Giveaway: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo headphones and Werx iPhone 4S/4 screen replacement kit
0. phoneArena 28 Jul 2012, 02:13 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! This time we're teaming up to offer you the unique opportunity to win the wonderful Beats by Dr. Dre Solo headphones, as well as a Werx screen replacement kit for your iPhone 4S/4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
252. sta27 (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Hello, I have not broken a screen yet... which is quite amazing given how much strain I put my devices on.
253. swchrisc (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I didn't break my iPhone's screen, but my friend did, and had asked me to replace it for him. I used a pentalobe screwdriver, a flat head (same size as the pentalobe), a paper clip (to remove the sim tray), nylon wedges, and a small pocket knife. Replacing the front screen is a delicate and arduous procedure; you basically have to disassemble the entire phone. It doesn't take long though, as I took about 15 minutes to replace the screen. I pray that everyone is not unfortunate to ever crack or break the front screen, iPhone or not.
255. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I ordered a replacement one actually. It was from my Nokia 5530, and I reinstalled it.
256. Dkinard (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Wow this would be awesome. I have a cracked screen now on my 4s and those replacements on Amazon seem cheap. Keep up the good work Phone Arena!
257. boblight (Posts: 84; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Hias... i'll never win this with my N8. Dropped 3 floors down, hit the gratings, and the screen came out smiling.
258. dmazr (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I just busted the screen on my Nexus S. For now, my phone is MIA because I don't want to look at it.
259. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
I've Scratched my phone screen but ive never cracked it thank god. I'll have to be careful with my next upgrade because the screen is really fragile.
260. RogerRamjet (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
I have never broken screen...I always use cases and screen protectors.
261. sfevilie01 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of a low budget smartphone by just dropping it. I didnt have the money for a new one, so i scotch tape to cover the cracks.
264. chrisjdon (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
cracked my screen by dropping when i was coming out the car, ended up using my wife's upgrade since apple was charging me $200 to fix it.
265. xXMAKESHIFTXx (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I switched to Sprint, when I shattered my Thunderbolt and now own the EVO 4G LTE, the Beats headphones would greatly compliment my phone as the service leaves something to be desired!
266. Loafers (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Yes I've broken a screen by dropping it in a swimming pool. I tried soaking it in rice for a few days to get rid of the water behind the screen but the screen was still cracked.
267. tll84 (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Unfortunately, I am among the group that has broken a screen. Dropped my phone on a tile floor, I tried to catch it on the way down.....but in reality all I did was hit it and cause it to fall even faster/harder. Landed face down so I couldn't see the damage right away, but by the sound of the impact I knew it was't good. Completely shattered. Fortunately, I had insurance on the phone, so it was only $100 deductible to get it replaced. On the positive side, I ended up with an extra charger and microSD since all they require you to send back is the phone itself. #silverlining
268. j.m.munoz (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Fortunately, I have yet to break my screen. However, my friend broke the screen on his EVO and i took a screen from another that didn't turn on.
269. joonyboy (Posts: 41; Member since: 11 Nov 2010)
Have never broken a screen before and hopefully it stays that way! :O
270. TheCastled0 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I have broken my 4S screen before. I was at Six Flags Magic Mountain with my buddies, and the screen got a GIANT scratch on it when I took it out of my friends backpack after going on a ride. It's ironic how my screen broke when i was just trying to protect it by not taking it with me on a ride lol.
271. hova3699 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
never broke the screen but if I get the message that I won the contest I just might Lol
272. agentoj (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
Only broken the screen on my Evo once. Had asurion replace the screen.
273. owld3n (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I don't ever recall breaking a screen on my phones... but I'll break one if that's what it takes to win!!
274. pduffey (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I've never broken the screen of my phone, but I've watched a lot of other people do it. Guess I'm just lucky
275. theking45 (Posts: 8; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Galaxy Nexus.... Dropped at bar.... We have all been there right?
276. jdot104 (Posts: 58; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I have broken the screen on my old phone (a Samsung Captivate) once before. I took it to my local U Break I Fix store and they patched it up perfectly! As always, thanks to PhoneArena for the giveaway!
277. amazinghorse (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
I has broked my screen. I wish I could quit you.
279. lunga (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I DROPPED MY IPHONE AND THE SCREEN WAS BROKEN ALL ACROSS BUT THE PHONE WAS STILL FUNCTIONAL, I DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE BUT I COULD EASILY HAVE SENT IT FOR REPAIRS BUT I FIGURED IT WOULD BE WAY TOO LONG FOR ME TO BE WITHOUT MY PHONE, SO I AM STILL USING MY PHONE I DON'T SEE MYSELF WITHOUT A PHONE FOR MORE THAN 5 DAYS I AM SO ATTACHED TO MY PHONE, A DAY WITHOUT IT I WOULD LOOSE MY MIND BUT THIS 72 HOURS DOESN'T SEEM TOO BAD, I THINK MOSTLY THE ONLY TIME I WILL EVER FIX THIS SCREEN IS WHEN I AM DUE FOR AN UPGRADE AT THE END OF THE YEAR AND I'VE HAD THIS BROKEN SCREEN FOR 6 MONTHS NOW. (LOL)
282. sharada (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
I love my phones,,I've never broken my screen
283. BladePXE (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
I broke the screen on my Evo 4g, I just sent it back through insurance and got a new phone in 2 days.
284. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I have not broken my screen, however I have submerged my phone in a pool whist trying to save a drowning child. True story.
285. saneiros (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
I water damaged my HTC Evo. I paid my insurance on it ($100) they shipped one out. I got it activated at my local Sprint store. Well go figure it was just my luck that about an hour later I dropped my replacement Evo and shattered the screen. I sure as heck wasn't about to pay another $100 to replace this one! Since I hadn't yet shipped out my water damaged Evo I figured I would do some googling on how to replace a shattered screen. I found a great video that showed me exactly how to remove a digitizer (that's the glass part of the phone). I went to the hobby store picked up a few tools to complete the job. I literally scrapped the glass off of the shattered screen. I then used a hair dryer to heat the water damaged screen up to the point were I was able to use the scrap tool to pry it off. I then put it on the replacement Evo. Wow I was totally stoked that I was able to do that all myself!!!
286. alj34 (Posts: 38; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I have not broken my screen yet but I would panic if I did
287. fishma2 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
I was texting from my phone when my condo security door hit my phone and the phone feel flat face down and shattered the display. I bought a replacement screen on eBay and that was a bust so I ended up going to a local place that I heard replaced screens. Screen isn't the same but works.
288. magonzo (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
I did break the screen on my Palm Pre. To fix it, I chucked it at the ground.
289. tahirgholizadeh (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
ived dropped my phone and broke the screen stepped on one of my phones by accident...another took a car running over it...this would give me alot more life out of my phones because im accident prone :/ in all cases ive never replaced the screen because i didnt know you were able to at the time and it seemed farfetched to me
290. Estaban52 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
oh yes!!!! I called my insurance and got a replacement
291. shengxuan (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Buy monster beats headphones:http://www.monsterbeatsdeal.co
292. tll84 (Posts: 13; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Unfortunately, I am among those who have broken my phone screen by dropping it. Fortunately though, I had insurance on it and was able to replace the phone with only $100.