Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
601. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Having worked selling phones for four years, I have seen more broken phone screens than I can count. However, I am a bit OCD, and can not stand owning a phone that does not have a screen protector and case on it. My gorgeous Razr MAXX has a snap on hard case and a screen guard on, and has since the day I bought it. I have insurance, but it's so much easier to not break the screen in the first place. :o)
602. tigggerrain (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
yes i have had it for over a year and then use my phone insurance
603. okiwa002 (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 May 2011)
My Samsung Intercept frustrated me so badly, I threw it down. I used my girlfriend's clear nail polish, sanding off the excess. Worked good as new until I recently replaced that with the GSIII!
604. xdeanda4 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
Yes i broke it all and i sold it and got a new iphone and then my new iphone has a cracked back plate but i have it like that
605. ashb22 (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
I once ran a Razr through a washing machine, but I've never broken a screen on a phone or tablet.
606. lvnnyates (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
Yes I have broken the screen on my phone. We used the insurance to get it replaced. Then a few months later upgraded and got a newer phone!
607. squidsr62 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
Yes, bought a new one on Ebay and replaced it myself.
608. KurtDog (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
I have been lucky so far, no broken screens yet. Knock on wood :)
609. mas1205 (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Jul 2010)
I broke my screen once, but thankfully I was able to convince Verizon to move my upgrade date up by a month so I could get a new phone. Gotta love big red!!!
611. iSometimes (Posts: 47; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
Broke an iPhone 4 screen while trying to replace it due to water damage. Somehow the water got between the digitizer and the LCD. Had to order a new one and fixed it :)
612. numatj (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
I wanted to go to the restroom but i wanted my sisters iphone, luckily she was asleep so i took it with out her noticing and then i went to the restroom, i was watching videos but then i kind of lost balance of the iphone and dropped it, i was really scared:( but my sister was asleep so i just got the iphone and put it beside her. So i went to the living room with my family and acted normal, then next morning my sister wakes up and tells everybody she crushed her phone while sleeping nobody believe because thats impossible but i convinced everybody that it could happen, so she said she was goin to paid for the repair and she did i didnt pay anything. But it was a scarry moment for me!
613. Ren2012 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
I have not broken my phone screen... If I did break my phone screen I would probably get the Werx screen replacement service... Werx service sound like a good thing to get for electronic devices. Its easy to buy a replacement screen for your electronic device on Amazon. I really want this ipad...
614. rafaelian2004 (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I am lucky - no brocken screen so far...
615. armoleo (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Never broken my phones screen, however, once replaced screen of my niece.
616. mmini1 (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
I had broken my blackberry storm screen, so I put a slightly thicker piece of paper between the battery and the phone and a piece of packing tape over the screen and it held up for a while.
617. cmacarlos (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Almost broke the screen ,saved by the screen protector and case .
Never skimp on the protective accessories for the phone.
618. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Left my Razr Maxx in the pocket of my shorts on the bathroom floor. Stepped on my shorts getting out the shower, heard an dreaded crunch sound and found out that crunch was indeed my screen. Could not track down a replacement screen in stock at that time, was scolded like a 10 year old by the Mrs's, and am still paying off my replacement Maxx I got on ebay.
619. bryant (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Broken my screen once but got it replaced. Once that phone was replaced and broke it again I used the insurance. As of right now my replacement phone has fallen again and has a small crack at the edge. Delicate smartphones nowadays.
621. Ja_Rumer (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Yeah I broke the screen on my Iphone 4 and used a criagslist repair service and paid 50 bucks lolol
622. y2chris (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
I am super careful so I have not broken my phone screen. But almost everyone I know with an iPhone has. :O
623. mamonroe0 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Yes, and I gave a call to my good friends at Asurion.
624. swetaiitd (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
I always keep my smartphone in ruggedized case...there is not a chance that anything will ever happen to its screen.
My precious :D
625. LizzyW (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
no I have not broken my screen yet but I drop my phone all the time so I am sure it will happen someday
626. cs0468 (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
My daughter had her screen on her itouch break and we took it to apple for a replacement.
627. criddar (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
Yes, I broke my iPhone 3gs screen and thought I could fix it myself. I ended up with a new screen, but the phone didn't work anymore. Not a DIY job, at least for me anyways.
628. StockROM (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
I never break my screen, so I don't have to do anything. But, my Moto A630's screen break down and I ended up buying a new phone.
630. Tacticaltomato (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I broke my OG droid last year and a the whole front screen was fractured real bad, just a ton of spider cracks. the top left corner of the glass started to come off so i used plain ol' clear tape on top of the screen to keep the rest of the pieces from falling off. Amazingly, i was still able to use the touch screen on the phone somewhat normally for another few weeks until i was able to get it replaced through insurance.
631. makeetis (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
Yes I have broken my cell phone screen but it was around my birthday so my hubby bought me a new one and I gave the old one to a friend of his but I don't know if he fixed it or not. Was not a touch screen so it didn't really effect it to much.
632. gscottie2003 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
i had the samsung captivate and i put clear fingernail polish on each end of the crack to stop it from spreading then took a screen protector to keep it in place until i got the atrix 2.....lol hey dont judge me...
633. rtkuhn (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Never have broken a screen, fingers crossed.
636. futureray (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I have never broke a screen, however my sister has broken here iPhone digitizer. She order a replacement from Ebay. Me never have done this before then broke the screen in the process. (though I think it was already cracked I just made it worse). And again order from Ebay seller in China for a complete screen with digitizer. Took no time at all to replace.
637. PDPA (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 May 2010)
Actually, I have broken several screens over the years. I should probably get one of the better screen protectors since I have such a poor record! LOL
638. sd.talley (Posts: 2; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I broke both the front and back screen on my flip phone from too many unscheduled appointments with the floor. My fix? Buying an identical one and switching out the mainboard (CDMA phone).
641. michaelny2001 (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
This will be pretty awesome!! Can't wait for the next generation!