Giant Lumia 920 is an epic Minecraft project that took 14 days to complete
0. phoneArena 13 Nov 2012, 08:30 posted on
We were sitting yesterday with our grandma, and she seemed very thoughtful (more than usual). When we asked her what's the matter, we were almost shocked to hear the question she shot at us...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. kaliil10 (Posts: 145; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Nokia Lumia 920 the best smartphone camera of all the time
8. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah second best you mean, the 808 still holds the best smartphone camera of all time
12. maverick786us (Posts: 117; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
808 is a cameraphone, Lumia 920 is a powerhouse smartphone
13. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
depends how you term smartphone, if you mean lots of apps and support your right but i wouldnt class the 808 as just a cameraphone its a smartphone too
17. Bernoulli (Posts: 1432; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
No fool, the nokia 808 pureview is the best smartphone camera of the century, ois has nothing on lossless zoom
4. Commentator (Posts: 2293; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's pretty cool, although it would be cooler if the screen could glow.
5. -box- (Posts: 3708; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
With this sort of effort and creation, I think Nokia could give him a 920, or at least a hefty discount off one!
7. bbblader (Posts: 575; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
''even in that moron from the block that uses his toothbrush to polish his shoes... ''
9. Bernoulli (Posts: 1432; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Windows or Symbian? I'm still debating, which mobile would be better? The lumia 920 or the original 808 pureview? Suggestions? And yes my main thing is the camera, but I'm not sure which mobile would suit me the best, I come from Android background and I hate all the spyware and malware Android gets within weeks of use
10. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 880; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i'm not gonna make it simple all i'm gonna say nokia 808 purview excels far beyond nokia lumia 920 while
if you wanna smooth and simple get a lumia920
if you wanna something that a a similar system to android with widgets and stuff like that symbian is for you also it's doesn't have a very pleasant web page experience
it's your choice
15. Bernoulli (Posts: 1432; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Now one last thing, does nokia city lens work properly on the 808 pureview? That's also ground breaking for me, since when I travel I like to get lost lol :)
19. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 880; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i'm pretty sure there is an optimized version for symbian belle
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
pretty much right
just keep in mind the 808 doesnt have the amount of apps that android has and your probably used too, plus with no future support in the future (how it looks) dont expect much change you major updates. that said the 808 is a great phone with a camera thats nearly unbelievable for a phone.
but if you need a ecosystem and apps, the lumia 920 might be a better choice, its camera wont blow you away like the 808 but its ahead of other flagships. plus with windows growing you can expect updates and more apps becoming available
i have the 808 as the best camera was a big plus for me, im used to symbian and once you do the simple hack, you can customize your phone to almost android level (themes, wallpapers,widgets, menu layouts). the web browser is pretty bad when not using wifi, but opera and there are a couple other alternatives.
ive ranted on but sum up if apps aint a big importance and you want the best camera and mature os the 808 is the perfect choice. if you need a ecosystem and apps the 920 would be a better choice
16. Bernoulli (Posts: 1432; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I'm not that much about applications but I do want a phone that will have a good gps; mainly aiming at nokia city lens, do you know if there are issues on the 808 pureview when you use city lens?
18. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ive only used it a few times so i dont have extensive knowledge on how good, but the first time i used it it took awhile to load. but after that first use it became more fluid. and when i did use it i found no problems was accurate and simple to use.
just the first time you use it you may find it to load slow thats all ive experienced. i stick to maps mainly myself
14. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1015; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
hmm I wonder if Nokia made an 809 windows brand 808 would it sell well to the shutter bug crowd.