Giveaway: Kindle Fire HD + HTC One V + AUVIO Elite Series headphones
0. phoneArena posted on 21 Dec 2012, 07:55
As promised, we're continuing with the giveaways this month with yet another one made possible by the awesome folks from RadioShack. This week's giveaway will make one of our readers extremely happy thanks to the marvelous bundle we've prepared for them, which includes a smartphone, a tablet and a pair of headphones to make every experience with their new gadgets even better...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
121. a_merryman posted on 17 Dec 2012, 14:16 0 0
A smartphone, it has many more uses than a tablet does now-a-days and is much more mobile.
122. SachinN1989 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 14:45 0 0
I prefer a smartphone, they offer everything a tablet does but lets you call people.
123. phatride4ever posted on 17 Dec 2012, 14:55 0 0
Tablet. Better for looking at websites/reading/pictures
124. Zayuh24 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:04 0 0
This has got to be the hardest question.... AAAAAH..... *thinks for a moment*
I got it! I think the best thing for my lifestyle is a smartphone. Tablets are great, but being required to have Wi-Fi everywhere is a pain in the butt. I can whip out my phone from my pocket, shoot a mass text to everybody I need to meet for the day, and hop on a Hangout when it's time to meet them virtually anywhere with my HSPA+ connection. Sure, the movies and documents on tablets are great, but they require a stable data connection that can be provided by my phone's hotspot. So the phone is much more important.
125. nyamo posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:04 0 0
Smart phone. Its always on and in my pocket when I'm out and about. Tabs are nice when at home but they don't fit quite as nicely in a pant pocket
126. tyger11 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:16 0 0
A smartphone for me - the size is just too convenient. I have no problems carrying one everywhere, but that's not true with a tablet (for me).
127. Steve.G posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:18 0 0
Smartphone fits me better since I'm always moving.
128. GeekMovement posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:33 0 0
Smartphone definitely because I need to make calls and their easier to carry around wherever you go.
129. playingDroid posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:36 0 0
Smartphone by far as I don't like to carry buiky equipment around everywhere. I like to have everything I use available all the time so a tablet is only partially useful and with smartphone screen sizes increasing to what they are they are getting big enough to solve most daily activities.
130. corps1089 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:43 0 0
Tablet, so coworkers can see that I am taking notes and not tweeting/txting during meetings!
131. magnumch posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:54 0 0
Smart phone for me because it's more practical to get around with. Tablet at home so I'm not draining my phone battery.
132. justinbog10 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 15:56 0 0
A smartphone because it is easy to carry around and it has the same features as a tablet.
133. reklawj posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:13 0 0
I have to go with a smartphone. Typically smaller and you can make calls.
134. phonejacket posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:16 0 0
a tablet is better. while i think i would still carry a smartphone, if i had a tablet, i would probably carry a smaller screened smartphone and leave all the more heavy duty stuff to the tablet. Thanks for the giveaway!
135. Grazingfire posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:24 0 0
Smartphone you can't put a tablet in your pocket tablets are nice for at home or on a plane to watch a movie but a smartphone can do that and more.
136. CWBAlfredo posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:33 0 0
Smartphone all the way! I need to access info when I'm walking around and besides, who wants to take photos with their tablet. Smartphones are a lot more practical if slightly less fun to use.
137. SnaptSchutt posted on 17 Dec 2012, 16:35 0 0
I always have my phone on me(as does everyone else in the world), but to answer your question, prob a tablet. I spend far more time absorbing web-based info than nibble-sized communication (txt and twitter) or talking... Not a great question - this isn't binary. There's no mutual exclusivity in using these 2 things. Buncha people, myself included, do use both at the same time.
138. matster000 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:12 0 0
Definitely the tablet. My girls and I would love it for books and movies!
139. phanboi posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:14 0 0
Smartphone over a tablet because its basically smaller tablet that can make phone calls and do a lot of things a tablet can do also..so..definitely a smartphone :D
140. mikevanderjagt posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:15 0 0
I use the tablet more because it is better for watching movies on the go.
141. iDevice posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:15 0 0
a smart phone fits it better. smaller and more practical!
142. fur0n posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:32 0 0
i think a tablet would be good to have a portable easy to use device to use. I currently don't have a tablet but want one. I currently only have a phone but the screen size almost seems too small at times.
143. eshney posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:42 0 0
Smartphone, because it's more portable. Hardware-wise they're both the same, with the exception that smartphones can't make calls. Plus, phones end up being cheeper up front.
144. doonroy posted on 17 Dec 2012, 17:52 0 0
Smartphone because we can actually call with the phone, whereas a tablet can't really do that.
145. jtmoney430 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:02 0 0
By far a smartphone. Tablets are nice, but a smartphone fits in your pockets and is essentially a small tablet. They both definitely have their place though.
146. daysleft posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:06 0 0
presently a smartphone fits my lifestyle better, b/c its more convenient. this will be changing soon however as i will soon be attending school and a tablet would be more convenient for taking notes, storing books and studying.
147. mrtim1 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:33 0 0
Having to access more and more info and be able to read it, a tablet is better suited for my uses.
148. snotyak posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:40 0 0
While I have both a phone and a tablet, I use my phone more as I am usually out and about, but when I'm at home and have some free time, I can lie down and thoroughly enjoy my tablet while my phone sits in the corner. I think I generally prefer my tablet and it isn't too inconvenient, but my phone is much easier to deal with. A powerful smartphone better suits my lifestyle, but isn't what I'd prefer.
149. EvaXen posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:40 0 0
Smartphone. It's easier to carry with me all the time. It's also much simpler to make calls with.
150. CellularNinja posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:51 0 0
If I had to choose one, I would pick the smartphone, because I am a very active person and would need the mobility. But I think from now on I will always have a smartphone and tablet.
151. dreddserious posted on 17 Dec 2012, 19:01 0 0
Smart phone for sure, it has everything in one and I can carry it with me everywhere! That being said, I have had my eye on the Note2...I did just buy a Kindle but only for the Free Time subscription I heard of on PhoneArena~!
153. LanceDavis posted on 17 Dec 2012, 19:14 0 0
I smartphone fits my lifestyle since it has mobile connectivity and is pocketable!
154. the_EDJ posted on 17 Dec 2012, 20:00 0 0
My tablet goes with me everywhere now. If I had to choose, I'd opt for my tablet. My phone is now the last resort if I can't connect to wi-fi.
155. Su-Rio posted on 17 Dec 2012, 20:41 0 0
a smart phone, always on the go, and having a smart phone gets me, friends and family together just about whenever something important comes up
156. sab9000 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:05 0 0
Smartphone all the way, I am typically moving around without much more than regular sized pockets to which a tablet would not fit into, and when I'm not I'm using a laptop to play games that require keyboard controls or hefty dedicated GPUs or occasionally type of long emails.
157. elena1509 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:15 0 0
Smartphone because I make a lot of calls and always on the go
elena150980 at yahoo dot com
158. randeepsamra posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:21 0 0
A Tablet, as I drop my phone a lot. Tablet seems perfect device.
159. psipher posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:38 0 0
a smartphone, it's just more portable than a tablet.
160. BlindTurtle posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:10 0 0
Tablets are better, bigger screen, easier to read text, less zooming-in and out.....
161. SMoKeDoUt_J posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:41 0 0
The tablet would fit me better since I travel a lot
162. Defender0802 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:56 0 0
I would say a smartphone by far. I dont own a tablet but i use other peoples and i just see so much more use in a smartphone.
163. najariner posted on 17 Dec 2012, 23:13 0 0
a smartphone would. because im always on the go
164. tmoobc posted on 18 Dec 2012, 00:58 0 0
A smartphone fits my lifestyle better. It's pretty much a mini tablet anyway...
165. coochang77 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 01:29 0 0
A smartphone! i need the portability of fitting in my pocket!
166. bknight5555 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 02:14 0 0
Smart phone: As it offers more portability albeit a large screen (atleast 4.5" and max 5")
167. masterchina posted on 18 Dec 2012, 02:30 0 0
Tablet by a hair, it keeps my 5yr. Old busy.
168. hawk8509 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 02:49 0 0
I am always on the go and I write a lot for my tech blog and having a tablet so I can take notes and write articles on the go would make my life easier and could help me improve my blog by giving more chances to write and edit. I would make full use of the Kindle Fire HD.
169. autopilot posted on 18 Dec 2012, 03:01 0 0
overall a smartphone would fit my life better as its more easily accessible and mobile (I can bring it anywhere without much issues) where as the tablet will be a bit harder to bring around. With that being said, since I already have a good smartphone, the tablet would be NICE :D
170. KingKurogiii posted on 18 Dec 2012, 03:05 0 0
a Smartphone because i always try to downsize and travel as light as possible.
171. vantenkiest posted on 18 Dec 2012, 03:16 0 0
Smart phone ... Tablets are by far too big to be of use to me. A laptop is what i have for true mobile computing. Tablets just arent where they need to be for me to make that switch.
Smartphones. awesome light weight fits in my pockets, does nearly everything I need it to do. weather it be GPS translations ( i find myself using translation apps very very often) and making sure my fiancee is having a good day. Phone calls just make this portable device even sweeter.
172. portofmiami posted on 18 Dec 2012, 03:35 0 0
A smartphone fits my lifestyle better, since I am more likely to have it with me.
173. jeremya99 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 05:00 0 0
A smartphone since it has everything a tablet offers minus the bigger screen. It is more portable and convienent to use on the go.
174. deepaksgawande posted on 18 Dec 2012, 05:20 0 0
Simply a smartphone due to its portability, i can carry anywhere that too in my pocket and i can use it by one hand also where a tablet cannot be handled by a single hand without putting it down.
175. fistigons posted on 18 Dec 2012, 06:57 0 0
I've been surviving without a smart phone for awhile. My first gen iPad gives me all the same apps as the iPhone except in a higher quality. Plus having huge battery life helps alot. Now if i won a smarthphone that may change especially after I move to the UK this winter. Might need a handy translator for those Brits.
176. johnnybe posted on 18 Dec 2012, 07:13 0 0
Smart phone for sure. Needs to be able to be put in a pocket.
177. networkdood posted on 18 Dec 2012, 07:14 0 0
I like to play games and watch videos/movies and on a phone the viewing is just too small. A 7-inch tablet fits my hand great and I can watch stuff comfortably.
178. Man_of_God posted on 18 Dec 2012, 07:25 0 0
Phone... I need to be able to talk in addition to all of the things I do on my smart device... A tablet allows for easier reading, but it lacks the portability of my smartphone.
179. scorpio85 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 08:01 0 0
A smartphone, I hate carrying around anything at all with me. Now for a roadtrip or at home a tablet isn't so bad.
180. Nick040489 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 08:20 0 0
A smartphone. It's more mobile. Plus if I had a tablet I would have to pick up my phone to make calls anyway ha