Giveaway: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo headphones and Werx iPhone 4S/4 screen replacement kit
0. phoneArena 28 Jul 2012, 02:13 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! This time we're teaming up to offer you the unique opportunity to win the wonderful Beats by Dr. Dre Solo headphones, as well as a Werx screen replacement kit for your iPhone 4S/4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
186. Sakmann67 (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 May 2010)
You can run a red light. I'll buy that for a dollar.
187. RayA805 (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Yes. I did not have insurance so it's still cracked.
188. ghostsalwayswin (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Yeah, I have had my screen crack AND have my back-lights fail. It was a bummer and I didn't know of any good alternative to fixing it. I waited for a month and got a new phone for my birthday .
189. Aceswild99 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I had an LG Dare on Verizon. I dropped my phone on the street while running for a bus going to work. It was annihilated to the point I knew what the inside of a touch screen phone looked like. I got a replacement from Verizon because of my insurance plan. Win win
190. garrick4090 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Yes I have broken the screen of my iphone 3g. I dropped my phone face first on the concrete without a phone case. I fixed it by buying a cheap replacement screen, and using Youtube to help me through the process.
191. BrandonR (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
When I broke my screen I bought a new one on ebay, then i manualy tried to do it with youtube. When i put the phone back together i turn it on and was happy until the ear speaker didt work. :( :( :( then i took it to warranty exchange and got a new one luckly:), but next time i will pay to fix. Anyways I visit this website periodicly everyday and love it :)
192. Willverine (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
WOO! have yet to break a screen, thank you ballistic cases...
193. Sped24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen on my old Iphone 4 I didn't have a warranty then so I had to fix it or pay like 400 dollars I googled how to replace the screen ordered the necessary parts and voila after a good hour or so IT was GOOD AS NEW
194. Grazingfire (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
I am one of the lucky ones, no I have never broken my screen on any of my smartphones but I'm sure after this post I'll drop it in the parking lot.
195. tttc24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen on my iPhone 4 and took it to a store inside the mall that repairs them.
196. Pudds (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 May 2012)
I have never personally broken a display but I have done replacements of digitizers for quite a few friends. Mainly on the HTC Incredible but also on an Atrix which was a pain to do. When I do its usually purchased from Amazon.
197. papajohn (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
i've never broken a screen on my phone. Maybe some bad scratches but that's all
198. SMoKeDoUt_J (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
After having my phone for a year I dropped it outside. I filed an insurance claim and was sent a new phone the next day.
200. NewWireless (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I just bought a whole new phone and extended my contract! Dre Beats Please!!!
201. mr_kutsu (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Throughout all of the years I have owned a phone I still haven't broken the screen. If I ever did I would buy a diy fix it kit since I don't mind taking things apart and fixing them.
202. digicon (Posts: 121; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)
I have never broken my screen either . If I did , I would probably just buy a new phone .
203. navylostboy (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
i broke my ipad screen :-/ went to a local shop got it back within 24 hours!
204. chris122 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
i've broken my phone one time i had accidently dropped it from my apartment window and it landed on the concrete floor the screen was all cracked and it would not turn on. luckly me i remember that i had bought insurance for the phone and took the phone back to were i bought it and they gave me a brand new one.
205. godzillagtr34 (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I could use a pair of these headphones
206. dman37 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I have only broken my phone's screen once because I try and take care of my gadgets as much as possible. Of course the one time I don't have a case on it, I drop it on the kitchen floor and pick it up to see the screen was shattered. I went ahead and ordered a replacement screen, but it didn't end up mattering because the phone was stolen the next week....clearly was not meant to have that phone.
207. lilwillie82 (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Haven't broken a screen yet (knock on wood)
208. KayPhl (Posts: 15; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I have not broken a screen yet, but with my luck, it just might happen now that I've entered this contest.
210. ncvzw (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Dec 2009)
I have broken my screen twice. the first time i was eligible to upgrade and the 2nd time i used ubreakifix and they replaced it for me for less than an insurance replacement.
211. Ksupowercat13 (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Unfortunately I have broken the screen of my phone, but I did nothing to try to fix it because I don't have the money to!!
213. defjam (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I did on an old SE phone and replaced it myself
214. radji (Posts: 16; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
My poor little Crackberry Curve was sitting next to me on my couch when I dropped the remote out of my hand. The remote landed on top of the phone, and I heard this jaw dropping CRUNCH! This was just a TV remote, it couldn't have cracked the screen I thought? Boy was I wrong. I had to replace the screen and the protective lens. Thank god FONLOGIX LLC had both. Only cost me $150 on top of the $200 I had already spent on the phone. I don't know how I would have fixed it if I wasn't so mechanically inclined...Nextel refused service since it was physically damaged. I'd only had the Curve for 3 months when this happened.
215. ewilliams1009 (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
No I haven't broken my screen yet... but it might happen
216. howardballer10 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I dropped my iphone 4 three weeks ago. I had it sitting on my lap in the car and when i went to get out, it hit the ground. The screen cracked so bad that i couldnt use it anymore. I had no clue that it was possible to send it in and get it fixed. That probably would have been cheaper. Instead I paid $170 to send it in the insurance and get a refurbished one. I received the new one last week. I didnt have the money to get a case yet and yesterday i dropped my new phone! I can still use it but it has a really bad crack. This giveaway would be so helpful to repair my phone and not have to come up with another $170. I would greatly appreciate it.
217. blazee (Posts: 384; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I shattered the screen on my D2 but never really got it fixed, instead I bought a brand new galaxy nexus!
218. aquariumdude (Posts: 40; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
I have never broken my screen but if i had to i would have a friend fix it for me for free!
220. Vizard_Uzumaki (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I've never actually broken a screen on any phone, but I did scratch the hell out of my old LG Chocolate 2. I could never hold onto that phone at work...
221. nicholassss (Posts: 363; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I have a buddy who's handy with that sort of thing, but a junk phone of craigslist or ebay and he swaps it out.
222. E.N. (Posts: 2577; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I have not broken the screen of any of my phones, but it could happen...maybe next year, maybe tomorrow, lol.
223. kenqng (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Never broken my phone screen before. I baby all my phones :)
224. tiktik (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Yes I have.
I dropped my Bionic, then the screen cracked. I bought some parts online and tried to fix it my own,.... didn't work it out that well. So my solution is to buy another new phone :)
225. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I broke the screen on my old Samsung Intercept, but I didn't fix it because that phone was a piece of crap out of the box.
226. suricool (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
iPhone screen cracked and I never fixed it
228. icolt37 (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I have yet to break a screen yet but if I ever do this would help me out
229. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
No I've never broken a screen of a phone but have scratches
231. bagsofcole (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 May 2009)
Haven't broke an iPhone screen yet, but if I did I would fix it myself with parts from eBay. Because that's what I do. I fix things.
233. WhoHa123 (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Sure did. Broke my iPhone 4s screen, had it in my shirt pocket and it got hit by a baseball when I was playing catch with my brother and not paying attention at the time he threw it. Went on youtube to learn how to replace it, ordered the screen off of ebay and boom, new screen for a whole lot cheaper than having Apple repair it.
234. Gipsygod (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I have broken the screen of my samsung galaxy s1 the first time, small crack, then on the second drop the whole screen got cracked so i went to a nearby shop to get it fixed and i did , now with my samsung galaxy s3, i was stupid enough to take it to the beach and got scratches on the screen so i just slapped a screen protector on it.
235. ghostkilla1388 (Posts: 50; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
I havent broken my phone screen yet *runs to knock on wood* but i have bought a phone with a cracked screen and replaced it using some videos online and some technical skill.
236. Mongre (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Dec 2010)
I've broken my Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) after asking a girl to go to prom with me. I guess I was excited enough to drop my phone, which is rare. I ordered a replacement screen from eBay and tried to do it myself, but did something wrong and broke the phone :(
237. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Yes, Bought a new one. teared down my phone with the help of iFixit and slap a new screen into it
239. thenoodge (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
i broke the screen on my evo 4g and just put it in a otterbox defender so i didnt cut my finger also broke the back of my 4s but just ordered a replacement off of amazon luckily i havent broke the fron yet knock on wood
240. smartcelladam (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Good ol' Scotch Tape did the trick to hold me over. but didn't last too long.
And of course getting your screen replaced isn't cheap.
242. paulyyd (Posts: 329; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
When I cracked my screen, I took it to te apple store and they replaced it for free!
244. trayes77 (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I never broke my phone's screen, I try to take every preventative measure not too! Knock on wood! Hanks for the contest!
245. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Haha ive broken a screen before. it sucked. I would love to get picked for this. To future proof my device! haha
246. jalva30 (Posts: 14; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Well I have had my iPhone screen broke. But I didn't do it I've never broken a screen before lol. I have dropped it were the screen went.black. I use WERX TO fix my screen when my Mom dropped it. And the second time I took it too APPLE and they gave me a new one!!
247. mettec (Posts: 13; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Wow! This giveaway could not have come at a better time. My kids mother just received a Galaxy S3 a couple of weeks ago and last week she had an unfortunate mishap. She put her phone in her book bag and later when she took a book out to read the phone came out as well and hit the side of a curb and cracked the screen.
The phone still functions good but you can see the cracks across the sceen when the screen is dark. She opted to have no insurance on the phone since she has never had any before. So I suggested that she get an Otter Box Commuter case which will protect it from any other falls and since it comes with a screen protector that might keep the phone's screen from possibly cracking further. So that is what she did but would it would be nice for her to have a new screen instead.. Since she doesn't know about this site and we get along well for our kids I thought this might be a nice thing to do for her.
251. mettec (Posts: 13; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Crap! just now noticed it was for just the Iphone. That's what I get for not reading the acticle better. Oh Well.
248. CelluJoe (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I've never broken my phone screen, but if I'm rockin out on my new Beats headphones I'm sure I'll probably drop my phone.