Gingerbread update for the Motorola ATRIX 4G is being sent out to testers
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:12
Only a few days ago, we found out that Motorola was seeking out approximately 1,000 owners to beta test the handset’s upcoming Android 2.3 Gingerbread update, but it now appears that they’re finally seeing it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Thump3rDX17 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:27 3 1
maybe when it gets Gingerbread the Atrix 4G will get the recognition it deserves.
9. The_Miz posted on 20 Jul 2011, 21:27 1 5
For being another subpar Motrola device, yeah. ICS will be out in a few months and Atrix is STILL on Froyo lol.
2. yorkeandvedder posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:34 0 0
I wish there was an estimated time when the rest of us will get the update... :[ everywhere I read one/two months, in the Fall, by end of year, etc... i'm
3. HyperM3 posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:45 0 0
@yorkeandvedder typically I've seen the updates come out within a couple weeks of the closing of the betatest. Last time it was after a week. Hold tight.
4. IEatApples posted on 20 Jul 2011, 18:49 2 0
Finally. The atrix has been a complete flop since its release despite having the best hardware of any phone on us soil. This is mostly due to it being on att but also due to the lack of gingerbread on board. I love my atrix and can deal with att since the service is so good where I live. This update will be great whenever it makes its way to the few of us atrix owners out there.
5. networkdood posted on 20 Jul 2011, 19:48 0 0
I know what you mean. Gingerbread on my CAPTIVATE is awesome.
12. IEatApples posted on 20 Jul 2011, 21:54 1 1
You isheep act like you get monthly ios updates or something. You still have to wait until crapple s**ts out its YEARLY update and if your poor and were dumb enough to buy the discount iphone your beloved update will just slow your phone down, not to mention all of the new features not being supported on the older hardware. The atrix was promised to get gingerbread and now its getting it. Actually the atrix has been updated as promised thus far with 2 firmware updates in the first 3 months of it release. Keep believing crapples lies and promise of innovation. They aren't even original ideas anymore. Just sad to see the level of greed by a company that used to lead in original innovation.
15. The_Miz posted on 21 Jul 2011, 01:58 1 4
At least we don't have to wait six ****ing months for updates since when Apple releases them, they're available right away. No, with Android, you get it whenever. Oh and forget about having an Android phone for more than a year because you won't be getting updates since manufaturers want you to spend money on a new one.
What's even sadder is that Motorola is releasing a stripped down version of the Atrix on Sprint with a locked bootloader. Oh yeah, at least with iOS, you can jailbreak within 5 minutes.
So how do you like them apples? Pun intended.
18. PhoneLuver posted on 21 Jul 2011, 08:55 1 0
It really is a major problem with Android handsets!
manufacturers don't want to update their older phones because they want you to buy the newer model!
It's one of the main reasons I haven't spent any money on an Android yet and when I do i will definitely remember the track record of certain companies.. (Sony Ericsson!)
19. The_Miz posted on 21 Jul 2011, 09:07 0 2
That's why apples are better than machines ;)
13. Heatfan316 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 22:16 0 0
Just send out the update to everyone already
21. guest (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 17:21 0 0
Motorola just give us the friggin update
22. Froid1955 (unregistered) posted on 21 Jul 2011, 23:26 0 0
I have Gingerbread on my Atrix now. I did not wait for the OTA. Go to XDA. Unlock your bootloader , root your phone and flash Gingerbread.
23. JordanCox posted on 22 Jul 2011, 20:24 0 0
Just got the update. I guess it's now being sent out to all Motorola Atrix cell phones :D
24. Rockin'OTA'bread (unregistered) posted on 23 Jul 2011, 01:04 0 0
Check for system updates, gingerbread its finally !!!
25. Marina (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2011, 21:04 0 0
You have really interesting blog, keep up posting such informative posts!