Giveaway: Kindle Fire HD + HTC One V + AUVIO Elite Series headphones
0. phoneArena 21 Dec 2012, 07:55 posted on
As promised, we're continuing with the giveaways this month with yet another one made possible by the awesome folks from RadioShack. This week's giveaway will make one of our readers extremely happy thanks to the marvelous bundle we've prepared for them, which includes a smartphone, a tablet and a pair of headphones to make every experience with their new gadgets even better...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
61. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
A tablet that folded down to smartphone size would be best, as I like the pocketability of the phone, but the screen size of the tablet. I had a tablet, realized I looked like a goof carrying it around with me (as well as putting up a social wall, notably a physically and mentally larger one than a phone) and sold it.
62. chopinsky (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Definitely a smartphone. Bringing a tablet won't shake off you phone from the 'must-check' list before going out. There're so many 'tablet' things that a smartphone can do just fine, what if it's really important or so delicate? Go to your laptop.
63. cheltona (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Definitely a smartphone. I am on the go too much to carry around something that doesn't fit in my pocket. Tablets are just kind of awkward and only useful on planes or while sitting at home on my couch in front of the TV.
64. miikeyroks (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Feb 2009)
A smartphone fits better for me because it allows me the versatility to stay productive on the go, but the compactness to not be a pain to carry.
65. lesterdtally (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
A smartphone better fits my lifestyle due to its still compact size to allways carry around.
66. iCandy (Posts: 46; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Smartphone. Far more mobile than a tablet and a better complement to my laptop.
67. burnik (Posts: 13; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Definitely smartphone. I don't like to carry a tablet around wherever I go. Just a phone will do.
68. Redspider713 (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
A smartphone fits my lifestyle better because I tend to stay on the go and I always need some way to communicate/ see whats going on in the outside world.
69. palmguy (Posts: 554; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
A smartphone fits my life better because I'm so mobile and need a device that can be just as mobile.
70. imutau (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Smart Phone. Its just more portable and with the newer ones being bigger and with better specs (phablets) it's no brainer.
71. nodnarb (Posts: 35; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
As a college student, my smartphone fits my lifestyle better. I am always on the go and my smartphone is always convenient for me to use around campus. Whether it's checking email, weather, assignments posted by my professors, listening to music, or playing games in between classes, my smartphone is there for me at any time of the day. Although a tablet is great for replacing a laptop or for taking notes, I still enjoy taking handwritten notes and therefore have less need for a tablet than a smartphone.
72. skidrain41 (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
A smartphone. Portability is key and tablets are still just too big for full time carry. I am enamored with the rise of the phablet though.
73. wreckandrule (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
The smartphone is the one thing that is with me more often than any other.
74. lacrossebowler (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Dec 2012)
Smartphone that acts like a tablet so i need to only carry one device
75. lembocoug (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Smart phone. Fits in my pocket so I can take wherever I go. Although the tablet sure is nice when chillin on the couch!
76. Ejazem (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
smartphone of course, it's easy to carry with everywhere you go, nowadays we have a lot of phones with big screens and those are almost like tablets !
77. nshogfan (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Wow great bundle. The smartphone is best because you need a phone for emergency purposes, not just leisure talk. You can also look up information on that phone. Tablets are cool, but they are limited, and they are huge....a hassle to carry around. I'd keep my tablet at home, but my smartphone is always with me.
78. AChackes (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Smartphone, it fits in my pocket. A tablet would be nice too, but if I had to pick one, a smartphone can be with me at all times.
79. brokenchains (Posts: 17; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Smartphone tends to fit my lifestyle better. I have my Macbook, which isn't quite as portable or maybe even as convenient as a tablet but it does its job. I like that I can take my phone anywhere, take photos, browse the internet, and contact people with it.
However, I have been really interested in a tablet lately and its something I would give a shot. Reading ebooks and watching movies on it would be pretty nice.
80. c1nnamon (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Smartphone, because its always available. I don't take my tablet with me everywhere I go like I do with my phone.
81. trixiesa1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Smartphone. I currently have both, but definitely use my phone more often than my tablet. My phone is always with me as opposed to the tablet that I sometimes carry.
82. jgk1979 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
smartphone for sure, since it's always there. tablets are great too though.
83. mobaar (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Smartphones are much easier to keep on hand at all times. Tablets are great, but not as convenient.
84. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
I need a smartphone first because its easier to carry around.
85. LordDavon (Posts: 135; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
With phones like the Galaxy Note II, I am glad I don't need to make the choice. But, if I were able to put voice calls on a tablet, it would be my overall choice. The need to multitask, and have the screen real-estate, is why it fits me best. As an IT professional, I have mobile needs, in order to support the systems I work with.
86. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
A smartphone. It does everything a tablet does & more. I have the Galaxy Note II. My friends call it a tablet anyway.
87. newuser1 (Posts: 257; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
smartphone would be good, because it is easy to carry. I expect a big screen and high resolution, 5 inch full HD.
88. dheydrick (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Smartphones fit my lifestyle better because a tablet doesn't fit in my pocket.
89. ohdbee (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I have both an android smartphone and tab, but I'm all about my phone. For me, it's just more convient
90. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
What fits my style better? Right up until I got the Nexus4 I would have said my tablet. I do a lot of news, book, ect reading. I had an SGS1 and my LG G-Slate ( on CM10). The G-slate was definitely the better device for reading due to its size.
Now that I have the Nexus4, I find myself reaching for my phone more than my tablet for news article reading and such. The higher density screen is just more pleasing to the eye. I still use my tablet quite a bit though, but its now more of the secondary device it should be instead of a primary reading device. Its still nicer when viewing full web pages that im not going to be commenting on, due to the screen size.
So, honestly, I'd say its a toss up depending on what I'm doing. But due to the fact that I could go without a tablet long before I went without a full featured smart phone, I'm going to have to side with the smartphone. Its hard to argue against the pocket convenience + power/options that a good smartphone brings to the table.