Give your smartphone a makeover with these 10 Android customization apps
0. phoneArena 09 Aug 2013, 03:50 posted on
When it comes to personalizing an Android smartphone, sky's the limit as to what can be altered. The platform allows for deep customization of pretty much everything, both under the hood and on the visual side. And if you've also grown tired of the stock look and feel of your Android handset, then you've come to the right place. Here we've put together a selection of Android personalization apps – apps that can modify the way one interacts with their phone or change the way Android's UI looks...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 122; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Yah, I download it right away when I saw this Buzz Luncher.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Backgrounds and Wallpapers HD rocks!!
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
dont need or want any of them. Im happy with vanilla
20. Mittal (Posts: 470; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
yup.. im happy with sense... not missing anything
5. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1125; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I was an android user then moved to WP8
unlike others I really do miss android especially bcuz of some of android key feature and of course WP also have its own key features eg:nokia's service and unique interface.
One of the great key feature of android is customization. wp8 does provide some level of customization but there is a limit for that(may improve it in next major update).
But for android I can make my phone looks exactly as I wanted. Its actually kinda feel so fun for me.
android does have its weakness/demerits but merits are higher than demerits and the same goes for WP too....
10. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
What kind of customization do mean on WP? You have three different sizes for the live tiles, wow.
12. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1125; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Its better to have something than nothing... Right???
its iOS who standing behind when its comes to customization
just grid is icons. But iOS focus on simplycity rather than customization.
16. pàul. (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
to be customization, I can choose the most simple, elegant colorful etc ... if no, what happens??
18. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Lol look you don't have the rights to insult some one else's choice- it's personal preference, fandroid. Wp allows users to CUSTOMIZE the tile COLOURS the way you want it to be.
6. aco96 (Posts: 216; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I love stock Android because it's stylish, fast and simple :D
14. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i like the simplicicty of a stock nexus on a non nexus device. that's why i always install nova launcher & holo locker plus notification toggle and i'm good.
15. kcombs (Posts: 254; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
Easy touch looks strangely familiar to an iOS accessibility function (can't remember the name), I remember it when I had my iPhone.
17. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
The only thing I did to my android was using apex launcher, simplex icons for dock, pop out icons by Samantha for icons, dock background from stark theme, one more clock widget using jelly lock skin and text widget and some sort of blurred bokeh wallpaper of a city at day time with some effects edited from pixlr express
19. scsa852k (Posts: 319; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Nothing beats Nova Launcher for me.
Buzz Launcher is pretty cool though.
22. dollarclicks360 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
LG INTRODUCED ITS NEW G2 SMARTPHONE.
On Wednesday, August 7th 2013 LG company introduced its new G2 smartphone in New York's Jazz at Lincoln Center Venue to enlist with Apple, Samsung and other phone manufacture
23. markzollo (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
You should give Fresh Paper (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meg7.freshpaper) a try too, it auto change your wallpaper everyday with HD ones