Giveaway: Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 08:08 posted on
It's the holiday season and it's time for giveaways! This time, thanks to our openhearted partners from Radioshack, we'll be presenting one of you with a brand new AT&T iPhone 5 and an Otterbox Commuter Case to help you keep it looking new...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
297. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My favorite case would be otterbox commuter case cuz it offers good protection for a phone but while still thick at least not as thick as defender.
298. danielhuynhh (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My favorite case is speck cases, because they look nice and protective of the phone.
300. Konaa (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I like the invisible shield, as it provides protection from most dangers, whilst keeping your phone looking as if nothing is on it.
301. rolemodel57 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Speck cases, soft gel on the inside hard on the outside, nice!
302. baozangan (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
My favorite one was a clear plastic full body case. Sadly I don't remember the exact name.
303. sab9000 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My favorite type of case would be soft TPU type cases with small parts of soft touch rubber for grips. TPU cases are usually inexpensive, don't interfere with reception and offer snug but very good protection against drops. However, they are usually quite slippery as well due to being so smooth, so if possible the addition of soft touch rubber stripes do wonders for adding grip to the protective case.
304. mrtim1 (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Otterbox would be the case to go with because of durablity. I had otterbox cases on two other phones and it saved them many times.
305. Man_of_God (Posts: 32; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
My favorite type of depends on the device... I like Lifeproof for my iPhone because it is waterproof. I like Casemate for my Note 2 because it is thin and I don't need the Note 2 any bigger. I like the Ballistic case for my GSIII because it is as rugged as an Otterbox, but not as thick... I like the Otterbox for my wifes iPhone because it is truly child proof for our children.
307. GoBears (Posts: 356; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
My favorite type of case is a sturdy tpu type case. Adds decent protection without too much added bulk. I always have an otterbox for every phone for those rough outings.
308. aldridhl (Posts: 50; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
Otterbox is built like a tank... it's my favorite for phone protection. If I wanted thin+light, i'd go for incipio feather series.
309. fussellino (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Otterbox commuter, got one now on my 4s and had one on my 3gs. They look good and protect well without the bulk.
310. PhonePhazer47 (Posts: 30; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
My favorite case would be a toss up between the Otterbox and Lifeproof. both offer good stable protection. one for water, other for outdoor toughness. my favorite would depend on what activity. .....
311. stiggy1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Nov 2008)
I don't have an iPhone, but for my phone i love the duel armor case with stand. As a mailman my phone is in the elements, gets dropped and so forth and this case has earned its keep in protecting my phone!
312. pantyryder69 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My favorite case for my phones is otterbox bc they are strong, durable, and high quality
313. ar2730 (Posts: 40; Member since: 24 May 2012)
Samsung Flip cover is perfect! It keeps your phones screen protected in your pocket or anywhere else without having to use a screen protector (I hate those things). Plus it keeps your phone looking like it should, and if you scratch that, then just buy a new one or use your original back. They aren't too expensive especially if you get them from China lol
314. mkluminous (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Favorite case is the D3O that Tmobile sells. Had many accidents dropping the phone saved by those cases. Love them!
316. Allister (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
Otterbox because it fits great and protects from falls.
317. CellularNinja (Posts: 303; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I like a full body skin the most. But as far as cases go I do prefer commuters over defenders and the like. because I care about styleee
318. GaIaxyS (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
I like the Otterbox cases because I like how they feel on phones & they're very durable & I like how it has the circle in the back so you can see the Apple symbol.
319. SnaptSchutt (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I have an otterbox for my evo3d but it's too bulky. I prefer having multiple cheap silicone bumpers plus an adhesive screen protector on the front + being extra careful not to drop. Between relative smallness in size and high resale value of Iphones, an otterbox or lifeproof is less intrusive and, more importantly, a wise *investment*.
320. KingCrow02 (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Nexus 4 bumper case because it protects and looks stylish.
321. cokm4n (Posts: 6; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I like the bumper-style cases the best. I hate adding too much bulk.
323. piratestation (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Lifeproof... protects from just about everything.
324. afnanrahman (Posts: 15; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
My favorite case is otterbox, because it protects the phone really well while also maintaining a stylish design.
325. willthebill (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
spigen bumper case along with GLAS.t screen cover.
If not otterbox commuter case is awesome after abusing my att captivate in it still looks brand new.
326. itreday (Posts: 68; Member since: 24 May 2012)
I don't like cases as much because I like to see the beauty of the iPhone which is so precisely made. But if I had to choose one it would be the poetic atmosphere case because it is transparent so it still exposes the look of the phone.
327. tomtrocc (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
OTTERBOX!! Nothing protects better than an OTTER!!
328. Su-Rio (Posts: 51; Member since: 05 May 2011)
slider cases! just slide on or off and either way your iphone is beautiful, and usually the cases are thin so they dont take much more room in a pocket.
329. tomtrocc (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
OTTERBOX!! Nothing protects better than an OTTER!!
330. juliusces (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
my favorite type of protective case is the Breeze Case by iforgz becuase it is made of TPU. It fits perfect on the device that shields for impact damage and scratches as well. I been having since my getting a iphone 4. winning a iphone 5 will still get the same one to protect it.
331. GeeDragon (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Otterbox coz its Otterbox!! your phone is inside a tank!!
332. ix3ph09 (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I have a diztronic matte back black flexible tpu case for my razr hd maxx and it is my favorite case for any phone so far. Fits the phone like a glove and has a very nice feel and protection to the phone without any bulk to it.
333. autopilot (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The Otterbox cases are my favorite cases as they have a couple options, and they protect your device well
334. tatnat (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I like the soft-touch/TPU hybrid cases the most because they're a nice balance between protection and style.
336. legend1 (Posts: 102; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
my fav is lifeproof because it's aaahhh... LIFEPROOF!!!!!!!!
337. ekaax (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Otterbox and Lifeproof! Both give much protection to basically against anything
338. Big.Dad.E (Posts: 7; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
My favorite type of case is one that has more protection at the corners, inner silicon sleeve, hard outer shell without adding too much bulk.
339. hunssca (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Otter box because you can throw it at a wallwith no problems
340. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
My favorite type of protective case is any type that would retain the same style of the phone he's design. That's because I really long for the protection of a case, just in case an accident occurs. But, since part of the phone buying process for me revolves around the phone's design, I would want something that retains that.
341. ashutos1997 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
My Favourite Type of Protective Case is The Water and Dust Proof one because It will keep my device safe from water and dust and will make my device last long
342. tresix5 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
otterbox because the rubber helps absorb any kind of impact from a fall, plus keeps ports nice and clean. Also I love the Zagg invisishields.
343. acewhales (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
The cheap $2 silicone cases you can find on ebay. Many colors, easy removal, feels nice, protects the phone, and keeps it relatively slim.
344. werzzmy40 (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
I would go with otter box only because I've used them on all my apple products and never had any damage to them and clumsy is my middle name lol but in all honesty I tried a life proof case. Well I was very disappointed
345. TheRequiem (Posts: 156; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Otterbox Commuter Cases - have always been my favorite cases forever. I buy them when they become available for every device I have. The thing is, I have probably saved hundreds of dollars in damaged equipment because ottbox protected my stuff. I had an HTC phone that I dropped from about 9 feet and all it did was bounce up, wiped the dirt off the case and it was fine. This would be awesome because my wife has been gnawing at me to get an iPhone 5, but I can't afford right now due to budget constraints. Otterbox is what she needs too, to proect her phone well.
346. frmrVZguy (Posts: 38; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
My favorite type of protective case isn't really a full cover or case, it's the protective band around the edges called a 'bumper'. These add a very tiny bit of width that keeps the front screen and back camera from touching a flat surface and avoiding scratches when it is set down. But they don't otherwise feel like they add thickness when held in the hand. So the phone still feels thin when carried in the pocket.
348. reklawj (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The Lifeproof has to be the best. Dropping something as small and fragile as my iPhone is tempting with this case!
349. notyou (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Generally I prefer some kind of minimal bumper-like case.
350. brokenchains (Posts: 17; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Speck cases are really nice because they are durable but don't add a lot of weight or thickness. The phones were made to have a good design and I don't want to ruin that with a giant case. Otterbox isn't bad, very tough stuff. Never seen Lifeproof
351. yt6nin (Posts: 100; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I have never owned an iPhone nor an Otterbox, but I have been wanting an Otterbox Defender case for my HTC Inspire 4G for a long time. I have a friend who preorded the 4S, and once he received the phone, he immediately went out to get a Otterbox Defender case. I have seen the case do all the work in protecting the phone from damages, and I think that Otterbox is a really great case, if not one of my favorites out there.
352. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
Favorite case is otterbox commuter. I have had it on my LG Ally, Droid X, Droid 2, Stratosphere, Droid 4, HTC Rezound, Droid Inc 2, Droid razr, and now my Droid razr Maxx,
My fiancee had it on her s3 and her note 2, her brother has it on his iphone 4.
353. LunchLadyU (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
I just got a Speck case and it has a secure grip in my hand and it is not bulky.
354. a_merryman (Posts: 675; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
My favorite for anything outdoors is the lifeproof case. Otherwise I stick to my otterbox defender.
356. twister250 (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
My favorite case is Diztronic. Slim yet full coverage, not slick or sticky.
357. Android802 (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
I really like the Seidio brand of cases. They are very strong, comfortable to hold, and they looks and feel great! I had one on my blackberry curve and as soon as my HTC Sensation came in the mail I ordered a case for it as well. I love them and would recommend them to anyone.
358. DarknezAvenger (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
My favorite is the otterbox gives the best protection and I don't have to worried to be careful with my phone and be scare of damaging it.