Giveaway: Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 08:08 posted on
It's the holiday season and it's time for giveaways! This time, thanks to our openhearted partners from Radioshack, we'll be presenting one of you with a brand new AT&T iPhone 5 and an Otterbox Commuter Case to help you keep it looking new...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
116. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wow how become all there users never post, except papinyc mr vid and nicolas oliver eisebricher ajaco9.....?
335. fistigons (Posts: 264; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
It's all the Apple fans who are too afraid to post on here, because the Android fans will make fun of them. Or it's the Adroid fans who secretly covet the iPhone. Almost didn't recognize you troll since you changed your avatar.
433. darkkjedii (Posts: 15114; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm a fan of both platforms, but am primarily an iPhone user. I'm also extremely vocal and not afraid to post.
2. Jackweed (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
My favorite type of case would have to be the Lifeproof case for my iphone. My phone is always falling into something that would normally damage it. A couple nights ago I left it on a shelf playing music and it got knocked off and into a pot of soup. Still works like brand new.
3. abbas1997 (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i dont like cases beacause they make phones ugly and fatter!!!!!!!
4. toiletcleaner (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
otterbox is my favorite case because it does protect the phone and they do have two different options
5. phonemasterexpert (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
No better shell casing that can stand the pounding like the Outerbox.
6. ekia007 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Otter Box, It provides durability. I also like the design.
7. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I like the simple tpu cases--super cheap and they do the job!
8. LordDavon (Posts: 108; Member since: 19 Sep 2011)
I like the gel style cases. They seem to have the best grip, and hold. I'm a klutz, so I need all the help I can get.
124. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
No, it (boy or girl is so far unknown) says 4" is too big. Probably a boy then.
550. wendygarett (unregistered)
Thank you :)
Too bad I'm not in US lol
10. ajhall62 (Posts: 10; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
I have used Speck cases.They seem to protect very well and don't make the phone much bigger.
11. Troysyx (Posts: 161; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I like the slim form fitting kind, I don't like too much bulk added to my phone. But maybe a certain contest will help change my mind??????
12. jbjr43 (Posts: 48; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Lifeproof because it offers the maximum protection against everything!
13. nshogfan (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
My fav case is the Urban Armor protective case. I bought it from Amazon for the Galaxy SIII. I don't drop my phone much but the SII is so slippery to the touch. This case is durable, and I'm able to still slip it into my pocket. I would compare it to the Otterbox case.
14. ajac09 (Posts: 1430; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
gumdrop case for my tablet FTW! Ultimate in defense of my transformer prime. Tough thick and still looks bad ass
15. taunjaswenson (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Any type of case that can protect my phone from my butter fingers!!
16. frankanthonyjones (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
My favorite case is the Speck Candy shell. It's lightweight and durable with a good grip.
17. guyinashirt75 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Mine has to be the Platinum case I got with my S2 a year ago.I really want a iPhone 5 with a Otter Box Defender case. Come on PhoneArena be my Santa!
18. bballermoon (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Otter box! You never have to worry about your phone unless you lose it.
19. dtigner65 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Otterbox defender is my fave. I have had one on every phone I have owned!!! Great protection from falls and scratches and believe it or not will keep water out for a millisecond or two-I know!!!
20. CfullerTX (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Aug 2012)
My favorite type of case is the Life proof case, bc I like to snorkel. Being able to take your phone with you for pictures and not worry is incredible.
21. MattGioff (Posts: 11; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I like the cheap standard silicone cases. I don't drop my phone too much, but when I do its usually its from hip or chest height so the occasional drop is sufficiently handled by these cheap cases just fine.
22. aquariumdude (Posts: 40; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
A type of case that is like a skin so it looks fashionable but protects my phone without adding too much weight!
23. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
My favorite type of case is no case at all! Why cover up a phone's beauty?
25. nanchen242 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Anker 2 in 1 case b.c it's slim and doesnt strectch like a normal tpu case.
26. amansingal14 (Posts: 306; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I prefer not casing my iPhone at all.
But if I want to customize it, I would give it to Mendmyi and get it modified all the way...
27. extinctz (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I like clear sillicone case because it's lighter basicly & we can still see the iphone clearly
28. infowars (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Otterbox defender. Because of the built in screen guard.
29. Pureh (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
Favorite case is Otter box, looks great and provides the needed protection.
31. Conan_Kudo (Posts: 19; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
My favorite case is the Otterbox Defender because it completely protects my phone from most kinds of accidental damage. The screen protector protects against scratches. The plugs and shielding protect from splashes and dirt and being dropped. Overall, Otterbox Defender cases are awesome. Essentially, they are nearly fully life-proof, which is great for me!
32. OtogiWarrior30 (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I love the INCIPIO case because it adds smooth feel to the phone while adding some extra protection to the phone.
34. dsDoan (Posts: 225; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
To be honest, I've never used a protective case. I've never needed to.
36. garrick4090 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
The Otterbox Defender is the best case for total phone protection. Its expensive and bulky, but you never have to worry about a scratch or dent. Plus the price of the case is worth saving $9.99 on the monthly protection plan.
37. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
My favorite casing is Duct Tape, for a host of reasons:
1. It's waterproof and moisture proof so, I don't have to worry about that little pink iNdiCator.
2. Helps with reception issues.
3. Now available in a variety of cool colors at Home Depot, including Zebra and iLeopard.
4. Creates a nice barrier in case of the dreaded doody toiLet drop.
5. Has other multiple and useful purposes around the house.
6. Great accessory to have for iBondage.
7. Plumbers also use it extensively.
There, hope iWiN ♥ :D
315. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
loooooooooooool........Dude you had me at duct tape. hahaha
o and i gotta be honest, if i were to win an iphone 5! like right now? I WOULD SELL THE HELL OUT OF IT ON EBAY!!
but thats just me :)
38. meltonz (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
My favorite case would have to be Otterbox. For me it keeps the phone safer and there is less fear when you accidentally drop the phone. :D
39. kevin_wsy (Posts: 34; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
My favorite type of protective is TPU because I like the feeling when I hold onto it.
40. svec7186 (Posts: 49; Member since: 24 Jul 2011)
ottherbox because it provides the best protection
41. jian9007 (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
If I must use a case, it's a flexible TPU that I use. The only case I've used is a flexible TPU case for my Nexus 4 (clear one). Good protection, custom fit, doesn't add much bulk, and protects the back glass.
43. Roofer11 (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Without a doubt...OtterBox! There are a couple of other decent cases but I have Otterboxes on all my devices. They seem to fit the best and the color selections are pretty good, could use a few more color choices but hey, OtterBox can't really make a rainbow/Skittle bag of that many colors!!
45. random1204 (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 May 2010)
My favorite type of protective case is one that has both rubber and a shell of some sort. Recently on my S3 I had a case mate case that was great, but before that, I would stick with Otterbox Commuter cases. The thing is that when you get just a rubber case, you face the "this won't come out of my pocket" issue because it sticks to the inside of your pockets. If it's just hard plastic, when you drop it, typically the phone's fine but the case breaks. These types of cases take the impact and have the rigid shell to protect a device, but keeping it slim and manageable.
46. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
life proof as it gives protection for LIFE :D
47. cvanlone (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
I use the silicon cases. They don't add much bulk, and there's usually a bundle for them.
48. covarr (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
lifeproof because of making my phone waterproof
49. The_Innovation (Posts: 597; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
The case I would define as my favorite is one that is ultra thin, yet ultra protective. A case that almost doesn't take away from the phone's design at all, yet protects it fully from all sides.
50. jared845 (Posts: 5; Member since: 31 Oct 2008)
I have the otterbox defender case, and also regular TPU skin. I like the otterbox defender best because it provides the best overall protection to my device including the screen. I am very cafefull and protective of my device and always want to protect it the best possible way !
51. chrisbo5 (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
for my past 2 phones i've used incipio because the style and thinness
52. drburdette (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I have had two Otterbox cases and they have worked very well for my. I have dropped my phone more than once on hard surfaces without any damage!
54. nirvanadgc (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
I have always been partial to the bumpers, as they make the phone only marginally larger