Giveaway: Kindle Fire HD + HTC One V + AUVIO Elite Series headphones
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:55
As promised, we're continuing with the giveaways this month with yet another one made possible by the awesome folks from RadioShack. This week's giveaway will make one of our readers extremely happy thanks to the marvelous bundle we've prepared for them, which includes a smartphone, a tablet and a pair of headphones to make every experience with their new gadgets even better...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
361. Hiberny posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:20 0 0
I love my tablet. As a teacher, my Galaxy Tab is my textbook, reference library, gradebook, a way to keep in touch with parents, and a tool to collaborate with coworkers. I only just got a smartphone this week, and honestly, I could live without it.
363. StalkinUrMom posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:28 0 0
Starting to really get into graphic design, tablet would be much appreciated.
365. BadAssAbe posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:49 0 0
"One does not simply choose a tablet over a smartphone" LOL
Smartphone for me :-)
366. Myrith posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:56 0 0
Smartphone for everyday use and Windows tablet for professional work.
Having a phablet covers 90% of my needs.
367. henrymultiguna posted on 21 Dec 2012, 09:16 0 0
for me it would be smartphone, because of its mobility, i can carry smartphone easier than tablet. I listen music from smartphone pretty much too.
368. johnnybe posted on 21 Dec 2012, 09:19 0 0
Smartphone because it needs to be in one of my pockets, although a tablet would be a excellent addition!!
369. johneevo posted on 21 Dec 2012, 09:45 0 0
Although a tablet better suits my aging eyes I would have to go with a smartphone due to its better portability.
371. speed4evr posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:01 0 0
My smartphone (S3) currently works for my lifestyle, but the addition of a tablet would help greatly with school and work
372. Ratheesh143 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:18 0 0
Tablet always coz of reading,browsing,gaming and watching movies in big screen than phone screen. :P
374. randyr45 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:32 0 0
why not both?! I use a SGS3 as a phone but would prefer at least a 7" as a tablet for media.
375. htafari1 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:40 0 0
Definitely a smartphone, its easier to carry around easier to talk on the phone, easier to be discrete on the phone....biggest downside of the smartphone is usually the compared battery life.
376. silverWRX03 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:46 0 0
Smart phone for work need something easy to hide. But at home a tablet like the size.
377. burnik posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:53 0 0
Smartphone fits me better because I can bring it with me anywhere I go
378. nodnarb posted on 21 Dec 2012, 10:59 0 0
personally smartphone because i need something that can serve me on the go, while still fitting in my jeans pocket! but that doesn't mean I don't like tablets!
380. godzillagtr34 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 11:22 0 0
Smart phone . Just so much eaiser to carry and use and keep up with.
381. GeniusWork-HD posted on 21 Dec 2012, 11:22 0 0
A 7" tablet fits better for reading books and Watching Videos..
382. ahhxd717 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 11:32 0 0
Smartphone. I can do anything I would on a tablet with my phone, plus a smartphone is much more portable. And if I need to do more intensive work, I'm near my laptop or a computer. A tablet would be nice for media consumption but not necessary at all.
383. yarmock posted on 21 Dec 2012, 11:39 0 0
Personally, Id rather have a tablet right now. I currently find myself playing more games, FF on android etc. My 4 inch screen just doesnt cut it, 7"+ would def help out alot. Plus they have much stronger hardware inside than phones.
384. jvardon posted on 21 Dec 2012, 11:42 0 0
Smartphones definitely fit mystyle better than a tablet would. I'm a busy student who takes art classes and a concentration in sculture and music courses too. I attend tonnes of recitals and i can easily write down names of aria's i want the sheet music too on a phone, sculture classes don't give me very many notes so no need for a tablet there. My other classes don't really gadgets be used for notes anyway, not that there very many notes. I also an very fond of skinny jeans and i have few pairs of shorts with annoyingly shallow pockets, i also don't carry a man-bag because I'm on a small campus and don't need all my things in the morning. Smaller gadgets just fit my life a lot better.
386. Domingoknows posted on 21 Dec 2012, 12:15 0 0
Yep, a smartphone. Tablets are cool and all, but the things you can do with a well equipped smartphone far exceed the capabilities of most tablets (assuming we're talking about the wifi variety here). Besides, smartphones are usually better looking. Except for the transformer pad infinity and the ipad mini. Those two are pretty smexy.
387. N.Reynolds posted on 21 Dec 2012, 12:24 0 0
A 5" inch smart phone because as much as I use my device to web browse and watch video a tablet is too big to always keep on me.
388. legion181 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 12:30 0 0
Same question again? Smartphone, tablets are for the couch and the toilet.
389. defjam posted on 21 Dec 2012, 12:35 0 0
Smart phone. It's got most of the features a tablet has and it fits in my pocket.
390. t3hSt1ngray posted on 21 Dec 2012, 12:45 0 0
Personally I like my smartphone. Its easy to carry, and since its a GS3 its a decent size for reading books and watching videos.
391. lostboiwonder posted on 21 Dec 2012, 13:10 0 0
a tablet because I find myself lounging around a lot so the big screen comes in very handy while multi-tasking
392. ckoch125 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 13:17 0 0
Smart phone. Portability and provides everything I need in a compact form right in the palm of my hand
394. arbitrage2004 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 13:24 0 0
Personally, tablet is better for me to spend my time in a commute in a useful way. phone is too small for video cosumption.
395. JewBakaUCFG posted on 21 Dec 2012, 13:31 0 0
That's nto a simple question to answer. I think it comes down to necessity. While I do have a tablet, it's only for personal purposes. I only use it for web-browsing and games. My smartphones is a lifeline that I use for personal and business purposes. Without my GS3, I would be dead in the water.
396. megan23247 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 13:46 0 0
A phone because I have to be able to hear people talk for sure!
397. djripster posted on 21 Dec 2012, 14:00 0 0
I think its a smartphone which will fit my lifestyle best.. While tablets are useful for enjoying videos, photo albums and games, its the portability of the smartphone which makes its the better choice for me.
398. xy.george posted on 21 Dec 2012, 14:29 0 0
i need both in my life.
a smart phone for communications and portability need(s).
a tablet for @home need(s); as i move from the office to the kitchen and to the living room. etc.
400. kurodo777 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 15:01 0 0
a smartphone because i can have lots of entertainment on a decent sized screen and still have a very portable device that i will usually always carry
402. ajerkdude posted on 21 Dec 2012, 15:05 0 0
phone, on the move.. but I do still want a tablet :)
403. arbitrage8877 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 15:08 0 0
phone is good because of its size, however, tablet wins by the screen size
404. rafaelian2004 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 15:41 0 0
If I am on vacation, I like tablets, on a daily basis i use phone most of the time.
405. CellularNinja posted on 21 Dec 2012, 15:44 0 0
The best is a combination of a 5 inch phone and a 10 inch tablet, but if I had to choose one, I'd take the phone because of mobility.
406. GoBears posted on 21 Dec 2012, 16:22 0 0
Smartphone fits my lifestyle best due to portability.
407. jknow129 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:19 0 0
Smart phone for me. I live in NYC and people are quick to take your stuff. smartphone are more discreet than tablets and i can keep myself up to date with a smartphone considering they all (usually) have cell coverage. Plus have you seen some of these smart phone screen sizes!
408. alj34 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:23 0 0
For me tablets are better because I use it more for entertainment and reading
409. ms.eve05 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:33 0 0
Smartphones are better in my opinion because I'm able to keep in touch with my family and especially my grand kids. I can either talk to them on the phone or I can see them in real time with Skype. Smartphones can do everything a tablet can do.
410. jamaladam posted on 21 Dec 2012, 17:36 0 0
A smartphone fits my lifestyle because of it's portability, ease of use on the move, and it's more convenient and doesn't need to be on constant wifi in order to use the internet unless I buy one with 4G.
411. Allister posted on 21 Dec 2012, 18:02 0 0
The smartphone fits better because I can take it everywhere.
412. davjaxn posted on 21 Dec 2012, 20:13 0 0
For me a tablet fits my lifestyle best. I work from home so the size of a tablet is great (don't need portability if I am at home!).
413. slinder1 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 20:30 0 0
A tablet fits my personal style better because I use it for mostly for the web and for reading.
414. justinokirk posted on 21 Dec 2012, 21:03 0 0
a smart phone by far! The tablet would have some uses, but I need a lot of power in my computing platform most of the time and tablet games don't appeal to me.
415. asassoon posted on 21 Dec 2012, 21:17 0 0
Smartphone for sure! Its my access to society and fits in my pocket so its easy on the go!
416. randeepsamra posted on 21 Dec 2012, 21:44 0 0
as much as i would like to have a smart phone, I'll opt for a Tablet. As I tend to drop my phone a lot. So tablet seems a safer option.
417. twister250 posted on 21 Dec 2012, 22:20 0 0
Smart phone. A tablet is great, but a phone is always ready to go..
418. dakeshon posted on 21 Dec 2012, 22:31 0 0
I prefer a smartphone due to its ease of use and also its ease of access. I can take a smartphone anywhere I go, a tablet not so much... Especially when I am in school.
419. riggsy posted on 21 Dec 2012, 23:34 0 0
I would have to go with a smartphone. A tablet would be a nice thing to have for media consumption but the smartphone has all that functionality with the convenience of phone calls and can fit in my pocket.
420. quaez posted on 22 Dec 2012, 00:22 0 0
A smartphone is better for me, since I can carry it with me in my pocket while on the go.