Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
298. dmazr (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
my phone is currently busted. I stopped carrying it for now, its kind of nice being detached.
299. pudgypanda3 (Posts: 17; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
No I haven't broken my screen yet but I am sure it will happen in the future
300. Claudster (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
No I have never broken my screen on my phone, but if I did I would freak out and instinctively buy a new one
301. vzakit (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
When ever a screen is broken i just talk to the insurance company, but I didn't realize there was anything like the Werx system. That is a lot cheaper and I wish I would have known about this earlier. I have to check out the website to find out if they handle tablets also.
302. rbjrocks (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Yeah I broke of my phone once. and I had got it replaced by werx and they replaced it without any trouble for me.. I like werx for their service and I will always be their trust worthy customer
304. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I took my old phone to a electronics repair shop and they replaced the screen for about $80 only to find out that they swapped out the buttons.
305. huypaulha94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Yes I have, but I didn't get it fixed.
306. Manideepreddy (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Noo... I never broke my phones screen.. So never had to fix it.!
308. KurtDawg (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
No I haven't broken my screen before. I guess I have been extremely lucky so far. I would probably be heart broken if I cracked my screen on my brand new phone or tablet.
309. jsantiago272 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Luckily I haven't break the screen of my iPhone. Woooohoooo!!!!
310. slickric620 (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Broke the screen of an HTC Droid Eris. I simply used Scotch Tape (yes that is correct, Scotch Tape) for about a week until I could upgrade. :)
311. hrrsncrawford786 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
In the past, I have broken my phone's screen and went to amazon.com to find a replacement screen, where I replaced it myself.
312. mchoi0125 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
no i never broke it. hopefully i won't!!!
313. eshney (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
No, I'venever broken a screen. But if that was to happen, I'd just buy one of those replacement kits and fix iy myself. Or move on to another phone.
314. aboveaverage12 (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Never broke the screen to any phone
315. vivektech (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i broke the screen of my phone using screen breaker theme and then fixed the phone back by changing the theme :-)
316. vivektech (Posts: 2; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
breaking the screen shows disrespect towards our phone.... so guys plz don't try this unless u hv a thick pocket
317. 19and6 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
A friend gave me an iPhone 3gs with cracked glass, and I fixed it with an 8 dollar shopping trip to amazon and watching a 20 minute Youtube video.
318. andyboi_ph (Posts: 101; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
once i dropped my nokia 6680 (it was year 2005 and yes it is considered cool gadget back then) and the poor thing split into three parts - the battery, the screen and the body. Naturally I was mortified! I reacted as if I dropped something so prescious back then. It was never restored and I have it replaced with a new one.
319. fistigons (Posts: 336; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I smashed my ipad screen a year ago. I bought a replacement screen on ebay for $40 and tried to replace it myself. That did not go as planned. So instead of sending it to apple I took it to a local tech store who specializes in smart phone repairs. They were able to repair my ipad for $50. Works like a charm still.
320. perk2 (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Yes I broke the screen on my phone then I sent it back to Verizon. Then I broke the screen on my iPod, then I had to send it back to musicianfriends. Then my brother dropped my iPad and now the screen is cracked, but I would love to have the retina display iPad and be sure to not let that one get broken.
321. krishelnino (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I had an iPhone 4S 16GB (black) and once i dropped it accidentally onto a tarmac from about 5ft high. Not surprisingly the whole front glass was shattered into many pieces. Luckily though the back glass remained intact. Instead of taking it to the Apple store, i decided to work it out myself. A little bit of research on Google and i found many replacement kits as a set of LCD+touch screen digitizer+cover(covers available in various colors :D). Finally ordered one such kit including the necessary tools on eBay for around 50$ and got it delivered in a week. Meanwhile, i watched various tutorials and do-Hows on YouTube. After watching many videos for dozens of times, i was pretty familiar with what to do. Finally, it took me 2 hours to carefully disassemble and replace the screen. I somehow managed to fit it back perfectly without any niggles. And whoaa, the iPhone was as good and functional as it was before. Its been 4 months since that and till now i haven't faced any problems.
These helped me a lot
Phone doctors -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
322. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Never had a screen shatter -- I had a Zagg screen and a case to keep my phone safe.
323. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I recommend my friends have a buddy fix it, i've been lucky enough to never break a screen.
324. sergio911 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of my old iPhone 2G i waited 2 Years to fix it
325. mformarcee (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
I broke the top left edge of the screen of my Samsung Galaxy S, but it's nothing serious, no need to repair.
326. mikelintn (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I have never broken my phone's screen. If I did, I would replace the phone with a new one.
327. wazzaws (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I've had a couple close calls..... But I've never cracked a screen