German politicians might say "No!" to iPhones
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2013, 08:44 posted on
As many of you might have heard, there has been a lot of tension between the USA and Germany about the big spy scandal that involved NSA and several high-ranking German politicians. Allegedly, even the Chancellor of the Bundestag Angela Merkel had her phone wiretapped...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. Tommy1960i (Posts: 119; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I will be not surprised if all the countries in Europe will take these measures too for prevenring such conflicts.
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
GOTTA LOVE OUR GERMAN counterparts SAY NO TO APPLE. should make a t-shirt saying that.
32. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 886; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Merkel is a hypocrite. She supported the tapping of German citizens by the NSA then talks crap when it happens to her. So it's OK for the USA to spy on your people but not you?
Also, all the European governments have been talking crap since the Snowden leaks but it's been slowly coming out how they work with the NSA and have their own spy programs in place.
All countries need to cut this crap out.
2. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I'd be surprised if Android didn't support this. NASA and the US military uses Android because it's adaptable to their needs.
21. Zeeya (Posts: 305; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
android? xDD yeah.. yeah much better than iOS... ^^
they are using a special Z10
3. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
security BlackBerry ring the bell! love it or hate it you can't deny that BlackBerry is secured.. i hate what google is doing that making all their services one! i hate using my full name when i comment on youtube! no privacy!
so yeah, android might be adaptable but google is watching them!
the very reason why Obama won't let go of his BlackBerry.
27. weedl (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
no bb is not so much secure dude in my country some ministry using bb and it still can hacked or spying by aus..
31. GadgetsMcGoo (Posts: 168; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Curious what they exactly hacked? SMS messages? BIS messages? Plain o' voice calls? So what is it.
4. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
The NSA also found a way to track your device even when it's powered down (Android or iOS)
13. Finalflash (Posts: 3090; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, that is funny, because you can't do that. Pull the battery out of the phone (for those droid models that can) and the best the NSA can do is send a guy to track you.
24. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
didn't you hear what the NSA say's about google? that google already created a new security code that will take the NSA 30 yrs to break
5. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
:D lulz man, that picture is hilarious
6. kg4icg (Posts: 77; Member since: 18 May 2008)
There is only 1 phone system that supports this and it is BlackBerry.
9. Augustine (Posts: 1043; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
American technology and telecom companies were willing proxies of the American immoral spying and undoubtedly, after Snowden's disclosures, they'd be shunned from foreign markets, if not by law, as it's happening in Brazil, by mere antipathy. This hurts America in so many levels, from the bottom line to the high road, it eviscerates America of what makes it America.
19. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The leaders killed america years ago. It is slowly turning into a police state.
23. E.S.1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Let's be honest... Blackberry is the only real business phone.
I don't use them but they are great for business people.
29. kennyblack_sd (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
BlackBerry is the only real security solution, at least for now. With the BES, they can get their own Enterprise server and am sure it would be much more better
33. weedl (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I'm not realy sure, in my country some ministry still get hacked or spyed even using bb by aus..
30. londoner (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
That is good Germans... Americans grrr.............
34. skyline88 (Posts: 458; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
bravo to Germans!!!
support you from 2000 miles away~