Get to know the Galaxy TabPro S better thanks to Samsung's newest infographic
1. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
It should be priced around or lower than the i3 128GB variant of surface pro 4. Else it's not gonna succeed much. Skylake core M should be around the same power as the i3 in surface. Correct me if I'm wrong.
4. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
SP4 doesn't have a Core i3 version. The base model is 128 GB M3.
Agreed. If the price isn't lower than SP4 I doubt its success. I heard that Sammy will sell it for 999 Euros($1085) for the Wifi Only. Surface with type cover costs $1028. Except for that thin profile and Super Amoled I doubt anyone choosing this over SP4
6. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
That variant isn't available in my country :(. The base model here is the i5 4GB which costs 1350$ without keyboard.
And 999 Euros basically means it will cost 999$ or lower in US. Europe has higher prices for products due to high taxes.
If it is priced the same or lower than SP4, I don't see any reason to go for SP4, Portability and screen are pretty good advantages.
Then again, no one will pay 100$ higher for this one either. Everything depends on price.
a 20" 4k OLED monitor from dell costs around 5000$. So I guess OLED displays aren't cheap. 4 of these displays and you have a 24" 5K display for less than 5000$ anyway.
7. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
furthermore it has USB-C with which you need to mess with adapters. I think Most will settle for SP4
8. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
At least we have an alternative to surface pro 4. Competition is good. And I love OLED.
11. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Agreed. Moar Competition= Better for consumers
3. Martineverest (Posts: 250; Member since: 27 Oct 2015)
Rise of windows.... Hololens-hybrids-x86 phones will make 2016,a year of Windows
5. Hexa-core (banned) (Posts: 2131; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
Hence, we'll have legit pocket PCs.
Go, go Windows 10!
15. rishav20193 (Posts: 196; Member since: 18 Jul 2015)
the rise statrted in 2015 !!
n this year or by max in 2017 other OEM's will start selling win 10 mobile based phones !!
& across all price range from companies like samsung atleast....considering its new partnership with MS. (this tab & MS being at samsung's CES 2016 event for IOT)
9. ananthu07 (Posts: 91; Member since: 25 Oct 2015)
An underpowered surface pro with an iPad Pro type cover. Am I missing anything?
12. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
You are missing some things
1.iPad Pro doesn't have a type cover but a smart cover
2. If you meant the smart cover this tab pro s cover includes a full trackpad which the smart cover lacks.
3.Its not an underpowered surface pro it shares the same processor with the base SP4.
4.Surface Pro doesn't have an AMOLED Display
5.Surface Pro doesn't have a USB Type C port
6.Surface Pro aint 6'3mm thin its 8.4mm
Please stop bashing
22. M.O.A.B (Posts: 153; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
you are missing your brain .. go dig for it
13. sonisoe (Posts: 406; Member since: 06 May 2009)
i woudve gone for this one if it hadnt been for that limited viewing angle... it's got almost everything ie. LTE, great screen display as well as aspect ratio, powerful enough processor, supposedly great battery life.. why cant they just copy surface kick-stand like lenovo miix 700 did...
16. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
at least it has a usb port. i guess that makes up for the lack of an sd slot
17. ashrafalhujaili (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Oct 2014)
if this is priced right
it will crush every competitor
19. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 2283; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Hope this infograph is enough for some people to realize it's also a Laptop despite it's pointlessly gimped port options...
20. obedchuni (Posts: 159; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Well I think they want to compete with surface 4, but I think only Samsung fans will buy it, not for power user and gaming, only for media consumption, hope techxie will but it