Giveaway: Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 08:08 posted on
It's the holiday season and it's time for giveaways! This time, thanks to our openhearted partners from Radioshack, we'll be presenting one of you with a brand new AT&T iPhone 5 and an Otterbox Commuter Case to help you keep it looking new...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
238. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I just like a plain basic case - 3.00 on Amazon - due to its price. Of course, I may reconsider if I win the fragile iphone 5.
239. DonkeySauce (Posts: 194; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
My favorite case is the Otterbox because those suckers are bullet-proof!
240. Relentless (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I've used Otterboxes on my iPhone 4 and Galaxy S3, and I like the overall design, but over time the rubber just feels like melted silly putty. My favorite protective case for either phone though are the Ballistic cases- Not too bulky and no slimey rubber feel.
241. IEatApples (Posts: 66; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
Seidio surface case because its a slim case with minimal bulk but great all around protection. Also the way they attach to the phone cool.
242. chrisjdon (Posts: 18; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Best Case is Otterbox Defender series, is the best protection for your phone all around and it has a very nice and mean look
243. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Mine would be the Otterbox Commuter for my Galaxy S2 - the most solid protection you can get for your device, and then the Casemate POP- just for that resilient kickstand
245. Hammerfest (Posts: 382; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Hands down, my favorite type of protective case is the Defender Series by Otterbox...
I have purchased one for almost every device I have owned!
I have tried other big names as well, even knock-off brands, but I keep coming back to Otterbox!
*HeroCDMA, HD2, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note, Evo Design 4G, Evo 3D, Droid 4, and probably more I cant remember, not to mention friends/family I have helped get one for their own devices!
246. ScottT_NC (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Anything that is slip and doesn't add bulk.
247. Mll4eveR. (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
as long as the case is thin but protective, it'd be my fav.
248. guregori (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Suitcase because I can keep not only a cellphone in it, but also clothes and other stuff. It also protects everything inside from being seen by thieves and in most cases provides protection from liquids.
249. RedTurnip (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Otterbox, because of its amazing durability.
250. dreign91 (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Life proof case because it's water proof. Best case out there
251. Digita1Cha0s (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Otterbox Commuter Case, because hopefully it will contain my new iphone 5
252. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
The type of case that is cheap and offers no real protection but offers a great grip and look to the phone.
253. johnnyk (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Lifeproof without a doubt! It simply withstands everything I can put it through
254. abchco123 (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
I've never owned an iphone but I want one sooooo bad, it would be the perfect Christmas present for me. And with a Musubo case it would look so cool (my sister has one). LOL Joooooon V and Phonearena pick meeeee pleeeaaaseee!!!!
255. slandy7 (Posts: 12; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I prefer silicon cases due to their small size
256. safetyfrog (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I like the otterbox commuter case because it isn't too big but proviides good protection.
257. warriorbeats (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
My favorite case is definately an ottorbox!! I love the protection
258. Grazingfire (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
Favorite is the commuter series the defender is too bulky and does not fit into your pocket.
259. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
My favorite type of protective case is just a little plastic/silicon one.
I like the ability to easily take it off when necessary. I like the grip of silicon cases, and I don't like anything bulky. Just something to prevent scratches and keep it safe from a drop.
260. ucancallmenickk (unregistered)
I really like the bumper cases, mainly because it doesn't totally cover the phone design.
262. faris_saati (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
none, it defeats the purpose of owning an elegant apple product.
263. TechDork (Posts: 285; Member since: 10 May 2010)
My favorite type of case has to be the Case-Mate Tough XTreme. Derived from the ever popular case, the Phantom (which is what I use on my iPhone 4 now), it has the ruggedness of an Otterbox while the keeping the profile of the phone slim & sleek. Not only does it give great protection, it looks pretty damn good overall as well :) It turns heads, definitely. The bold colors, the unique design, not bulky, secure fit. It's a great alternative to the Otterbox Defender.
264. gbmillenial (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I am a fan of bumper cases because they protect from most sources of screen damage (hitting the phone's corner) while still making the design viewable.
265. currybaker (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
My favorite case is the otterbox for my aging evo with the clip on as its still in pristine condition and the belt clip is convenient and sturdy. Hasn't broken yet and its built like a tank. It also fits my 3500 extended battery.
266. javiayer (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I like durable cases because ... well that's what they're for!
267. jmonteiro829 (Posts: 179; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
I always get a TPU case. I have tried Otterbox and they always seem to fall apart over time of taking them off and putting them back on.
268. jeremya99 (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Otterbox Defender since it is practically indestructible and it comes in different sytles n colors! :-)
269. mangmang (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Thin case that doesnt cover the power button
270. hadouken (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Favorite case I've own was the diztronic. Slim, reasonably priced, and not overboard.
271. xicoboe (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
The bumpers, to see the beauty of my iphone!!!
272. rojiblanko (Posts: 23; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
I like Otterbox Commuter because it protects my phone along with Seidio Case with kickstand !
274. bernard689 (unregistered)
my favorite type of case would be a case mate because the perfect balance of soft and hard and its like double the protection for double the fun!!!
275. Gamr425 (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 May 2012)
My favorite cases are from Otterbox, the quality is superb and it protects your phone like a tank!
276. soldiernation (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
I just like any hard case. They will always offer the best protection and it makes it hard for the device itself to get damaged.
278. lonewolf2873 (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Otter box is my favorite. Although it adds "meat" to the phone, it adds protection from us butter fingered people. Can't compete with bulletproof case.
279. dungbeetle (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
That depends on the use. For most phones I like the otterbox cases but for iphones I like the lifeproof options
281. BrandonR (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
My favorite case is the otter box commuter because its nice and slim,slides into my pocket not to bulky like the defender but still protective :)
282. infused (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
I have always liked the simple tpu plastic/rubber case because it protect the phone from basic damages but leaves the phone nearly the same size stock
283. lilg29 (Posts: 89; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
My favorite case is life proof, even though they only make it for iPhone It does its job of protecting. Im sure they would make more if they included the Galaxy s series and the optimuses from LG.
284. panchi_us (Posts: 3; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Otterbox is my favorite, provides great protection!
286. gaby1451 (Posts: 114; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Love the Invisible Shields by ZAGG! I like my phone to be as naked as possible while still being protected :D
287. Babygirl126 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I would like a a hot pink case. I would like this because it is my favor. color ever!!!! Also it stand out where ever you go. :)
288. MrWong91 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I do not have a favorite type of case, but I prefer a case that can absorb falls so the phone doesn't get damaged. I also prefer the case to have a soft outer feel without collecting dust on it
289. mydi.maus (unregistered)
protective case would be "skins"never dropped my phone thou,and doesn't look too bulky and its like you never have anything on.
291. bparkerson (unregistered)
My favorite case is non at all...I go commando and fotunately all my phones have remained in gently used condition. I just like the look and feel of a phone the way they were intended,Butt naked!!!
292. JunitoNH (Posts: 1588; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Love gel cases, enjoy way the feel in my hands.
294. dhmcop (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I am looking for a good case for my iPhone 5. Will check out OtterBox.
295. VerbalRouser (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Dec 2012)
The slimmest possible snap-on hard case that has an anti-slip texture
296. Adam12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I guess my favorite case has to this penguin case i brought for my gs2 its awesome as hell and its really comfortable for your hand, and it has a nice firm grip. And yes im a guy who bought a penguin case and im not gay