Giant Nokia Lumia 1520 leaks out in yellow armor
0. phoneArena 06 Sep 2013, 10:00 posted on
We don't really know what will be happening with Nokia and its brand as far as smartphones are concerned, after it gets acquired by Microsot, but in the meantime the Finnish giant will out at least one remarkable device, it seems, the 6" Lumia 1520...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
19. eharris560 (Posts: 78; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Must likely Nokia. What difference does it make?
23. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
That's changes everything.
It's something like your getting a jackfruit logo on iPhone instead of Apple's.
47. Phomutrav (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
ain't you gonna cover your MSphone aka jackfruited-nokia with the case, are you? apple or jackfruit, what's the point of that?
37. papss (unregistered)
Again it's a freaking logo.. I thought we buy phones for what they do, not what they have labeled on them.. People just like to complain especially if its not on googles os
41. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Microsoft is not greatly known as huge mass producer of hardware devices. Yes they do produced some products but they are mostly known as the software giant. Suddenly in a morning they brought or licensed (or whatever) nokia and ditch nokia brand from smartphones and name it Microsoft Lumia (or whatever) instead of Nokia Lumia is not cool.
Nokia as one of the legendary phone maker must live.
and btw logo or brand play big role.
Nokia Lumia series just got good brand recognition recently, a sudden change wont be a good start.
and i am not a fan of google, I'm not devoted to any brand at all
and if google simple brought Samsung and name all galaxy smartphones as google galaxy it will definitely make a confusion in between peoples.
i still hope Microsoft not to change name.
52. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
45. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Thats what I would hope from the smart people. Brand loyalty, and worse BLIND brand loyalty is for the not so intelligent folks who stick to something because as a consumer their favorite Brand made it (a.k.a. Apple fanboys :D ).
46. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
agreed but apperently people going for brand more then tech Apple is clear example of brand name = status symbol
48. MCrapp (Posts: 318; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Freaking logo!?What about VW!.......I thought we buy....!for what they do!?Biased or not Biased!
21. volcano (Posts: 342; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
its nokia lumia 1520 until 2014 anyway it doesn't matter if the future phones going to carry microsoft brand or not you are getting nokia hardware
24. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
If its come out as nokia then it's gold for both MS & Nokia
33. volcano (Posts: 342; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
the way i see it one team from microsoft and nokia focusing on hardware and software will help them a lot on making better products there is not limitation of money and creativity or limited boundaries
42. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I understand and agree
but i all want is nokia brand to just live on even if it is through Microsoft.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I'm not sure but if Microsoft bought Nokia, then Microsoft also bought and rights to the Nokia's brand name, so Microsoft still can put a Nokia brand on it.
34. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Microsoft hasn't bought Nokia yet. Nokia and Microsoft have only agreed on the deal (and its details) that will take place in 2014. That means, Nokia is still Nokia and does not belong to Microsoft yet. Therefore, all the devices brought to market until the deal actually took place, are Nokia branded devices. I think I've read somewhere that Microsoft licensed the Nokia brand name for 10 years.
53. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
NOKIA get to keep their brand they purchased the lumia and asha brand and nokia can't release a nokia branded phone till 2016 also they licensed their patents for 10 years
2. clevername (Posts: 1436; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Whoa. I was thinking about making this my next device, but without the 41mp pureview I'm wary
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3617; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Along with that, a landscape mode for the home screen would been awesome.
Also, i wish the trio buttons were somewhat apart...they look too close.
10. Credo (Posts: 747; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I agree! i love how much those 3 are from each other on my L920.
28. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Using my Lumia 925 as a reference, the buttons are about the same width apart. I wouldn't mind them being spread out but if it makes it cheaper, use what already works. I've never had a problem hitting the wrong button by mistake.
36. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3617; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That might be the case...but i'm just talking about the way it looks. It looks cramped, while there are space that could've used to spread the buttons wider. It does not look proportionate.
38. papss (unregistered)
Or all the folks crying foul about hitting the search button this will give them more room on the side so they don't hit it by accident
11. Credo (Posts: 747; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I think that 20MP PureView shooter will just be as awesome as the 1020's camera, only the zoom would be not as good as it but far ahead from 8 MP or 13 MP shooters !
29. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Maybe not "just as awesome", but pretty close, and should be better than the 92x's cameras, except the 928 in terms of Xenon flash vs LED. Nokia should be packing the Xenon in every 9xx device and up just to give it that edge. The Z1 "honami" doesn't have one, which is an oversight but not surprising.
55. lalalaman (Posts: 631; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
I agree bt dual led flash is also awesome....xenon flash makes things expensive
I'm also afraid it will cost greatly....I wish they don't screw up due to over pricing...though that is a pretty awesome device....all heavy hardware...20mp camera might make it expensive bt tht will be the attraction:)
3. mousesports (Posts: 273; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
For sure this will come out AS " NOKIA " FOREVER !
9. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Who have a time for reading article, if gorgeous stunning phone is there.
4. Diego! (Posts: 555; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I really like it and am looking forward to getting this phone. I hope they keep the Nokia Lumia brand for this phablet :)
15. UdhaiyaPrasanth (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I hope they at least leave the brand name as it is :'(
MS is gonna acquire Nokia. So now, Nokia's devices are MS's property. Then what is wrong having the same name (Nokia Lumia)?
30. Diego! (Posts: 555; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I agree... they could leave the brand 'Nokia Lumia' for high-end devices and leave the other stuff to Microsoft Windows Phone :(
31. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yes and no. Nokia (company) will still exist as an R&D, telecom (NSN), and patent company (Microsoft is leasing many of the industry-related patents rather buying them outright), but the device and services part (actual handsets and mapping, mainly) I believe change to Microsoft ownership. Microsoft is also leasing the brand name "Nokia" for the Asha and feature phones through 2024, but seemingly not for smartphones. I also would rather see Nokia branded smartphones, but they're going to he developed and made by the same people so I'm not AS worried about it, but it's comforting knowing that such a trustworthy and legendary device has that Nokia moniker, and it will be something I'll miss if it isn't continued. I hope that the Nokia to Microsoft transition doesn't mimic the Palm to HP acquisition or the Motorola under google transition.
51. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2259; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lumia or windows 8 logo,, who gives a shyt, this phone is going to be awesome,!!!
6. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
What a joke!!
35. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Joke? What's so funny about it? Oh wait, #uhatesmartphones right? Get a feature phone and shut up.
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Some time people don't realize that their favorite company phone too big.
Dude wait and watch. This will about 160 x 78 x 8.5. This phone have too small bezel.
Check your eyes or get glasses OR u having a jealous disease.
8. Credo (Posts: 747; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
How excited this pictures me makes, this is just amazing, i love this design !! altrough they must keep the 3 buttons below a little but further from each other.
& most important i hope this device wil come out in Cyan!
54. lalalaman (Posts: 631; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Those look close due to bigger screen...the must have made it according to usual thumb size
I love Nokia.....I wish mre color options are available unlike 1020
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Then why I'm here for....I love Nokia too and we love Nokia.
25. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1386; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
and nice profile picture lol
43. Medel (Posts: 84; Member since: 31 May 2011)
oh i found this image in PA. that news about Nokia burning platform. by the way, Nokia still rock! :) I love Nokia, Nokia still the best!
50. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
dude he said about my profile picture lol.
60. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
That's ok dude. Cheers.
And u can put profile picture like Nokia in ice. Lol
14. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2259; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Hell yea.. ill be getting this, on launch day :-)
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3900; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
U r not one getting this, I'm and we r getting this.
20. YodhaMali (Posts: 49; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
This phablet got thinner bezels than Xperia Z Ultra and Z1. Sony could certainly learn a thing from this.
22. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
must have!!!! camera looks neat and discreet...
32. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh great, it's still a Nokia! Hurry up Nokia, I'm still deciding which phone should I get, I may be getting this!
59. scumbledEGG (unregistered)
i'll buy this and keep this for life, nokia's farewell product, haha!
ps. hope this will use a snappy 800+320/330 gpu +hd res and i'll repeat that camera looks neat, not to0 bulky... it's a phone not a camera!!! haha! long live nokia!!! muchas gracias... hasta la vista!!!
40. willard12 (Posts: 1563; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
"Excuse me, can you please move your ginourmous phone." - Microsoft commercial on a 5.3 inch phone. Things change quickly.
44. sam.7 (Posts: 68; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
gorgeous now! u guys must n should appreciate that the tiles looks best on this huge device..
57. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Totally getting this as my next phone! Bring it on! The final REAL Nokia for a while.
61. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol bhwahaha that thing looks more ridiculous than the Z ultra a galaxy mega. If its anything like the lumia 920 design which it looks like it is, this phablet is going to be more unwieldly than a 10 inch tablet and and almost as heavy to boot.