Get a free Apple iPhone 5 from Best Buy with the trade-in of your old smartphone
The promotion ends on Monday, which gives you the weekend to fish that old BlackBerry Storm out of the drawer and convert it into an iPhone 5. There is one other condition that we need to tell you about. The offer is not valid for company accounts.
Best Buy hopes to get rid of its inventory of last year's iPhone flagship just as the big box retailer starts accepting pre-orders today for the Apple iPhone 5c, which Apple introduced to replace the iPhone 5.
1. bubbadoes (Posts: 298; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Fire sale for a discontinued product! Reminds me of the HP Touch Tablet.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Trade your iPhone 4S into iPhone 5 and you already have iPhone 5C just in not so cheap looking body.
4. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Can I take my crappy old HTC to Best Buy and get $100 and then NOT buy an iPhone 5?
5. jad.boutary (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
why do you want that 100$ while u can sell the iphone 5 for 300$ or more :P
6. jad.boutary (Posts: 82; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
sry i didnt read the post now i understand :P
11. Deaconclgi (Posts: 84; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Why would you comment without reading the post?
7. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 409; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Why discontinue the 5 and keep the 4S a 3G phone. Makes no sense. But nor does the 5S or 5C--probably explains the 30 BILLION DOLLAR sell off by investors a day after unveiling. Run before the well get's dry.
13. promise7 (Posts: 162; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
i think because the iphone 5 looks too similar to the 5s, so people would just keep buying the iphone 5 for $100 less and with minimal difference.
8. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
So take POS smartphone in. Get $100. Get Iphone 5. Pay $325 etf. Sell iphone 5 for probably way more than $325?
10. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
So looked into it more. You'll be paying $36 activation plus whatever tax on $99 is in your area. New iphone 16gb seem to be selling around $500-550 on ebay. Probably can make $100ish off it after fees and hassle.
14. Shinydesert (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Got one this morning,so far so good. Battery life is not as good as my LG Optimus G, but I am enjoying it.
I will have both for a while,I like them both.
15. twistmycaps (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 May 2013)
uhm.. no.. its not as it sounds.. you just cant trade in any smartphone and receive the iphone 5 for free... they give you a credit for whatever they think your phone is worth..
Buncha Bull poo poo
16. promise7 (Posts: 162; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
i don't know the details of the deal, but according to this article it says best buy will give u $100 credit _minimum_ towards the purchase of an iphone 5 from them, which i'm gonna guess is $99.99. unless of course this article is wrong.
17. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
That's not what it says on the BB site. Your phone has to power on, not have a broken screen and have a value in their system.
18. sashusmom (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
pretty much you can trade in any smartphone- even if their trade in site says it has $0 value. They took an old LG Incite, and an old Lg Thrive! $200 towards new iphones. They would have been free, but we paid $99 more for 32 GB. So total was $198 plus $72 activation fees and tax of $14.
This promo is going on thru tomorrow. I haven't had an iphone for 2 years- I went android but will be trying the iphone 5 again.
After the release of the 5c that I thought was pretty poor- almost the same as the 5, and Seeing the 5s didn't have much more upgrades, we went for the 5.