Giveaway: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo headphones and Werx iPhone 4S/4 screen replacement kit
0. phoneArena 28 Jul 2012, 02:13 posted on
It's once again giveaway time for RadioShack and PhoneArena! This time we're teaming up to offer you the unique opportunity to win the wonderful Beats by Dr. Dre Solo headphones, as well as a Werx screen replacement kit for your iPhone 4S/4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
126. DSInger21 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Yes I have cracked my screen. So I put clear packaging tape over it and waited for my replacement.
127. govenar (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Yes. I didn't do anything about it, since it still works ok.
128. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Never. I always do my best to take care of my phone. Always have screen protectors. Always prevent them from dropping on hard floors.
129. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Broke my iPhone 4S back panel first which shattered instantly, and then a week later dropped the phone on its face again, which got smashed beyond recognition but still worked! Anyways, I couldn't bear to see it in that condition so initially I tried to get it fixed and checked out a couple of services like iRepair doc and others but finally got it replaced at the Apple store and bought an insurance to protect my beauty from future disfigurations. I just hope I never have to face it again with my at&t S2!
130. R.P.McMikey (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
I broke the screen of my iPhone 3G about a year and a half ago. Thankfully, I was ready for an upgrade and got the iPhone 4.
131. pats4thewin (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
ive never broken a screen thanks to otterbox, i even dropped my old evo 4g from a 3rd story building onto concrete when it was raining and it didnt have a scratch on it lol!
132. TheRequiem (Posts: 240; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
I once left my phone on the top of my car (a year ago) while I was getting into it, I was in a rush to get home. I'm driving down the highway doing 70 and I hear this massive "thump" on the back-end of my car. For a moment I had thought some kids had thrown a rock at my car, but then it dawned on me... it was my phone! I actually went back and found it, the screen was completely shattered, but the phone worked. I ended up selling the iPhone on eBay "as-is" for about $120, not bad. I then used that money and an upgrade to buy a brand new phone. I lucked out once, hopefully I can luck out twice.
133. bentkarma (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
When I had my iphone 3 g s I had my mom take a look at it and when I was showing her some pictures she dropped it face first so I thought I would so I thought I would leave it but then later on after other drops eventually I have to replace screen. unless you can't afford anot unless you can't afford another phone now I have a samsung galax now I have a samsung galaxy s 2 and I buy best screen protector for it and a case by far the best phone I have ever owned.
134. irvinkeith (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
I've broken my iPhone screen several times.
-one time i was using my finance's iphone to show her something while we were in the car. I got destracted by our convo and got out the car and heard the phone hit the ground. i felt bad and apologized for breaking her screen but she started laughing because it was actually my iPhone that was broken. my phone was sitting in my lap when i got out. Subconciously since i had an iPhone(her phone) in my hand then i didn't feel the need to do the usual "phone check" before exiting the car. once i found out it was my phone i spent the next hour and a half googling iphone repair places near me and i finally found one and it cost me $85 bucks up front but i had my phone back in 10 min. :)
135. Ronoc039 (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I have the cracked screen on two of my phones. Having a family members living abroad, I send my phones to them and they can get it fixed for as cheap as $15. However this is not always a garunteed success. I cracked the screen to phone 33 days after owning, 3 days outside of at&t's coverage. So naturally I sent the phone abroad and had it fixed. Unfortunately, they replaced my screen with a bootleg. The screen returned was only somewhat useful. It will go out at times and I will be forced to bend or twist to regain clarity in the screen picture. Although annoying, being broke this gets the job done...
136. hemp88 (Posts: 7; Member since: 29 Aug 2011)
The better question is, "Have you ever not cracked a phone screen?" I've cracked all of my phone screens going on 11yrs of cellular service. Its only a matter of time before my SGSII bites it...FML
137. ninjam83 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I broke a screen once. How i Fixed it ? Used my upgrade....
138. stevercpa (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
No breakage so far. But this would be a great insurance policy.
139. Austo94 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Crack running down the edge of my phone. That's what I get for not babying my phone the first week I got it
141. jknow129 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Broken a screen... YUP! slipped out of my hand and fell face first onto the pavement and ended up looking worse than the cover of 50 cents album get rich or die trying. I went on to amazon and bought a mirror blue replacement screen and followed the steps from a half hour long youtube video to install the new screen. after about 2 hours of unscrewing and rescrewing things back in and lying face first on the floor lookin the tiniest screw ever made that i dropped i successfully had a working blue iphone
142. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Yes I have....my solution was to send it into insurance. I got a replacement phone, then maybe a month later...my wife's washed said replacement that I forgot in my pocket...leading me to use my wife old flip phone :).
143. Oakley1423 (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Broke my screen on my Blackberry way back when...took into the Sprint Store and they replaced it for me :)
144. justawesome (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
yup i broke mine like a month ago and i just bought a new one -_- swagg
145. enemyisyou (Posts: 44; Member since: 04 Jul 2009)
Amazingly, I have not yet. I tend to keep my phones in an Otterbox though...
147. LxVincent (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
I sat on my phone with my fat booty and it broke.. It was a wake-up call for myself so I went to send it in to Samsung for repair and got a-hold of a gym pass while I was at it!
148. ikaros (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
yea i broke the screen of my iphone and was able to sell it $15 bucks, barely useable
149. JDNorthwest (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I've been fortunate that I haven't broken my screen but Seattle has a couple of places that specialize in glass repairs.
151. supadave (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Mar 2010)
I broke a screen once on the droid 1 and figured out how to repair it on YouTube and bought the display off eBay and replaced it myself at home.
152. purplelover04 (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
both are very fun items i could use thanks for the giveaway
153. SonyMan615 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Of course, most of us have! The way I fix mine was waiting for my contract to end so I can get a new phone with a new service. I finally have an iphone and guessed what happen 2 months later...... I dropped it on my dumbbells and cracked the sceen. FML!
154. KingNote (Posts: 15; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I broke my Evo 3D screen once, and almost wrecked my car to get to Sprint to replace it, serious business...
155. TraakG (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I have never broke my phone. but if i did, i would rub some bacon on it
156. buckiii2 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I haven't broken a screen but my wife has.
157. DonkeySauce (Posts: 194; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Haven't broken a screen, but the protection would be super nice! Beats headphones rock!
158. scorpio85 (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
Broke the screen on my Palm Pre, there was no way to fix it so I cried first and then purchased a new one.
159. ThaMan3210 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
My Droid X has been good to me. I have dropped it plenty of times but have never broke the screen.
160. nnbj92 (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
I have never broken my screen, but is will help if i ever do
161. ez31k (Posts: 45; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I've broken a screen once... I ended up selling the phone.. Don't like refurbs...
162. lancekik (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
i have never broken any phone screen i have ever had in the last 10+ years...
but would lus some Beats..
163. superdib23 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I dropped my galaxy s and the screen was completely done for. COuldn't fix it. Had to get a new phone =/
164. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
Yes i broke the scree on my Droid X and i went on Ebay and purchased a unit that was damaged and with a bad ESN for about 60 bucks and went ahead and googled how to replace the screen on that badboy and ended up using lots of super glue with some hammering away at the device and lots of screwing.
All in all kept me with working phone for another 9 months till Galaxy Nexus arrived at big red.
165. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Have you ever broken the screen of your phone and what did you do to fix it?
Answer: Fortunately, no, I have never broken the screen on my phone but I know of several people that has. Its an easy fix if you bring it to the pros.
166. Godzgoon (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Yes, I have cracked the corner of my screen but it wasnt that noticeable.
167. Sr2012 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
can i get some of that goodness.....beats by the DOCTOR...
168. Drewser123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I have never broken a screen yet, but I have seen a few iPhone cracked screens.
169. safetyfrog (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I left my phone on the rail of my pick up bed and if fell off and a large truck ran over my phone and the damage was minor considering what ran it over but the screen did crack in one corner.
170. suarez998 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
I have never broken my screen but if I did i would replace it through Worx!
171. jharo (Posts: 24; Member since: 08 Jan 2009)
Yup, broke my screen. I had the phone replaced with insurance.
172. huypaulha94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I have broken my Motorola Bravo's screen... I just left it as is though... Too much hassle LOL but now I have a new phone, so it's fine. Hoping this one won't break either!
173. e_photo867 (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 May 2012)
broke a 3gs getting out of the car, ending up changing the screen out myself and the battery too while i was at it.
175. chrisjdon (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
6 months ago i broke my iphone 4 screen and ended up using my wife's upgrade on my account for an iphone 4s since apple was charging me $200 to replace it
176. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
When I was an AT&T customer, I had a Samsung SGH-A177. It was a nice little feature phone, thanks to it's Blackberry-like looks and fantastic keyboard that got me attention. I was going to the bus lot at my school and I was carrying my phone in my hand. Somehow, I had dropped the phone on the ground, where there were rocks and I quickly picked it up. Sad to say, my screen was cracked.! However, come to find out, the phone was working just fine and could still be used. I didn't get it fixed because I ended up getting another phone (LG Prime), but the solution I come up with for my broken screen was to just put the screen back in place where there were cracks. Sure, it looked ugly, but the phone was still functional and it was only temporary. :P
177. tech-blast (Posts: 17; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I never broke my smartphone screen till date, but like music a lot. So Beats are welcome!
178. AdamW33 (Posts: 39; Member since: 25 Aug 2011)
Yes I broke a sceen and I bought a new phone.
179. SF_Steven (Posts: 12; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
So far (fingers crossed, throwing salt over my shoulder, knocking on wood) I haven't broken my phone screen but having this replacement kit would really ease my mind. There have been some near-misses...
181. Alistair (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 May 2011)
thank god for a great case, because i would have broken my phones screen everyday.
182. CWBAlfredo (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
No broken screens for me so far. My friend lost the entire back panel of his iPhone though and he just covered the back in multicolored duct tape. Personally, I thought it was a nice look.
183. nicknc08 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I've broken a screen once and when that happens you're left with crappy choice number one, or crappy choice number two.
If you're lucky enough to have insurance on the phone (I.E. Asurion) then you have the choice to pay 100 to 170 for a phone that has been "refurbished" aka "thrown together with bits and scraps from who knows what phone". Otherwise, the other choice is to take it to a phone fix company, or a DIY screen replacement kit. These are easy to mess up and generally end up sucking worse than the screen was when it was cracked.
Bottom line, protect it with a case and cross your fingers that it doesn't happen to you.
184. Synfin (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
This sounds like another cool gieaway . I could use the headphones nad save the screen repair for the next despair.
185. brett0917 (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Yes, I have broken my screen before and just used my insurance to replace my phone.