Giveaway: Kindle Fire HD + HTC One V + AUVIO Elite Series headphones
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 07:55 posted on
As promised, we're continuing with the giveaways this month with yet another one made possible by the awesome folks from RadioShack. This week's giveaway will make one of our readers extremely happy thanks to the marvelous bundle we've prepared for them, which includes a smartphone, a tablet and a pair of headphones to make every experience with their new gadgets even better...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
181. sesshomaru66 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
A smartphone with a large display. It can do everything a tablet can but is more portable. You can't "pocket" a 10.1 tablet, lol.
182. VW_Techie (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
A smartphone fits my life style better because it fits in my pocket to be used for getting around, finding a place to eat, etc... Tablets are useful but are to big to just tote around with you.
183. ryanp (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
A smartphone fits my lifestyle better because it is always with me. Currently my tablet is sitting at home on a shelf with a dead battery.
184. Csuccess12 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I like have the versatility of both a tablet and a smart phone. But if I had to choose, I would choose a smartphone.
185. Deadeye37 (Posts: 78; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
A smartphone fits my lifestyle best because I can stick it in my pocket and have it with my all the time. Not to mention that I can make calls with it. I love my tablet, but my SGSIII is what I use the most, by far since its always in my pocket.
186. AFnerdTP (Posts: 85; Member since: 15 May 2012)
if i had to pick one, it'd be a phone, but it'd have to be a big screen smartphone as i'm totally used to the Note2. you can't trade the portability.
187. dwagner8 (Posts: 9; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
A smartphone because if I want a bigger screen I have my laptop that is pretty much just as portable as a tablet.
188. Movie13 (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Smartphone, always on the go so the phone works best. I only use my tablet for about 10 minutes before I go to sleep, my phone is with me all day, everyday!
190. lvnnyates (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
A tablet fits my life style better. I can do way much more on a tablet than I can on my smart phone. I can carry it just as easily as my phone, and a tablet has a much bigger screen than my phone.
191. makwasay (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
i am in love with my tablet (rooted jelly bean running nook color) i dont carry around a smartphone because my main use is web surfing watching videos and reading books and the 7 inches is a sweet spot for me . .i used my friends note and it just felt awkward in my hands (i have pretty big hands) i mean the screen is huge but again its huge compared to other smartphones . .you still have to zoom in considerabely to hit a link on a web page and the screen just isn't right for reading . . .plus with the added features of jelly bean all my note taking, email, entertainment, gaming and reading apps are on the tablet which leaves me without the need (yet) for a smartphone plus the tablet is small enough to fit in the cars gloovebox my bagpacks front pocket and on my bikes rear storage area making it one of the most portaable of devices which i can carry around just like a smartphone
and when it comes to pocketability well i can fit it into my back jeans pocket but i dont Even now days some of the bigger phones just feel too big in the pocket and one has to carry them around in their hands
and after all that there's the battery life which is terrific i can easily get out a day with the tablet
193. BSTManCMc (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
A smartphone for me, but that is because I have never had a tablet yet.
194. papajohn (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
a smartphone as it is a can-do-all device but wish the display was bigger like a tablet
195. frustyak (Posts: 148; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Smartphone - easy to carry and I'm connected wherever I go.
196. Sakmann67 (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 May 2010)
I would like a tablet, because It also doubles as a plate for my Wings and Beer.
197. dungbeetle (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
A smart phone as I can fit it into my pocket whereas a tablet would require a bag to carry it
198. ceepyou (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I like my tablet more. More and more places I head to are getting Wi-Fi connectivity. Anywhere from Target, to Starbucks, to restaurants, to FedEx stores so I can always be connected on a slightly larger screen without a lot of weight. Also, with a GSM Nexus 7 and a $30/mo data plan as well as a great VOIP app, you can truly have both a phone and tablet in one device. It will fit in a back pocket (guys jeans) a jacket pocket or a cargo short pocket so you are covered from season to season and place to place. All I need to have is my trusty bluetooth up to my ear. If power gets low, I have a car charger since I drive many places. I would say we are entering a new era where the manufacturers get this and eventually we will hit like a 6" size that is perfect for pockets and content consumption.
199. KurtDawg (Posts: 9; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
A smartphone with a 5" screen is perfect for me.
200. desiibab3 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Dec 2012)
A smartphone fits my lifestyle better because I always on the go. I want to be able to pull out my phone and call someone instantly or surf the web or just listen to music while I'm busy. A cellphone is more convenient for a person like me. A smartphone is even better because I never when something might happen where I can only use a smartphone to perform a certain tasks.
201. PhonePhazer47 (Posts: 30; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
i would say smartphone. love that a tablet is smaller than a laptop. but a smartphone fits my lifestyle.
202. ms.eve05 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
I like a phone over the tablet. With the phone or my baby, it is a convenience for me. You can't put a tablet in your purse or pocket..lol
203. mark0830 (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
i would go with a phone over a tablet anyday. the phone is just better, smaller able to put in a pocket and you can hold it close your ear and talk.
204. blessnel (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
For my academic lifestyle, a tablet fits better because I can use to discuss and present cases with ease
205. kindofabigdeal (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
smartphone b/c it is smaller and I can take it with me anywhere in my pocket
206. SkurtMcGurt (Posts: 21; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
I own both a smartphone and a tablet, but it would definitely be more convenient to own a Galaxy Note II. One device with the best of both worlds! Although my son would disagree and say the tablet is the winner :)
207. mxmike13 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Phone because of the portability, but i own both, just need some headphones
208. cowakami (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
A big smart phone! Because you can put it in your pocket and you can have a big screen to do everything. I I think smart phones have cooler features. Smart phones are necessary, but tablets are optional.
209. bovcrx (Posts: 67; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I would love an HTC Android phone. Their build quality is usually solid.
210. Pureh (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Smartphone; the size of tablets can be a hassle to carry all day long.
211. Kelley71 (Posts: 44; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Never having had a tablet, it would probably be the smartphone; it can do almost everything the tablet can, and can be more accessible (qwerty keyboard, 4G data, etc).
212. xXShinigami20 (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
A tablet is what I want. I want it because I can bring it to place and it's very light on load. I can play games on it. View shows/movies, browse the internet, read books and etc on a tablet.
213. GoldenJoe (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
I prefer to work with tablets, but smartphones are indispensable for their portability.
214. TechTitan (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Smart phone with a large screen. Ideally, it allows you to stay connected to people and information. Contrary to popular belief, voice is still necessary for communication on many levels. I love my tablet, but it still falls in the "optional" category whereas my phone never leaves my side. For someone like me who is always on the go, my Note 2 is the perfect blend, but I still would utilize a 4.7" screen if necessary. Lastly, other than Google's voice input, text input is much easier on a phone....at least for me.
215. speed4evr (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Smarthphones fit my lifestyle (but never had a tablet), thats why have an S3, its great for school and personal use. Id love to add a table though lol
216. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I work more than I'm home. So a smartphone is better for me. Kinda hard to bring a tablet to work. To big for my lunch box.
217. deathbydesigner (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Smartphone. I can take it wherever I go and not have to worry about protecting it as much as a tablet. Plus the screen on my phone is more than enough for what I need to have on the go. Never thought otherwise!
218. almiki (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
A smartphone fits my lifestyle best, because I'm usually out-and-about, and I like being able to have everything in my pocket.
219. Foudascaralho (Posts: 5; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Smartphone because of the ability to constantly have it with me in my pocket. The smartphone is constantly on me for access whenever I need it.
220. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 987; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
What fits your lifestyle better: a smartphone or a tablet? Why?
Smartphones fits my life better because of the functionality. I believe that tablets are slowly become more of an after thought with the emergence of the Note and Note II from Samsung. As a married man w/ 2 boys, Im always on the go. Having a smartphone that does more than talk and text is very important to me. I want to make sure that I have aphone that will do most of what I want it to do: take notes, play games, talk, text, and surf the web without searching for a WiFi hotspot.
Smartphones are more necessary for everyday life than tablets
221. cse.vicky (Posts: 79; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
For me It has to be a smartphone with a replaceable battery and a good camera :) , Why : Mobility(portability), connectivity, Talk and text :), take good pictures on the go :)
222. TEPOZTECO (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Phone for sure, need it everyday. The tablet comes in handy but not portable enough to be useful all the time, besides if something is too small on the phone just hold it closer....
223. tech-blast (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
i always wanted to use the amazon kindle fire. A free gift would be a great way to start . I like other ones also. so any gift is welcome in holiday season.
224. svec7186 (Posts: 48; Member since: 24 Jul 2011)
smartphone, use it anywhere, easy to log around
225. hulumanu (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Smartphone... simply because of the connectivity on the go...
226. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Smartphone for me. I don't like carrying too many things... If I carry just a tablet, I would still need to carry my phone. Phablets would be perfect for me, but I'm always in the market for a new phone at the wrong time.
227. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
A smartphone is the only useful option; tablets are just toys.
228. zvioocge (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i'm better use phablet,just like note 2
i need BIGBIG screen but i also need that it slided into my pocket :D my Gnote(1st) does it's job great
229. Tux4g63 (Posts: 115; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
A smartphone with a 4.3 inch screen or larger is the best compromise for portability, functionality, and utility in my life. I average just under 2 hours of time spent in my vehicle each week day, and I normally see about 4-5 different physical work locations in a day. A smartphone with decent battery life is the easiest solution for my mobile needs.
230. Javi015412 (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
well for one i need a phone but i love big screens ... so i need both tablet and/or phone for every day life ... thats why i love my GALAXY NOTE 2!!!
231. taunjaswenson (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Right now its a smartphone, however I could see a 7inch tablet working amazing for me
232. carlosjs (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
while at home i use my tablet more than my smartphone. on the go the tablet stays and the smartphone does all. essentially i use both almost equally...that didn't answer the question did it?
233. ajc76 (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
A smartphone... I always have my smartphone with me where as a tablet isn't as easy to carry around with you...
234. wwRGw (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
For me personally, a smartphone. Mainly because I always have it with me. I'm not in a situation where a tablet would be anything but a neat toy to have.
235. ballpoint1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
Smart Phone. It allows me to do all the things i can do on the tablet but fits in my pocket. A tablet just allows easier navigation of website and viewing media for me.
236. adnankhan (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
A smartphone definitely fits my life better. I can do almost everything on a smartphone and still carry it around in my pocket.
238. pats4thewin (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
A smartphone fits my lifestyle better. I work at a preferred retailer of Sprint and have had the wonderful oppurtunity to see most of the handsets and tablets Sprint has to offer. After playing with them, the reason a smartphone fits my lifestyle better is my need for compact convenience. Im always on the go with my 30 minute commute to work and have a busy life at home taking care of my loving girlfriend. We share a room in an already small house and the bigger somthing is the less space we have. I have a GS3 right now and its the perfect fit. It is bigger than a lot of the smartphones I could carry but its still small enough to be easily accessible from my pocket or my car dock. And that is my lengthy reason that a smartphone would fit my lifestyle better than a tablet
239. longboardluv (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 May 2012)
A cell phone fits my lifestyle because of the size factor. I'd love to be able to carry around a tablet all day, but alas it doesn't really fit in my pocket. So many great phones out there with awesome displays allow me to have the same functionality as a tablet.