Giveaway: Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 08:08 posted on
It's the holiday season and it's time for giveaways! This time, thanks to our openhearted partners from Radioshack, we'll be presenting one of you with a brand new AT&T iPhone 5 and an Otterbox Commuter Case to help you keep it looking new...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
115. acekerr (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I would have to go for the life proof case, its sleek, light and basically a vault for whichever phone it protects. 2nd would go to the otter box, although it is somewhat bulky, the commuter series is sleeker than the rest of them. I cant wait to see the lunatik case from kickstarter though, just may give lifeproof a run for its design. Hook me up phone arena!
119. phatride4ever (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Otter box because it provides the most protection out of all cases.
122. davejeanlouis (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I have an Otterbox Defender case for my iPhone 4S. It has proved to be the most durable time and time again because after drops on various surfaces (concrete, pavement, marble floors) my phone as yet to incur any damage!
123. djripster (Posts: 118; Member since: 10 Dec 2011)
I would usually go for the Otterbox case because of its durability and availability in a selection of colors...
Winning an iPhone 5 would be a Christmas dream come true :) Thanks guys for yet another great opportunity...
125. htafari1 (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Platinum Series because its really thin, has a nice swivel case to go along with it, and sold at a reasonable price
127. A.mehler (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
I really love the commuter series otter box case.
128. alexts (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I prefer gel cases just because they're generally more grippy.
129. freebee269 (Posts: 516; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i have a few favorite types of cases. they are:
1.) Skins: It is a very popular type of case, skins enclose your iPhone in a layer of silicone rubber or a similar flexible material. Thinner skins prevent scratches without adding much bulk, whereas thicker skins provide extra shock protection. Both give your device some grip; the downside of a skin, however, is that because of that grip, getting your device out of your pocket can be a minor hassle. Many skin cases are easy to remove, which is convenient if you want to use your iPhone with accessories that work only on a naked iPhone.
2.) Bumpers: With the iPhone 4, Apple popularized its Bumper case, which is basically a protective band that wraps around the edge of the phone. Although a bumper-style case doesn’t offer the same protection as a standard case—especially for the phone’s glass back—it does protect against many drops while leaving your iPhone’s beauty undisguised.
and last but not least...
3.) Shells: If you don’t need a lot of protection—for example, if you keep your iPhone in your pocket, a purse, or a laptop bag—a shell-style case is right up your alley. These rigid cases enclose most of your device in a thin layer of rigid plastic or metal, offering protection against minor bumps and scratches, but not hard drops. The cases also leave your device’s entire screen and all controls fully accessible, and tend to have a slim profile that doesn’t add bulk to the phone. If you don’t want to hide your iPhone’s shiny surface, consider a shell made of hard, transparent plastic. Some shells also include belt clips, though clips that can be removed without leaving a nub sticking out on the back are generally preferable. A tip: I prefer shells with sides that protrude ever-so-slightly past the iPhone's screen, so that if you set the phone down screen down, the phone rests on the case sides, rather than on the screen.
that's my favorite cases.
130. HUSSAM (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I think the lifeproof case is best because my friend has an iPhone 5, and i have to admit, it is impressive! I really want the iPhone 5 so please phonearena, PLEASE
131. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
My favorite case would be the Otterbox because of its durability to absorb the drop of a any surface to protect my new phone.
132. gje09 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My favorite type of case are the Ballistic cases because they combine style and protection.
133. ibap (Posts: 681; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Anything engineered well enough to protect the phone from a fall of a couple of feet onto concrete (parking garages) but not too bulky or slippery.
135. irvinkeith (Posts: 54; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
Otterbox hands down, i've literally had my phone thrown across a parking lot and it was just fine.
136. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
For the iPhone there is no better case then a common gel case. They come in all sorts of colors, patterns, and designs. For an Android device I really like ghost armor. It's a little expensive but it comes with a life-time warranty and it looks ridiculously awesome on the S3!
iPhone 5 rocks!
137. erickdmena (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Incipio's Le Deux case. Conserverse more of the iPhone's design and improves it a slight more with the brushed metallic finish
138. scorpio85 (Posts: 160; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
All black Otter commuter case!.......and no I'm not saying that cause that's the giveaway, i got Otter on all my stuff.
139. procoder (Posts: 10; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
i dont like case..but if provided free with phone will use them..:)
140. n0ppw (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
My favorite case has been a BodyGlove. I'm rough on my phones--especially at work. the BodyGlove has kept my Droid X working and looking like new underneath. What more could you want? :-)
141. bustervic (Posts: 22; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Most TPU cases with a good screen protector do the trick for me.
142. Gahia (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
And Otterbox's Commuter Case is my favourite type of case reasons are because It protects your phone and keeps it looking good without adding significant weight or bulk to it and the Otterbox Commuter case for the iPhone is easy to use, with quick access to most all of your needed buttons and features makes it a smart choice.
144. rwitt1 (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Otterbox is the best !!! It offers superior protection
at an outstanding value
145. ijbrekke (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I use the Element Case Formula 4. Full protection without being too thick, high quality build, has subtle edges to help with grip, and an easily removable bottom slider. Everything I was looking for in a case.
146. Josebr86 (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)
The Otterbox case is great. It looks good and does its job.
147. TechnoLaker (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
My favorite type of case are just the bumpers, becasue the edges seem to scratch the easiest and these show of the phone the best.
149. shaljoh (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I like tye sedeiko cases. Otterbox is a favorite too. Plus they have different series u can choose from.
150. kevnc (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My favorite type of protective case is the one I don't need; phones should have better durability.
151. papajohn (Posts: 25; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
i like otterbox cases for design and durability
152. SachinN1989 (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My Favorite type of case is the Otterbox Commuter series case. They have a soft silicon inner shell with a hard outer shell and this combination helps protect the phone from any daily accidents.
153. SMoKeDoUt_J (Posts: 14; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I always get the defender otter box case since I drop my phone in stupid situation
154. ProlificZ21 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Jun 2008)
I like slim but solid cases to protect.
155. eugeneandrewsx (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
My favorite type of case is something that is light and allows for a custom graphic on the back. It makes my phone look unique and makes me feel the phone has only been improved, not diminished.
156. jgc70 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Ballistic Smooth is my favorite. It doesn't add much bulk and has nice protection for the corners.
157. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1551; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I like my phones like I like my women...naked
158. goatah (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Bodyguardz carbon fiber case and screen protector. Keeps the phone slim while providing excellent protection.
159. mmmmmbeef (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I prefer TPU cases since they are slim and protect enough.
160. pjb05 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I actually love the otterbox commuter case, it is a little smaller, and more pocket friendly then the Defender case. it still gives pretty good protection.
161. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7367; Member since: 14 May 2012)
OtterBox Commuter Case because it provides protection for $20 on Amazon. :)
165. TechWorld_Observer (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Digital Energy Starburst Case for iPhone® 4/4S (Blue). It doesn't make my phone look big, looks great, it blends, and it's pretty cheap.
166. chaosrwm (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
My favorite case is the Ballistic case, it gives you the corner bummers without much bulk.
167. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Otterbox all the way. I like how it keeps my actual phone in mint condition and also the color options available. Not a fan of Lifeproof case styles. Also I'd have to say I do slightly like how Otterbox reveals the Apple logo on the back.
168. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
A nice silicon case wrapped in a hard shell so it slides in and out of pockets easily.
169. rtkuhn (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Incipio hard shell. Gets the job done and doesn't affect the phone aesthetics too much.
170. KenZ33 (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Gotta love the security of the Otterbox defender...
171. chispa (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
The case I use is the Trident, I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S and at the time there was not many choices for a full protection case for the Galaxy S. I look forward to the
IPhone 5 and an Otterbox!
172. fistigons (Posts: 262; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I think the best thing for a case is being slim, stylish and protective. Something Otterbox's commuter case soes and UAG. I love the industrial look of UAG and love the fit/protection of Otterbox.
173. torr310 (Posts: 335; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
My favorite type of case is thin and has shock absorption. Another important thing is it cannot affect the functions/buttons/sockets of the phone.
174. ThisIsEKay (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I prefer the LifeProof series because of its slim profile that offers 360 degrees of protection. If slim phone then I would not purchase a thin/lite device just to throw a tire over it. LifepProof helps maintain a phones design and it doesn't hurt to know that its withstands drops and spills too!
176. hkstyle (Posts: 7; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
TPU case, I've dropped my atrix a few times on cement while getting out of the car. There's no damage to it what so ever. They also don't really break like some hard cases I have had over the years.