Get a free Apple iPhone 5 from Best Buy with the trade-in of your old smartphone
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2013, 11:29 posted on
If things like a fingerprint sensor, an improved camera, or a faster processor don't matter to you, you could pick up the Apple iPhone 5 for free from Best Buy; you do have to trade in your old smartphone for which Best Buy will give you $100 minimum. The caveat is that the funds must be applied to the purchase of an Apple iPhone 5, with a signed two-year pact from AT&T, Verizon or Sprint...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bubbadoes (Posts: 804; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Fire sale for a discontinued product! Reminds me of the HP Touch Tablet.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Trade your iPhone 4S into iPhone 5 and you already have iPhone 5C just in not so cheap looking body.
4. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Can I take my crappy old HTC to Best Buy and get $100 and then NOT buy an iPhone 5?
5. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
why do you want that 100$ while u can sell the iphone 5 for 300$ or more :P
6. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
sry i didnt read the post now i understand :P
11. Deaconclgi (Posts: 405; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Why would you comment without reading the post?
7. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 467; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Why discontinue the 5 and keep the 4S a 3G phone. Makes no sense. But nor does the 5S or 5C--probably explains the 30 BILLION DOLLAR sell off by investors a day after unveiling. Run before the well get's dry.
13. promise7 (Posts: 841; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
i think because the iphone 5 looks too similar to the 5s, so people would just keep buying the iphone 5 for $100 less and with minimal difference.
8. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
So take POS smartphone in. Get $100. Get Iphone 5. Pay $325 etf. Sell iphone 5 for probably way more than $325?
9. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea.
10. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
So looked into it more. You'll be paying $36 activation plus whatever tax on $99 is in your area. New iphone 16gb seem to be selling around $500-550 on ebay. Probably can make $100ish off it after fees and hassle.
14. Shinydesert (Posts: 62; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Got one this morning,so far so good. Battery life is not as good as my LG Optimus G, but I am enjoying it.
I will have both for a while,I like them both.
15. twistmycaps (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 May 2013)
uhm.. no.. its not as it sounds.. you just cant trade in any smartphone and receive the iphone 5 for free... they give you a credit for whatever they think your phone is worth..
Buncha Bull poo poo
16. promise7 (Posts: 841; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
i don't know the details of the deal, but according to this article it says best buy will give u $100 credit _minimum_ towards the purchase of an iphone 5 from them, which i'm gonna guess is $99.99. unless of course this article is wrong.
17. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
That's not what it says on the BB site. Your phone has to power on, not have a broken screen and have a value in their system.
18. sashusmom (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
pretty much you can trade in any smartphone- even if their trade in site says it has $0 value. They took an old LG Incite, and an old Lg Thrive! $200 towards new iphones. They would have been free, but we paid $99 more for 32 GB. So total was $198 plus $72 activation fees and tax of $14.
This promo is going on thru tomorrow. I haven't had an iphone for 2 years- I went android but will be trying the iphone 5 again.
After the release of the 5c that I thought was pretty poor- almost the same as the 5, and Seeing the 5s didn't have much more upgrades, we went for the 5.