Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
118. kaleighc (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
My iPhone 3GS took a tumble, and is cracked at the side. Luckily it doesn't affect the touch screen, just unsightly. In fact, a part of it must've chipped off. Oh well, contract is up in October, then I'll get the iPhone 5.
119. megadirk (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Yes, broke a 3Gs screen and then sold it with the broken screen, did nothing to fix it.
120. RoTheChamp (Posts: 16; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
No I have never cracked a screen on any device.
121. danygandhi (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
I broke the glass on my iphone 3g 3 years back,I usedwww.missionrepair.com , they provide a similar service to what radioshack provides. I think i paid 117$ including one day shipping. They did an excellent job, i recommended them to some of my friends too.
122. tbritt (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Luckily I've never broken a screen. But I have replaced a couple for family members.
123. jalva30 (Posts: 14; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I broke my screen on my iPhone 4 and I use WERX to fix it. It was fast and easy!! My android tablet is broke and my gfs iPhone 4s so we need to get them fixed!!
124. tech-blast (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I always kept my gadgets with care, even my wife tells me that those are my sweet hearts. :)
125. iCandy (Posts: 46; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I have never broken a smartphone screen. Oh please baby please...
126. d2010fos (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
i ordered a screen replace kit and watched how to replace it on youtube
127. smak425 (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of my first phone, fortunately I didn't repair because its old
128. teacheraec (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have never broken a screen on my phone, but if I did there are some local people who fix them for about $50, so I would probably call them.
129. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I have never broken my screen so I've been lucky.
Ps I've proven to be Apple's biggest fan so I deserve to win this.
130. bangkokbobby (Posts: 9; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
I haven't broken the glass on my smartphone. I don't use a bumper or any kind of case...I just treat and handle my phone like it's my precious, little baby...which it is! :)
131. ThaMan3210 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I have never broke the screen of my phone.
132. Planterz (Posts: 1345; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I broke the screen on my old Xperia A by throwing it at the wall after switching to Verizon. The phone was was an insurance replacement for an SE 910A with a sligly cracked screen.
133. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
No. I have never broken the screen on any of my phones.
134. torr310 (Posts: 510; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
No, I have not broken the screen. But if I did, I will probably get a new one instead of fixing it.
135. Willbill124 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Well i unscrewed the screen off then screwed the screen off of my other phone and put it on the new phone. It was the simple works like a charm.
136. xXMAKESHIFTXx (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen to my phone and let's just say I no longer gave that phone anymore :-(
137. dsawxeceopn (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of my very first phone in highschool. It was in my pocket and I was rolling around and must have hit it against something. There was really no way to fix it and the phone needed to be replaced. Lukily it was just a Trac Phone and could easily be replaced by a new phone from Wal-Mart.
138. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I've never broken a screen on my phones yet... hope it never happens either.
139. pokergator18 (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
mscrrescrren broke bad i had to take all the glass off
141. joseg81 (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
yea a long time ago. it was replaced under warranty.
145. BladePXE (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
I dropped my HTC EVO 4G on the sidewalk in NYC, the phone fell straight on the screen and the screen cracked all over. This happened when a person running down the street slammed into my arm, which was holding the phone. I sent the phone in through insurance and received a brand new unit in 2 days. It was actually pretty easy and fast, but now i am always looking out for people when i hold my cell phone out on the street.
146. mchoudhary117 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I have never broken a screen on my phone; however, I did break my sister's screen on her HTC Rezound by accident. Luckily she had an upgrade on her account so I got her a new phone and paid for it. We ended up selling the cracked phone online!
147. Androidey (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I broke my phones screen but got it replaced by finding a bricked phone (in my case Galaxy gio) and got it transplanted LOL... funny but true :)
148. Jamus (Posts: 30; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
I have never broken a screen, but if I do so in the future I will use my Geek Squad protection plan to have it replaced with NO DEDUCTIBLE or additional cost! Hoooah!
149. badfishie (Posts: 13; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have never broke my screen but my kids have I had to replace the phone...
150. beryleo (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Never broken a screen. Always used cases, and am not clumsy.
151. requiem (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
broke my galaxy s screen, sent it into to the carrier, and they resent a new one to me
153. thavet (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Yes I broke my mytouch 4g screen. I dropped it walking down a flight of stairs shattered the screen and the clear plastic hard case. I purchased a replacement screen kit off of amazon and followed the steps on youtube. Ive also replaced a friends iphone 3gs screen and camera sensor.
154. JimmyPop (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I have been very lucky, in never having broken my screen, but I always carry the carrier insurance, just in case...
156. Samot9 (Posts: 18; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
i haven't broke a phone screen but i did brake a psp screen.
To six it i bought a new one off amazon and replaced it myself.
158. joemike80 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
yeah, i broke the screen on my phone once. i just traveled back in time and stopped myself from breaking it. wish i had heard of that werx before i did though. then i would've used my one trip back in time to like stop hitler or yoko or invest in apple or something. stupid broken screen. sucks.
159. dman72 (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
yes. and i just went to apple and paid for it to get replaced.
160. baza58 (Posts: 19; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have never broken a screen on any of my devices. Hopefully I will never do.
161. Allister (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
I haven broken phone but never had the tools to fix them.
162. PaulNotFromSweden (Posts: 53; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Yes, I've broken a screen. I used another SII (dead but with a good screen) and swapped the screens.
163. mexico9876 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
my iphone screen broke so i took it t local tech shop and they fixed it
164. ajaye999 (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Never had a smartphone with a glass screen. Where I work there are plenty of iPhones though. We found a certified repairman who made the devices look like new. Once saved $400 bucks versus the Apple store.
165. New_Enthusiast (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I broke the screen on my BlackBerry Storm and I just got a new one through my insurance. I also broke an iPod touch a long time ago and tried to fix that myself. Was going good until the LCD cracked and I got pissed and gave up. Was going to use a replacement kit like this Worx thing though
166. trayes77 (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Never broke a screen yet, knock on wood. I do everything I can to prevent that from happening. I strap a case onto everything!
167. blowfish (Posts: 10; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
No, I have never broken my screen. I guess I'm careful.
168. bstepchin (Posts: 20; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
Never broke a screen so far. Always keep my phones in a sturdy case and screen protector from day one to avoid such mishaps.
169. dreign91 (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 May 2012)
ive never been unfortunate enough to break the screen of any of my phones but i have replaced screens for a couple of my friends
170. 2112jc (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
Have been lucky enough to never broken a screen, but my wife has broken her share of them.
171. ohdbee (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Luckily I have never broken my screen, but I have dropped my phone plenty of times.
172. danielj731 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
yes i have broken my screen by shutting my car door on it. Very tragic! I went to a service center near my house, after market one and ended up paying 250 dollars to get the screen on my iphone replaced!!!!!!!!!! better believe that thing is in a case now!!!!
173. cbusnoles (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yes I have, HTC Vivid...and sold it as is on ebay to a fella from Russia...
175. Sakmann67 (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 May 2010)
I was drunk on St. Patrick's Day, and my old phone fell out of my pocket and I stepped on it. Damn Corned Beef and Green Beer!
176. F07-Chris (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have never broken a screen fortunately. I think I loose my chance to win ;)