Giveaway: Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Dec 2012, 08:08
It's the holiday season and it's time for giveaways! This time, thanks to our openhearted partners from Radioshack, we'll be presenting one of you with a brand new AT&T iPhone 5 and an Otterbox Commuter Case to help you keep it looking new...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
480. persaun904 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 16:19 0 0
My favorite type of protective case is the Ballistic SG MAXX Series Case is because it provides 4 layers of protection for your phone and it includes a screen protector that will protect your phone from serious damages.
481. nodnarb posted on 14 Dec 2012, 16:31 0 0
My favorite type of case is one that is solid and sturdy without sacrificing the slim factor too much. It does not have to protect my phone from every and any potential impact, as I am not naturally that clumsy. Therefore, I usually buy cases that are a hybrid of hard plastic and some softer material (such as rubber). I sure do love the otter commuter, it's durable and less bulky than the defender!
482. radji posted on 14 Dec 2012, 16:41 0 0
Turtleback Rugged case has to be the best case ever manufactured. I've seen one go thru a crusher and while the phone was squished, the case survived without a rip or tear.
484. dmdjp posted on 14 Dec 2012, 17:01 0 0
I really like the less bulky ones. They provided protection yet doesn't turn your phone into a tank. Some of these phones are already big as it is.
485. idgaf posted on 14 Dec 2012, 17:10 0 0
Casemate Barely There. They look good and protect the phone.
486. thestickfigure posted on 14 Dec 2012, 17:16 0 0
My favorite case would have to be the otterbox defender for my iphone 4. While I'm very good when it comes to keep my phone safe from drops and scratches during everyday activities, I do a lot of extra stuff that when I have my phone with me, I need that extra sturdy protection. I like to mountain bike and even though I carry my phone in a pack, you never know what can happen, and I like that it has the built in screen protector. Sure there is the occasion when little specs of lint or whatever get into the case, but its a small inconvience to have the crazy protection it offers.
487. badfishie posted on 14 Dec 2012, 17:29 0 0
I dont use protective cases. I never have and have never had an issue with my phone dropping
488. bonsly16 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 17:55 0 0
What if I chose not to wear a protective case. I like mine naked :)
489. ramirodomo posted on 14 Dec 2012, 17:58 0 0
My favorite case is otterbox! Even though they might like bulky. There the best case to protect a phone for 2 long yeaaars.. :D
490. 19and6 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 18:23 0 0
I like slim, dual layer cases that also provide a little bit of drop protection, like the BodyGlove tactic or the Speck candyshell.
491. xy.george posted on 14 Dec 2012, 18:25 0 0
a cover with an additional built-in battery. mophie is too expensive though.
492. Mkondrak posted on 14 Dec 2012, 18:55 0 0
Favorite case? how about none. That's right i like my phones naked.
494. Jr7188 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:02 0 0
I love my Otterbox ReFlex case that i have on my phone right now. the case it lightweight and slim still gives me the dual protection that Otterbox is known for. I love otterbox
495. M-Hag posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:04 0 0
A bumper is my favourite one because it protects the sides and protects my phone
496. DontHateOnS60 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:11 0 0
Depends on the phone. The OEM Nokia case for the Lumia 900 is really nice, but so is the Seidio Active. That's a great case when coupled with the holster for running and biking. The kickstand is awesome too, and I love how I can feel out the buttons so easily.
Incipio's NGP and Case-Mate's Barely There are both awesome as well, and if the NGP is designed properly, which in the case of my 900, it wasn't it would easily be my favorite since it offers great protection and easily slides in and out of the pocket, plus it has button overlays making them easy to find.
497. R9V9L posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:13 0 0
My Favorite Case is the Otter Box Defender, altough Otter Box is not water proof it has a great drop resistances, many options in colors and styles; Defender, Commuter, reflex and Impact. also the fact that they include screen protectors it makes them a great overall company.
499. DMANinc97 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 19:49 0 0
i like the speck covers mainly because they look awesome and they don't engulf your phone while till keeping it safe haha
500. kickinbass posted on 14 Dec 2012, 20:18 0 0
Otterbox case Defender series duh. Otterbox is the business and all who try to duplicate. Sorry. There is my 2 cents. Hope I finally win. Need a new device. Still rocking the Drois Eris
504. fireredak posted on 14 Dec 2012, 20:46 0 0
I really like the otterbox cases, they are tough and the company stands behind their product!
True story, my co worker fell off the back of a truck 10 feet to the ground and landed on his iphone that was in his otterbox defender case on his side, no damage to the phone at all, cant say the same for him though!
505. orangeapple posted on 14 Dec 2012, 20:52 0 0
My favorite protective case would have to be the otterbox, I've had the defender on my iphone 4 for at least 2 years now. had to buy another one after I left the case outside and my mom ran it over :P recently I've swtiched to a lifeproof case though, and so far really liking it! thanks PA for all the awesome give aways and reviews!
506. jdot104 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 21:18 0 0
I love the hybrid TPU & gel case. Some of them are cheaply made but they're stylish and efficient. Thanks for the giveaway Phone Arena!
507. medwar1 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 21:22 0 0
My favorite case is life proof case because I tend to be very clumsy.
508. skim14401 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 21:38 0 0
I like barely there cases by casemate. No bulk and stylish
510. skim420 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 22:35 0 0
silicone on the inside hard plastic on the outside. double the protection
511. aclsmb posted on 14 Dec 2012, 22:35 0 0
My favorite case is the Mophie Battery Case because it's durable, relatively compact for its function, looks good, and of course, extends the battery life of my phone very nicely!
512. biglou508 posted on 14 Dec 2012, 22:50 0 0
My favorite cases are belkin the reason why is that they offer good protection not as great as outterbox but better than others and there very stylish even beautiful
513. GTEmpire posted on 14 Dec 2012, 23:27 0 0
Has to be Lifeproof case. It has a great protection from anything you through at it. Wish I could win.
514. nexus posted on 14 Dec 2012, 23:35 0 0
My favorite case is the otter box defender bedside it looks sick, and protects tthee iPhone really well.
515. pt71086 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 00:07 0 0
No problems with the previous Otterboxes I've had, which I guess is the best that you can say for cases!
516. appanji posted on 15 Dec 2012, 00:10 0 0
i think the best one is speck cases, all the way, i dropped the phone many times but speck cases saved it all the time, so 100% to speck
518. AwesomeEngineer posted on 15 Dec 2012, 00:53 0 0
My favorite protective case would have to be the Otterbox Defender. I personally like the look and feel of the Defender. It still fits in my pocket easily also. Its a great case that I have had since day 1 of my phone.
520. cnpthe3rd posted on 15 Dec 2012, 01:20 0 0
What is your favorite type of protective case and why?
Otterbox (the best otterbox available for what ever phone i have at the time) why is simple many many years ago in a galaxy far far away (well many years ago in a town just down the street) there lived this cool dude with the latest cool smartphone (the dude was me the phone i bought from a coworker already had this huge bulky case on it) i thought the first thing to do was get rid of this case but just never got around to it good thing cause a few weeks later the phone (case and all) went right out the car window onto the highway after what seemed like weeks of searching, (really was 10-20 minutes) i found the phone the case had huge gouges and skuffs but the phone was unhirt since that day the very first thing i do when i buy a phone is get an otterbox God bless Curt Richardson and all the fine floks at OtterBox.
521. GeekMovement posted on 15 Dec 2012, 01:57 0 0
haha i will give this to my friend who just jumped onto windows phone and at&t. but i would definitely say otterbox has some solid line of cases. Not attractive, but the point of cases is to protect the smartphone so bingo.
522. seen1001 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 02:09 0 0
I love my Ballistic case because I've dropped my phone many times and not one crack :D
523. ScelesticSteve posted on 15 Dec 2012, 02:30 0 0
My favorite kind of protective case is those that are made by iFrogz, Casemate etc. I like the ability for the sides and the back to be completely protected, while having the top and bottom of the phone fully exposed for easier access to all ports needed daily. Also, it keeps the phone thin and light weight. There are definitely more options out there for these, also including style and color.
524. belovedson posted on 15 Dec 2012, 02:54 0 0
otterbox because its the cheapest and most reliable protection
525. melan26 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 03:07 0 0
Nothing since I want to look at the phone as it is, but for storing it, I would use a sleeve just to protect it from dust and such.
526. veevans01 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 07:21 0 0
My wife has the commuter series on her iPhone whichworks ok but I like the Otterbox defender series because it really protects my phone.
527. michaelmoreno1983 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 08:18 0 0
I have had an otter box for all my phones in the past 3 years... When I go to resale the phone I get top dollar for them because the o b keeps them looking new!!!
528. johnnybe posted on 15 Dec 2012, 08:23 0 0
Otterbox because it actually protects from drops which is what happens most with me.
529. mtyrala posted on 15 Dec 2012, 10:02 0 0
The D30 cases are my favorite, not as bulky and still give excellent protection.
530. mtyrala posted on 15 Dec 2012, 10:04 0 0
D30 is my favorite type of case. Not too bulky, but still gives excellent protection.
531. trayvis33 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 10:37 0 0
Otterbox commuter, protection with out the bulk
532. dinzle posted on 15 Dec 2012, 11:21 0 0
The Taktik by Lunatik, literally indestructible. It is made from aluminum and corning gorilla glass. It is water proof and dust proof, you would never have to worry about breaking your phone again! Plus the silencer switch mechanism is based on a gun safety switch.
533. iDevice posted on 15 Dec 2012, 12:23 0 0
I DONT REALLY LIKE CASES BUT ON MY IPHONE 4 AND 4S USED TO LOVE MY APPLE BUMPER!
534. KurtDawg posted on 15 Dec 2012, 13:53 0 0
Otterbox because it provides the best protection. I like the commuter series better than the defender series.
535. gbaby1211 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 13:57 0 0
Otter box defe der... i'm a dropper. im prone to drops. i do a lot of action sports and i need a case that can stand that.
536. tkokoraki posted on 15 Dec 2012, 14:36 0 0
my favorite is the outerbox because it protects it from all kind of scratches which makes it awesome
538. metalspy101 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 16:24 0 0
i love my otter box case for ipad 4th gen..its very strong, all i know is my ipad is safe .
539. jcasta6433 posted on 15 Dec 2012, 16:50 0 0
OtterBox is my favorite case for iphone because when ever my case starts to brake a part i can just go get a new one at no cost. this is what makes them the best cases ever.