Giveaway: Kindle Fire HD + HTC One V + AUVIO Elite Series headphones
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 07:55 posted on
As promised, we're continuing with the giveaways this month with yet another one made possible by the awesome folks from RadioShack. This week's giveaway will make one of our readers extremely happy thanks to the marvelous bundle we've prepared for them, which includes a smartphone, a tablet and a pair of headphones to make every experience with their new gadgets even better...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
301. persim (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Dec 2010)
Smartphone - I like the portability a lot more than having a slightly larger screen.
302. elberthung (Posts: 6; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
A smartphone, because the Tablet is just too big for me.
304. anDroidq (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
A smartphone would suit my running around better. The ability of being in touch when needed is more important than using a tablet for reading and videos watching :D
305. huypaulha94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
The smartphone fits my lifestyle better. I'm almost always on my phone, using it to search or for maps is very convenient compared to tablet which doesn't have a cellular plan. I could get a plan for it, but why get internet on a tablet when you already have internet on your phone!
306. gje09 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
A tablet fits my lifestyle better because i use it for productivity that just doesn't work so well on a smartphone for me. Bigger is better in my opinion so Tablet it is.
307. TheRequiem (Posts: 228; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
I would say that I need both a new phone and tablet, I could use both, especially the Kindle tablet, since I am an Amazon Prime fanatic and I buy mp3's and video's and pretty much everything else in my whole life from them so definitely most beneficial for me. The only thing is, is that after Christmas and recent family members passing away, I'm in debt for the next few years so I can only dream...
308. stevercpa (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Smartphone. Can't put a tablet in my pocket
309. JGuinan007 (Posts: 657; Member since: 19 May 2011)
A smartphone until they make tablets with all phone features too
310. scorpeyun (Posts: 24; Member since: 18 May 2012)
Smart phone! With the speed and capabilities of smart phones these days it's the best of both worlds. Granted, if you add a tablet to the mix it would be a plus because you can leave the laptop at home if you don't need the processing power.
311. beckfordjr (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Tablet for now suits me better until carrier lockdowns are reduced. I have been looking to be more productive and tablet does seem to offer quite a bit more room for that as late. More of the apps I use such as Adobe suite and those that I challenge my friends with over the distance between us seem to be best in tablet form for creativity.
312. Big.Dad.E (Posts: 7; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Smartphone for me. It's more portable and I always have it with me. I'll forget my wallet before I forget my phone.
313. granddiaz (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I smartphone meets my busy lifestyle ,and the main reason why is the small pocket fitting size. Other reasons is perfect size for GPS and need it to make calls and send text messages !
315. kraj.snps (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Both are essential. Smartphone for calling and portability. Tablet for use at home/work or any stationary situiation
316. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Smartphone because I love having an all in one device. I think a phablet is probably best for me.
317. structureman116 (Posts: 138; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
Personal preference for me is a smartphone. I enjoy a tablet for reading or browsing while I am sitting around the house, but I have four kids under 6. I am constantly heading out for sports, doctors appointments, etc. It is much easier for me to grab my phone, toss it in my pocket and hit the road.
318. gutundgross (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
A smartphone absolutely fits my life style. I'm a college kid on the go. I always need email, social media, and most importantly texting to get through a day. Which is why a smartphone is perfect for a social lighting and important up dates. Sleek, powerful and always ringing.
319. lonewolf2873 (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
For me its a matter of what I'm doing, so its all in one answer. Smartphone for most situations due to its smaller format. Sitting on couch or in bed I prefer tablet. Why look at smaller screen while chilling? Games are always easier on tablet.
I'll take both please and thank you.
320. bcadman31 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
I have to say a smartphone, mostly because it is always with me. I can bring a tablet with me, but the phone is always with me and can do a lot of the same things, just in a slightly smaller package.
321. peter2music (Posts: 7; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
I nee tablet for readibg, phone for calling and music!!!
322. chris122 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I prefer having a phone because it is really what you use every day to make phone calls and do much more.
323. brobert11 (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
smartphone - i want a device i can do it all on... opposed to carrying multiple devices to fill the same needs. Seems the trade offs involved in the smaller screen of a smartphone outweigh carrying multiple devices for my style of life.
324. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i have a GS3 and a Nexus 7. i use my nexus 7 to browse the web and watch movies while waiting for classes( college classes are like 2-5 hrs wait time ) and my GS3 for texting, play some casual games in the train. honestly. i cant live without any of them. but i would be the smartphone because it has more functionality than the tablet. always connected to internet. i can talk and talk play games with it.
325. Tele7 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I'd say a tablet, because I already have a smarthphone, but it is not big enough to watch movies, or browse web comfortably. Since I have a smarthphone I barely use my notebook, but a tablet would be better for replacing or just partly replacing my notebook. And of course, the traveling; I travel a lot, and for entertainment or taking notes a tab would be the perfect companion for me.
326. ProlificZ21 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Jun 2008)
I would say a nice sized and thin smartphone is a more versatile device.
327. SweeneyTodd (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Smartphones ... compact size ... better camera
328. geeleste (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
You know how you might accidently leave your smartphone at home sometimes? Well, I have not done that in years! Email. text messages, internet, 8mp camera and voice all in a compact size - love my smartphone!
330. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
A smart phone fits my lifestyle better because as a college student I'm constantly checking my email and surfing the internet to make sure files are accessible for printing and to also confirm answers after an exam lol.
331. rolemodel57 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Smartphone, mobility is important, though having a tablet would be nice too.
332. ewilliams1009 (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
a tablet because I love to read lots of books and I like the wider screen
333. JMBradley_ (Posts: 3; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
smart phone! i will always have a phone next to me everywhere i go, but the tablet i cant always bring
334. skim14401 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Smartphone. In my profession, I am constantly on the go. A tablet is too inconvenient when I need something done quickly while moving around nonstop
335. randeepsamra (Posts: 29; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
As much as I want a smart phone, I prefer to use a tablet. As I tend to drop my phones a lot. So no use wasting my money on a smart phone. I tend to prefer a tablet as it has bigger screen and to me seems to be more confortable.
So a Tablet best suits my lifestyle.
336. Vorsayo (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Jan 2012)
A smart phone with a large screen, think galaxy s3 size or HTC DNA size. Because i always have my phone on me, and a large screen allows me to do most of the things i would do on my tablet. Plus it is a selling tool.
337. beryleo (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
A smartphone, because it offers a tool that I carry at all times, and is always ready to serve my needs
338. Domingoknows (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
A smart phone, hands down. It's pocketable (most of them, anyway), its easily protected with a case, and lets me stay constantly connected without having to worry about pulling something out of a book bag, or carrying around a book bag in the first place.
339. rtkuhn (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Smartphone. It basically does all that a tablet does, except its more portable.
340. arenapirate (Posts: 14; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
smartphone, it does everything a tablet does and fits in your pocket. That being said, i'd want a tablet to see what i'm missing. it would make my commute home much more enjoyable without having to worry about draining my phone battery.
341. justawesome (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
A smartphone because its easier to take and im always on the go so portable is best .
342. elpidiosimon (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Smartphone is the choice for me. Just alot more convenient than a tablet. Anywhere. Anytime. But i do enjoy my asus transformer at home.
343. romy134 (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
Phone, because it has everything, a cell network wtc.
344. Johnnokia (Posts: 752; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I like Smartphone and tablets...
I have galaxy s3 and plan to buy new tablet
But I use smartphone all the time
345. Althorius (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
A smartphone is better suited me simply due to the better portability, but I sure would love to also have a tablet.
346. bweaver731 (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
A smart phone fits my lifestyle better. While I enjoy utilizing my tablet at home or when I have dedicated down time, the shear size of most tablets generally prevent them from being utilized in the same manner as a smart phone. Being an avid Android user, I am guilty of owning an Ipad, but since my Note II purchase, my use of said tablet has greatly decreased. While I will always own a tablet because of the portability it offers over my laptop, for day to day activity and adding orginization to my chaotic life, a high end smart phone still reigns supreme.
347. abeauchamp (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Smartphone, I can do almost anything that a table can do + make phone calls, that can be difficult to do with a tablet.
348. CassandraEastman (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
A tablet fits my life better, because it's bigger, I can search faster on it, and my kids can watch shows on it or play games easier!
349. iDevice (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
a cell phone is the best on my life since its smaller and can fit on any of my pockets!
350. crxlurp (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
A smartphone because I am always on the go with my work. I need to have my data right there with me no matter where I am.
351. s8877 (Posts: 15; Member since: 01 May 2012)
Phone is smaller but has almost the same functionality!
352. armoleo (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Smartphone is better as it gives same utility in a smaller form factor
353. arbitrage2004ru (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I can carry the phone in my pocket, tablet is not convinient. Large screen is good though for vieo viewing and reading.
354. armenh (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 May 2011)
99% of people would prefer smartphone. However, tablet is good for relaxation and you do not stess yourself on a small screen.
355. hollymarie (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Dec 2012)
A smart phone is perfect for me...a tablet is a nice replacement for my laptop when traveling, but I still can't live without my phone!
356. PsMamae (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
A Smartphone because with my son in tow it is easier to work with one hand on the smartphone than it'd be on a tablet.
357. jdiamjr (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Smartphone - it is always with me and always connected.
358. pudgypanda3 (Posts: 17; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
I love the tablet size better. I can get more done on a tablet then on a small phone
359. j1man1r66 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
A tablet works best for me, smartphones are so small and I have difficulty typeing with them accurately! Although I do love my smartphone!
360. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Definitely a smartphone. I think that there is no reason to buy a tablet. of course they look nice, but I would buy an ultrabook instead. So smartphone for me.