Garmin outs a $130 HUD display for your windshield that pairs with phone navigation apps
0. phoneArena 08 Jul 2013, 07:28 posted on
The transparent film projects simplified info to avoid distraction, and the stripped-down interface shows turn arrows with required lane position, distance to the next turn, the current speed and the speed limit. The HUD display adjust its brightness all on its own so as it doesn't burn your retina at night, and will be available for purchase later this summer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. buccob (Posts: 2566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Android app SpeedView has had this for years... You just have to turn GPS on and touch the speedometer and place the phone on top of your car's dashboard.
3. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 1131; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
ROFL, Too bad they want 130.00 for an app that is already in the Android store.Android Speedometer and Speedview are both what I use, and Android even speaks the mph in a voice
7. jroc74 (Posts: 6006; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Thanks for the info yall 2. Will be checking both of these apps today.
8. TheOldOne (Posts: 190; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
while you are there, have a look also on Navier HUD Navigation (it works with Google Maps) an basically all there is on google play using "HUD" search string ;)
9. TheOldOne (Posts: 190; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I believe you get for $130 not only the app but also the device itself, most probably comes with legacy navigation system and legacy maps.
The price is in par with the other GPS Navigation apps outhere.
(Although Google Maps is reliable, the Google Navigation is not a serious navigation system, IMHO)
4. Owlet (Posts: 450; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Wow, that's cool. I guess future is you have Google map navigation in color projected on your windshield with voice turn by turn navigation.
5. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
This also works with Windowsphone 8 devices,, as stated in the press release.
6. BattleBrat (Posts: 1458; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My dads Corvette had that, very cool will be picking this up!