Gingerbread coming to the DROID Charge on November 29th
Droid Life has obtained the full change sheet from Verizon (which can be viewed in its entirety below). Some of the highlights of this release include:
- Updated Download Manager app – from where you can manage all of your downloads from web browsing, email attachments and other apps.
- Improved word selection and Copy/Paste functionality.
- New widgets, icons and screens with refreshed colors.
- Added device and SD card encryption; VPN enhancements integrate IPSec VPN clients into device security settings.
- Updated Calendar options – ability to display event times in your home time zone when traveling; Dismiss individual reminders.
- Pause, Wait and Password have been added into the voicemail speed dial entry for manual entry/storage.
- Increased intensity of the vibration alert.
- Added Software Upgrade Assistant (SUA).
- Reduced volume of the Low Battery Notification sound has been reduced.
source: Droid Life via Into Mobile
1. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1037; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I forgot that this phone even existed.
2. networkdood (Posts: 5505; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, I did not even realize that this phone did not have GB on it when first released....
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
The four owners must be happy to update to GB... wow...
4. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
By now half the owners are probably rocking an ICS rom lol
6. Penny (Posts: 986; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
My bro had been waiting for this for a very long time. He had almost given up hope of ever getting Gingerbread.
7. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Wow, seriously? They're just NOW getting GB when ICS is coming out lol?
9. Tez31087 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
I have it and love it! Better late than never!
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
oh good stuff. my mom will be happy about that. (:
11. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Lol its funny how the mis always trolling android sites, go choke on Steve jobs id**k
13. ojdidit84 (Posts: 190; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Welcome to Samsung? Every Samsung phone I've had was terrible with updates. Never again...
15. rogue350 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Jun 2009)
Well thank God I didn\'t keep that piece of crap! It was slow and I can\'t believe tha it doesn\'t have Gingerbread yet! This is why I have an iPhone 4S!
16. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2864; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Looks like it'll get Touchwiz 4.0, hopefully it'll get the same webpage response smoothness that other touchwiz 4 devices have.
17. foster6565 (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Wow tons of haters on the charge.....maybe you should try to root it and see how "slow" it is haha
18. willowseve77 (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I just want an update and I still haven't gotten it. what gives Verizon!?!
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got the OTA from xda and did an update from SD. it's noticeably nicer. much smoother. no joke.