Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
538. mwhaleawesome (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Once I was holding my sisters phone and she told me to call our mom, so I was in the process of finding her in contacts.then my 4 year hold cousin came running around and ran straight into me!!! The phone. Flew out of my and landed on the cement driveway! I was afraid to look at it and waited till she got back, she looked at me then her phone and went to pick it up..... The screen of her iPhone was COMPLETELY SHATTERED!!!! I felt so bad:( so I went online and bought a replacement screen that was pink on the bezel and replaced it during the night. She didn't even say thank you but she didn't tell our parents, so I think we are finally even! Yay
539. AdamW33 (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)
Nope never broken a scene. Not sure what I would do.
541. johninfl (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I have not broken any of my Idevices, but I do use the wrex screenprotecters.
542. maimun (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I broke my screen on my blackberry, so i took that thing apart and put a new one on
545. NorCal_Instructor (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
When I broke it, I took it to a local shop and spent $200 to replace the screen.
546. mbsnoopy (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Have you ever broken the screen of your phone and what did you do to fix it?
I have never broke my screen. I know 3 people who have and they all had to get new phones.
547. Rangoon (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I have not broken a screen on a phone... yet. If I did I'd probably just get a replacement off eBay or something.
548. WhitePois0n (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Yes, it was not a very good sight. It was a regular day after work. Ok so my phone is a samsung with the slippery back. And as i sit half way in my car the phone slips out on to the ground. I didnt notice so i pull out of the parking lot with windows down. Then add you would expect I heart crackling and crunching. So I jump out of the car to find the thing in many pieces. I brought it home to see it with little chance of survival, the battery is demolished. The screen is cracked in to many pieces and the shell was snapped three ways. I brought it to the store and the said it was broken beyond repair.
Thats my story.
549. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
I've never shattered my screen on my sensation, iPad, or transformer pad.
552. coochang77 (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
yes I have, I had to buy a new phone! it would have been nice to have just the screen replaced!
553. mannasgi (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
iPhone screen cracked decided to fix it but it ended up being a frankenstein repair. I took the screen of my iphone 3gs and attached it to the iphone 4 with some clever rewiring, then used electrical tape and wrapped the border. It worked for a day before it fell apart at the gym. Brought the thing to a local repair shop and they fixed it in 30 minutes using the correct screen. Problem now is I messed up my camera some how...oh well. Can't wait for the next iPhone.
557. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
My psp had half of its display destroyed by a beagle. Took it apart, replaced the display, replaced the outer housing, and good as new!
558. jwmulatto (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Broke the screen of my BlackBerry Torch, and am in the process of getting a new screen to replace it myself
559. Rafab69 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
yes, i took it to get fixed at my carriers retail store
560. zupermario (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
No, not yet and I hope not anytime soon! Insured though!! :)
561. admiralsilver (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Yes, I have broken the screen on my smartphone and I went to a store at my local mall to get it fixed. However, the guy who fixed my phone used a screen that was for my phone but wasn't from HTC. It ended up blocking out the light for my soft keys. Also, he messed up the ability for my phone to read from my sd card, but that was fixed through another store.
563. kanmuri305 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Yes, my Droid X2, I was able to upgrade so I purchased a new one, lol.
564. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Nope never. My OG Droid X knows how to take a beating.
565. Manhatn (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I cracked my screen on my iphone 3gs and had the screen replaced at mall kiosk.
566. aagrzenia (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Thankfully not. Depending on how bad it would be, I believe that my insurance plan does cover some kinds of screen damage. If it wouldn't cover it, I'm sure I'd be out of luck!
567. sniper22 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I Broke the screen on my phone and bout the replacement and tools to fix it. :)
568. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
No, but if i won the iPad I would make a video of me smashing it into little bits and put it on youtube :)
569. infinitiNY (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
yes, my phone was dropped some 4 feet from my waist pocket somehow. I walked right into the Verizon store and they overnighted me a new phone.
570. extinctz (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
No, I haven't broken the screen of my phones yet and I dont wish one though.
571. dgiggles (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of my EVO when I dropped it at the store. I had to go through insurance to replace it for $100 :(
572. legion181 (Posts: 24; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Not sure if I entered this one or not. I had it fixed one time and just sold another on ebay.
573. PaulNotFromSweden (Posts: 55; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Yes, I broke the screen of a Galaxy SII and just swapped the screen from a dead unit.
574. phishfood (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I have never broken a screen on a phone (knocks on wood), but I do remember one summer during college I worked for Verizon. Some guy bought a new phone, proudly put it on his belt, declined insurance and proceeded to leave the store. He was back in the store 30 seconds later after smacking his car door on the screen and destroying it. Luckily for him the manager was nice enough to allow him to add the insurance.
575. Skidro13 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
My friend ran over it with a car, and I blow glass and made my own screen
577. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I have broken my screen. I had to send it in to the manufacturer to get it fixed.
579. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Broke my screen replaced it myself cost alot and took alot of time and agravation.
580. technut (Posts: 62; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I've broken my screen once. After a hot and long hard day at work, I decided to set my phone down on top the driver's side rear tire of my work truck while taking off my harness. I think you can imagine what happened next. Long story short, the screen was in a million pieces along with the phone. Luckily, I had insurance through sprint and they replaced it the very next day.
581. crazicow (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
Broke the screen on my EVO but opted for an EVO 3D since my contract was going to end in a month
582. sar980 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
i never borke my screen and i will never break it
583. jamaladam (Posts: 13; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I broke the screen on my nokia, the screen came off so I threw it away because it was unusable.
584. Blackhawk4 (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Luckily I have't broken a screen on a phone before. Hopefully I won't in the future as well.
585. rehanajmalsarmad (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
yeappp,i broke my nokia n95 screen,,used transparent tape to keep it in place for a month before i changed my cellphone
586. propane709 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I have never broken a screen on any of my phones or devices, but alot of people at work do. I have replaced alot of screens for my coworkers. I usually get a new screen from amazon or even ebay. I have never heard of Werx, but it is nice to know i can refer my coworkers to radio shack to get their kit. I have never owned an apple device and would love too! Wife is deployed and Skype does not work too well so I usually borrow a friends iPad so we can face time with each other.
587. nightwing323 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
When my screen broke I took my ipad into a local place at the mall that works on apple devices as well as other mobile devices. They do all kinds of general repairs but most of their business comes from screen replacements. I tried to replace a screen on a mobile device before it didnt turn out so well.
589. markettantrik (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
The ;ast time I broke my phone's screen, it was the HTC JasJar (Windows Mobile). I took it to a nearby HTC authorized service center and paid to get it replaced.
And promptly broke it again, three hours later.
590. MarkyGumby (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
I've been a good little user and keep my devices in carry cases. Only time I did drop a device, a nokia brick phone from 1998, it was a total loss and I settled with my carrier's insurance company for full on replacement. I know products have come a long, long way when it comes to durability and I know that WORX is the trusted name in replacement for today's top devices. Hope that I'll never need their service but trust in their top notch service. Cheers!
591. djpashka (Posts: 9; Member since: 13 Jun 2011)
Yes, I broke the screen on my Drod Razr Maxx. To fix it all I had to do is send it to motorola and they replaced my screen.
592. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I never broke my phones screen,
and if i broke that, my parents would kill me.....
this is what i do,
take care of these things.
593. flyboy346 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Mann i wanna win so bad id neva break dat screen u kno cuz its an ipad
594. Wonderland (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Well, I broke it. on purpose. I just took a rock, and smashed it to pieces. And then my perents wanted me to pay the money to fix it. They don't understand me.. I NEED A NEW PHONE!
595. ezekielsays (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Dec 2010)
I broke my phone screen once - went on ebay, bought a phone with a bad esn but good screen, and swapped parts out so I had a working device.
596. nodnarb (Posts: 35; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Broke my Samsung sch-u740 screen a while back when it fell off the roller coaster medusa at great adventure.. luckily contract was up and got a brand new phone :)
597. mobilegal (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
I have cracked the screen of my phone and the crack is still there!
598. chrisjdon (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
broke my iphone screen by coming out the car when it was raining and it was sitting on my lap, used my wife's upgrade to get a 4s. i still have the broken one.
599. papajohn (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
no, have never broken screen on my phone. But if i did i would use duct tape :)
600. kambhamvivekshankar (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
well ..i never broke (fortunately)... so question of fixing ^_^