look like it was cracked
194. zyndel (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Hasn't happened to me (yet) *knocks on wood*
196. Brewski (Posts: 282; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
I'm pretty careful with my phones so no, I've never broken a screen before. If I did I would probably send it in (If it was a new enough/cool enough phone) otherwise, I would tough it out until my contract was over and get a new one.
P.S. If I have insurance on the phone, wouldn't that be covered?
197. CelluJoe (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
No, I've never broken my phone screen before. I would like to win a new iPad though.
198. alishanfi (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Jun 2008)
yup :) . I broke it and got it fixed by ADH (bestbuy accidental insurance plan)
199. joeym2 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Dec 2009)
Found the replacement parts on ebay, ordered it, and fixed it myself on my Thunderbolt
200. Gingershnaps (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I've never broken the screen of my phone. I've only had "feature phones" though which are a lot more rugged, otherwise I'd have broken the screen ages ago!
201. famouslyanonymous (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I have broken the screen on my phone and I replaced the phone. It was a Blackberry Pearl haha! Got an iPhone instead! WIN!
202. celtaloka (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
never had a smart phone, hence never broke a screen
203. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Havent broken a screen on a smartphone, but on my old feature phone I did. I didnt fix it myself, I just got a refurbished one since it was insured.
204. court171 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I cracked the screen on my iPhone and I took it to UNREAKIFIX, WAS FIXED IN A COUPLE OF HOURS :-)
206. GeekMovement (Posts: 2134; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Never have broken a screen because I always take good care of my devices. Always buy screen protectors and/or cases. It would be a nightmare for my device to drop and have the screen cracked!
207. savien808 (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Aug 2011)
Unfortunately, I've broken the screen to my mytouch 3g slide. T mobile was so helpful as to provide me a new one quickly!
208. Troysyx (Posts: 175; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
When i had my first phone (The original, G1) i dropped it only a month after i had it cracking the screen down the middle. I decided to put a case on it to protect it further. A week after that, my niece was playing with it and dropped it on the kitchen floor adding another crack. I figured that had to be the last that would happen so i was just more careful. 6 months later, it fell out of my side pocket on my d**kie shorts and made what looked like a spiderweb on the screen. After that i recycled it and bought a G2X....( i got insurance on my phones from then on)
209. joemama4646 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I've never had the "fortunate" opportunity of breaking my screen and/or having to replace one. I do, however, would replace an iPhone 4s front/rear glass cover to the blue color for fun though...
210. rmolina2212 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I ordered a screen and lcd from amazon and tried to youtube it. Ended up messing up my iphone even more than had to pay even more to get it fixed!
211. Ridzblake (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Yes I did. Luckily I was upgrade-eligible and got a new phone anyways!
212. cafe421 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Never had to (Crossing fingers).... But if i did, I'd at least try to replace myself and hopefully no FUBAR incidents occur.
213. lovehinat (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Yes, I bought a screen replacment , took apart my phone and put in a new screen.
214. jcanderson47 (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
no i have not but my wife has (twice) and i fixed digitizer and LCD first time and just the digitizer the second time. I did it myself ordered parts from eBay and watched a couple youtube vids and voila! she still has phone to this day.
iPhone 3GS white
216. Roofer11 (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
As of this date and time...I've not broken a screen however, with a new iPhone...I'm a-bit more concerned. I hear they are a little more fragile than my previous Droid phones...does anybody concur?
217. notyou (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Had a friend at work replace the screen. Luckily it was a Palm Centro and I worked for Palm.
218. Whateverman (Posts: 3250; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Never broken a screen on a phone. The fix: an ounce of prevention. TPU cases are the best!!!
220. marcd23 (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I've never had a broken screen i use screen protector and i usually put insurance on my electronic devices so just in case anything of that sort happens it would get repaired/replaced.
221. randeepsamra (Posts: 29; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Nope. . . Never broke my phone screen
223. johnnybe (Posts: 23; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Yes and I used duct tape to fix. Only problem is I couldn't read the screen!!
224. chris_21 (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I dropped my phone on a tile floor. As it fell out of my hands I attempted catching it but all I ended up doing was slapping it down on to the floor making it fall faster. It landed face down and by hearing the impact I knew the screen was done for. I picked it up and the screen was completely shattered, I couldn't use the screen for anything. Luckily I had insurance so I didn't have to much of an issue getting it replaced.
225. airstream25 (Posts: 28; Member since: 18 Jun 2011)
Yes. Took phone to a repair shop and had a replacement screen installed.
226. robpasell (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have only broken one screen on a personal phone. I drove 10 miles with it on top of my truck before it fell off and smashed on my driveway when I got home. Fortunately my insurance covered it.
I have replaced hundreds of screens at work though. Mostly on Blackberry's. Most devices are pretty easy to repair.
227. wdtracy (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
When I broke my screen, I replaced my phone.
228. ksour (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
i never broke the screen, and i hope it never happens
229. plantman60 (Posts: 20; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I've had so many smartphones over the years, and have never broken a single one of them--I still have my xv6600 from 2002, and it still works great.
230. kaye1023 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I have broken my screen on an Samsung Galaxy II, I know people who know peolpe who know people that fix it for me. Its good to know low people in high places, lol
233. Dozmancometh (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
My screen cracked on my orginal Droid after falling off my lap while rushing to get out of my car. I bought a replacement kit from a seller on ebay and repaired it myself.
234. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
I broke the Screen on my old env Touch. I got it replaced through asurion, not worth the 90 bucks.
235. belovedson (Posts: 974; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
ordered a new screen from ebay and followed the instructions on ifixit
236. dwillis (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I broke my EVO screen twice in one month and thanks to Best Buy insurance got it fixed free of charge. The hardest part was having to use an LG Rumor for a couple of weeks.
237. mobilefuture (Posts: 214; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Its articles like these where you find users that you didn't know existed because they only comment on these types of posts... *Sigh*