Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
57. epiclain (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I've never broken my screen before, but that's mostly because I am really paranoid about breaking it..
and now I'm sure I've jinxed myself.
But I'd really like a new iPad :)
I can bribe you with baked goods.
58. ENG618 (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Nope, I've never broken a screen (luckily)...I've had quite a few drops that only produced dents and dings...No cracked screens!!
59. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
Nope, never broken any of my devices screens :)
60. aadadams (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
By proxy... My wife has killed a great many phone screens mostly the ones that had resistive screens not todays capacitive screens. Each time we went to the manufacturer and each time we spent well over $200 for the repair. Sadly, we were out of warranty, but not eligible for upgrades. This service would be greatly appreciated going forward as I have a feeling I'm pretty likely to use it, I'll be monitoring until my wife produces her next victim.
61. ssanders2k7 (Posts: 17; Member since: 25 Feb 2010)
Yes, I have and I ordered a replacement display on eBay and a tool kit and replaced it myself.
62. Cugino2007 (Posts: 8; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
I've cracked about 5 screens in about the last year alone. My most recent cracked screen happened a few weeks ago. I tried to replace it myself with parts bought off ebay but I ended up doing more damage than good as I am not good with my hands. Found a local repair shop and it took about 3 hours in rush hour traffic in Chicago to get there. They replaced the screen and fixed the internals that I messed up as well, but it was a little expensive, about $130 plus I lost another $25 on parts I bought from Ebay. Having the Radio Shack replacement would have been nice because I always have spare phones I can put on my account for a few days and I never would have had to leave my house to get my phone fixed.
63. Fredster (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I purchased a replacement screen on ebay and switched it out.
65. tvsian (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I've been lucky so far with phones, thanks to using heavy duty cases. In the pre-smartphone days, I did manage to shatter the screen on a Viewsonic PocketPC PDA (keys + phone in the same pocket don't mix), and it turned out buying a new one was cheaper than fixing the old one.
67. gixxerrider311 (Posts: 25; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Never cracked a screen on any of my devices, I take care of them. Thanks for the giveaway!
68. biophone (Posts: 1898; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I find it funny how these post always get more comments them normal ones :D.
Well who could blame us. Anyway phone arena please don't give this phone away to an Android user! They will just sell it. The iPad should go to someone who will enjoy it. To answer the question I haven't broke the screen on my iPhone because I put a case on it. It does effect its beauty though and I would prefer not to have to use it. Anyway back to my story as I left my phone on my brothers bed and he sat on the thing and cracked its screen. I didn't fix it I got a new phone instead since it was cheaper to do that then to fix the screen. I also cracked the outside of my old flip phone but I actually didn't mind and thought it made it look rugged. I didn't fix that either. I usually try taking this apart and fix it myself before I got into iproducts but now it just doesn't pay.
70. flescobarp (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
yes i broke once the screen, but my carrier offers an insurance which covered the issue and voilá, they gave me a new one.
71. jamartymar (Posts: 6; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Yes I've broken a few screens and theres a local store here in Birmingham, AL where Ihad them replaced.....
73. swchrisc (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I didn't break my iPhone's screen but my friend did on his, and had asked me to replace it for him. I used a pentalobe screwdriver, a flat head, nylon wedges, and a small pocket knife. Replacing the front screen was somewhat challenging as I basically had to disassemble the entire phone. It didn't take long though, took about 15 minutes to replace the screen. I pray that everyone is not unfortunate to ever crack or break the front screen, iPhone or not.
74. shaneman150 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I dropped my iPhone and cracked the screen.
I went to the apple store, and they replaced it for me. Twas pretty cool.
81. biophone (Posts: 1898; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Apple store used to be really nice about those kind of things but now with their new warrenty which will cover damage if you don't have that plan they won't replace it. My lock button broke I wen't to the apple store and they wanted way to much. 99 dollars for a cracked screen is actually a good price if you crack up your screen. The iPad at 199 may be a bit much though but probably better then anything else your going to find. If anyone goes on imore cracked screen is one of the more common damages and even with a case its pretty easy to do. They were drop testing a phone with a case on and the screen cracked. Front side drops are the easiest way to crack your phone up because the only thing protecting it even with a case on is the lip of your case. The case manufacture actually replied to imore saying that.
75. CHILLERLC1 (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
When my phone screen cracked I was lucky my brother had the same exact phone. When he upgraded his phone I bought it off him and it looked much more new than mine.
77. grajasekar (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Never ever broken my screen on my phone (or laptop or tablet) before. I'm extra paranoid so I put a screen protector on it and slap a thick case on it too. Hopefully won't break a screen ever *touchwood*
78. BoundaryLayer (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have dropped my phone many times, but have been fortunate that the display has never cracked. Although if the display had been damaged, I would have obtained the replacement parts and repaired it myself.
82. biophone (Posts: 1898; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Thanks for the giveaway phone arena I'm sure the readership appreciates it. I certainly do.
83. sctwinslow (Posts: 10; Member since: 06 Apr 2010)
Didnt actually crack the screen but scratched it all up dropping it in the gravel. Thank goodness for insurance.
84. saltydog15 (Posts: 11; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
i cracked my ally and used clear nail polish and a screen protector to fix it until my upgrade
85. iggypop04 (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
I Have Had my screen broKen b4 and thank my lucky stars I work for a repair center and I was able to replace the screen with Sapir parts we have. Cuz I wouldn't have the money for a new phone....... I still have the original HTC EVO 4G from Sprint..... Hint hint wouldn't mind the new iPad ;)
87. jcnbachan (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
never broken screen before, if did, then i would you use werx.
88. Volsfan81 (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I've only broken the screen to a device once and it was on my Palm Treo 600 and I left it on top of my car. I called the insurance and I got a refurb. I would love a new ipad and the security blanket of the free screen repair.
89. Steve.G (Posts: 8; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I've never broken a screen, but I've fixed a few of them.
90. AFnerdTP (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 May 2012)
yes. the first time, i replaced it with my insurance. this time, i'm STILL using it, waiting for an upgrade...
91. sina63 (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
No I have not broke my cellphone screen before. I take care of it very well.
92. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I had one screen on my old phone break while someone else was using it and I attempted to fix it on my own and failed. Good thing that radioshack offers a reasonable priced replacement now.
93. Commentator (Posts: 2613; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I broke my OG Evo's screen but just waited until my upgrade to replace it.
94. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
I have broken the screen on my old Droid INcredible and my OG iPad. Replaced them both after ordering parts online. COuld use a new iPad though. The OG is starting to slow down.
96. sc5sdanny (Posts: 9; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I cracked the screen on my lg esteem on metro pcs and don't want to fix it cause the galaxy s3 is coming.
97. ian01 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
No (thankfully). But if I did, I would be sending it in to Werx.
98. jarondbrown (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have never broken an ipad screen and I have owned all three of them.
99. rptx77 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I have been fortunate enough to have never broken the screen of my phone.
100. nwright94 (unregistered)
I broke the screen on my htc aria and I just used insurance to get a replacement.
101. ph00ny (Posts: 621; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Haven't broken my phone screens yet (*knocks on wood*) and i haven't replaced any screens yet
102. suricool (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
My iPhones screen cracked and I didn't fix it
103. tywanjames (Posts: 20; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
yes I have and I used insurance to get a new phone
105. newuser1 (Posts: 124; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
I have never broken my phone screen. I hope it will not hapen in the future.
106. jmonteiro829 (Posts: 116; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
A few phones have had cracked screens... I've gotten good at replacing them myself.
108. KrNpRiDe (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I never broke my screen and hope never to break it.
109. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
Yeah, it sucked. Tried to call someone and ended up calling this girl I tried hooking up with instead. Twice. I thought I could navigate my phonebook blind. Apparently not. Had to send it in and wait 2 weeks for the screen to get replaced. Wish I could've done it myself.
110. ptothetan (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
It hasn't broken yet. I hope I never have to go down that road!
111. forestskier (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
No I have never broke my screen on the cellphone.
112. tpbklake (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
No, I have never broken a screen on any of the smart phones I have owned.
113. Techsword (Posts: 31; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Yes I have broken a screen, and I have never fixed them, only used expensive insurence.
114. azndemon0059 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I've never broke the screen of my smartphone before.
115. iAntwan (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Cracked the screen of my HTC Aria before I upgrade,and got it fixed with Best Buy's Geek Squad Black Tie Protection Program :-) lasted me until my upgrade to my iPhone
116. robertlwalters (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Luckily I have not broken my screen before. Did take my phone into a lake however.