Gingerbread update for LG's Optimus line is ready to be unleashed in Europe
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2011, 14:00 posted on
Indeed, it’s a long time in the making, but in any event, the long awaited Gingerbread software update is about to start rolling out to LG’s top-shelf Android smartphones, which includes the LG Optimus 2x, 3D, and Black...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2250; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Why must we always have to wait on the carriers ......
4. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Because carriers have invested money in those very phones on their networks and must make sure it works within their guidelines and carry things which they would like it to carry. You don't want to wait, buy your phone unlocked then. You have a choice, a subsidized phone comes with stipulations and well if you are on Verizon there is no other kind of phone that works on their network but phones that they have contracted for use on their network. Their ballpark, play by their rules or go home. Just because you are paying for a service doesn't mean you can get anything you damn well please. You pay for service on the network and you sign a contract saying you will abide by the rules. Don't sign then complain about it, that's ignorant.
2. oddmanout (Posts: 442; Member since: 22 May 2009)
Too bad that will be the last update they receive.
3. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
thank goodness for the developer community. i cant wait for CM9 on my g2x.
6. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
No update can fix the fact that these phones are made by LG.
7. 0o0blackstar0o0 (Posts: 86; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Lg supplies most other brands with parts just sayin ...your phone has a bit of lg in it ;)