Giveaway: New iPad
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 08:21 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! We wanted to conclude this three-post giveaway series with something big, and what better gadget for the purpose, we thought, than a brand new, resolutionary iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jharo (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Jan 2009)
yes, i've broken my screen. I used insurance to replace the phone.
4. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I just broke the screen of my phone for the sake of this giveaway.
As of yet, I haven't done anything to fix it, but I am planning on contacting Werx to replace my screen :)
5. ucancallmenickk (unregistered)
Yes, I broke the screen on a Blackberry Bold 9700 I used to have and I bought a replacement screen and fixed it myself. :)
6. hidarrenjames (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Knock on wood ! It hasn't happened to me yet
7. steveness (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I've never broken the screen on any of my phones because I use a tempered glass screen protector that is crazy strong so if the "screen" breaks, I take off the screw protector and the phone's screen is still in mint condition.
8. DWillyEfect (Posts: 52; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
No, I haven't, so I've never had to fix it.
9. maxkobi (Posts: 30; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Love these giveaways, lets get to the good stuff!
Phone: Droid Inc
location: Parking Lot
I was leaving the gym and put my water bottle and phone on the roof of my car. I thought to myself "don't forget about it." I quickly opened my door, grabbed my water bottle and got in. well the next part is pretty painful as I backed up nice and slow and the phone stayed on the hood. then I punched it forward and turned and the phone flew from my roof and skidded across the lot... batter door, battery, and phone all go flying separate ways! I panicked and grabbed it all, didn't even look at it or put it together till I got home. screen was shattered but the phone was in pretty good shape! so I hit up Amazon and ordered a new screen! I had replaced my friends wildfire screen earlier that year so it wasn't to tough! had I known about Worx though I might have checked it out! my brothers iPhone screen is currently shattered and so is my cousins (lol iPhone) and so ill be sure to hook them up with the Werx fix!
10. jskrenes (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I broke a few basic phone screens before. They were easy enough to fix, I just found a few wet phones that had damaged boards and swapped out screens. Never fixed a smartphone screen, though a piece of postal packing tape at least keeps fingers from getting cut to pieces.
12. tyguy829 (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Hasnt happened yet. I use one of ose tempered glass screen protectors on my gnex and it does the job. It's saved me on more than a few occasions
13. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I broke the screen of my old Samsung Intercept, but instead of fixing it I just switched to Verizon and got a new phone.
551. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Hmm the fandroid troll wants an iPad
588. mas11 (Posts: 1032; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yep the iPad is definitely one of the best tablets on the market the screen resolution is amazing and there's a reason it outsells all other tablets combined. I may prefer Android to iOS, but this is still a great piece of hardware. Plus I'm looking for my first tablet and the iPad would be really cool to have.
14. legion181 (Posts: 24; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
I had a shop replace my screen. Buttons still don't seem quite right.
15. danwager (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 May 2012)
I broke the screen of my old iPhone 3G and I replaced it myself, buying parts off of ebay and watching a how-to video
16. persim (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Dec 2010)
I broke the digitizer on my Droid Incredible. Bought a new one off Amazon and replaced it using YouTube videos.
17. LaClare (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
I have not broken any screen. Unlike my kids, I know how to protect my electronic investments.
19. chadful33 (Posts: 11; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
No i have never shattered a screen on a smart phone before.
20. black02wing (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Feb 2007)
Went to my local accy place and had them replace the screen, worked untill i sold it last week. 1.25 years
21. Gsmalltheway (Posts: 152; Member since: 15 Aug 2009)
No, but i work for ATT so i usually tell our customers to go by a local business that repairs them
22. CJVILA (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
it was a dilema because i order the screen from ebay and was send it to the wrong address so it took me 2 weeks to fix my phone :(
23. TheCastled0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I haven't really broken my phone screen, but there is a small scratch on it that ANNOYS ME TO NO END sometimes lol
24. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Broke a screen on my old ppc 6600 with sprint. They Just replaced the phone with the brand new at the time 6700 ppc lol also broke the screen on my epic touch and just used insurance lol
25. ahfpired (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
My Google Nexus One screen got broken within the first week. I looked for the iFix it tear down guide, bought a new digitizer in eBay, and fixed it myself.
26. anjkiii (Posts: 7; Member since: 15 Jul 2012)
no i have never broke my iphone screen.. i too luv my iphone & handle with care
27. michael.cook (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I shattered the screen on my Rezound and decided to try to replace it myself. I ordered a replacement from ebay, tore the old phone apart, installed the new screen, and nothing.... it wouldn't display anything. I ended up having to pony up the cash for a new phone.
28. fbbwang (Posts: 17; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
no i haven't. my friend has though, just asked her to wait since the next iphone is around the corner and she needs an upgrade anyway..
30. jsobotka (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Aug 2009)
No, I have never broken a phone screen, but that's because I pay Sprint $8/month for insurance. I'm pretty sure that as soon as I drop the insurance, I'll drop my phone.
31. forgingsteel (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I have thankfully never broken a screen.
32. dosman (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
A few years ago my iPhone 3GS landed face first in a parking lot. I repaired using iFixit screen kit and I still have the phone
33. haseebs7 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Have never broken a screen on any of my electronic devices. never plan to do that either.
34. sberamji (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Me: Broke the screen of the iphone which resulted in a new design.
Samsung: New iphone design! Let's buy the rights to it!
Me: Sold the rights to Samsung. Samsung now owns the patent for a new design for their Galaxy S4 just incase their phones break with a similar pattern like the iPhone.
36. clintius (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Yes, I went too a 3rd party repair store and they fixed it for $100.
37. smergz1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
no I hav not broken it. I would use a repair service if I did.
39. darryl12132 (Posts: 22; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
Well i didnt but someone else broke the screen to my old motorola krazr flip phone
40. Ronref95 (Posts: 17; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
Never broke a screen yet and hopefully will never have to go through the process of fixing one.
41. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
well I has happened to me, looked for the necessary info on iFixit bough the screen and replace it myself
42. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Nope, I haven't, so I've never had to fix it. I've drop it so many times too.
44. Hammerfest (Posts: 370; Member since: 12 May 2012)
I broke the screen on my HTC/Sprint Mogul/Titan! I had a spare Mogul I got off eBay and spent the better part of a day figiuring how to disassemble it, replace the screen, then reassemble it without breaking it or tearing any important cables...
What a hair-raising event that started me down the path of ruin that is Phone repair...
45. bigheadsmartboy (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I have never shattered my screen on my phone I make sure its in a case at all times but I have had some close calls in the desert when it has fallen from a Hummer or other utility vehicle before...
46. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I was walking in the rolling hills of hills of Tuscany... Just Kiding it was in my kitchen my iPhone seconds from impact i knew it would be a bad one. To bad I didn't have amazing speed and agility to catch it from the drop. So needless to say the screen had a huge crack right in the top left corner. What did I do t fix it you ask? Nothing, I did nothing because I had no idea there were places that would replace the screen on the cheap like werx. Thanks for the info at least I won knowledge.
48. Marco151polo (Posts: 9; Member since: 28 Nov 2010)
I have not had my own personal phone/electronics screen broken (yet), but I do fix them for others. The first time was an iTouch (2nd generation I believe) for a crush I've known since high school. I used parts found from eBay, but with more and more devices using some sort of paste/glue/sticky chemical rather than screws and other mechanical means it is getting to be more of a hassle.
49. cyberknet (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Nope, I've never broken a screen on my phone. Scratched it up though. Used some carb soda, water and a tooth brush to buff it out.
51. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 88; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
No I have not, but my neighbor has... He took his phone to a phone shop and they fixed it for 1/3 of the price he paid for his phone (Samsung Galaxy S2)
52. structureman116 (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
My wife broke the screen on the LG Voyager hand-me-down that I gave her in mint condition. I bought a used parts only unit off of ebay. Unit had perfect external screens on the inside and out, but a dead esn and bad charger port. Swapped out the entire flip on the unit instead of disassembling the screen case...piece of cake and worked perfectly until her upgrade came around. Now it is a toy for my kids...
53. lancekik (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
i have never broken a screen on my phone, but being a man i would fix it with duct tape.. :-)
54. ptopo05 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jan 2012)
My screen has broken on the blackberry storm 2. I had a brief stay in the hospital and the phone fell off the table. It hit the hard concrete floor and the screen broke in a very bad way. I wanted to get it fixed very badly.
55. Watchmanz (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 May 2012)
I've never broken the screen on my phone but my kids have (of course!). The most immediate first aid option is to get a screen protector on it. That will protect your fingers and allow you to continue using the device safely until you can arrange an insurance replacement or a screen replacement.
56. rsolomonjr1 (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
no, never broke screen yet. I am a psycho who runs to add the casing at purchase of the phone. lol