Gingerbread update for HTC DROID Incredible delayed
0. phoneArena 17 Aug 2011, 15:24 posted on
A post on Verizon's support forum for the HTC DROID Incredible says that the Gingerbread update expected to start yesterday with 10,000 lucky DROID Incredible users selected to be the guinea pigs for the download, has been delayed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 438; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Same thing for the Thunderbolt...June 30 no gb
2. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
told you the Incredible would get Gingerbread. xD
3. red3razor (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
I have couple ?'s:
1. Anyone know if this includes Sense 3.0?
2. If I upgrade to GB 2.3 via this OTA will it upgrade my baseband making me un-rootable if I wanted a Sense 3.0 Rom?
3. If the updated bb is un-rootable, would anyone take the time an older device/new software?
Just curious, thanks for any replies :)
7. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
1. it's very doubtful, it's likely you'll get Sense 2.1 instead due to hardware limitations. however there's likely some Sense 3.0 ROMS out there to partake from.
2. it'll unroot you if you do it OTA but i'm sure a new root method shouldn't be too far behind since they got it done for the EVO 4G w/ Gingerbread.
14. Sam (unregistered)
The OTA update has been made into a ROM .zip with root at XDA Developers, for people who want the update but don't want to lose root. Apparently this update does not include Sense 3.0 or 2.1 from what I read. They say that this OTA has Sense 1.0 instead.
Here is a link:
4. digicon (Posts: 121; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)
See what I mean. I don't get what's so good about Android. They were sending an update for "MMS messages send correctly"? "Properly save audio files from MMS"? "Successfully play audio files from MMS"? Is this what is so Grand about Android? Those are normal functions on a Basic Phone, let alone a Smart Phone! "Change songs by tapping the forward button"? ? ? Four months old? $200 bucks? Don't set the bar too high, other OS's might not be able to catch up !
8. You are a tool (unregistered)
And how long did it take for iPhone to handle MMS? What was it 2 years after it was released?
6. rex0422 (Posts: 30; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
the incredible is great, but now i hv the incredible 2, and it's even better than the incredible. however, i still want this update for my incredible since gingerbread has a lot of new things under the hood.
10. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Lol, gotta love Android fragmentation. Manufacturers sucker Android fans in by not updating old devices to force them to buy new ones. Lol, iPhone 3GS gets iOS 5.
11. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
and it'll probably run s**tty on it. my friend hated her iPhone 3G after it got updated to iOS 4.