GameStop has the iPhone 4S for $550, no strings attached
0. phoneArena 14 Feb 2012, 02:54 posted on
GameStop has 1000 iPhone 4S to sell and is offering them for $550 apiece, no contract required. However, the iPhone 4S units are refurbished...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
550 dollars for a used phone is perfectly fine if its an iphone but its overpriced if its android.
2. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
That makes no sense.
Can you even validate that claim with any reason besides a tired variation of
"Apple > Android?"
4. dejahu (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Feb 2012)
Well New iPhone 4S are $650 at carriers full retail. Is $100 all you deduct from the total price if it's used? I'm thinking $150+
7. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
I'd want at least 20% off for it being used, regardless of OS.
10. georgiaboyz (Posts: 11; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Buying it brand new is worth it just for the 1 year warranty instead of the 90 day referb warranty.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
my warranty is normally void within a few days of purchasing it ..lol
5. lfyllarra (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
I understand it's off contract but does it means that it's also unlocked for use with any carrier or is it only for AT&T?
14. quakan (Posts: 1352; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Only AT&T I'm guessing. With Sprint and Verizon, they would have the hassle of checking each and every phone's ESN number.
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 1589; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Wow!!!! never mind the price. Finally!!!! something we can all agree upon. For $550, just pawn something else for $100, and purchase a brand new device. I'm pretty sure game stop obtained these devices probably from some desperate soul for about $250. No deal here, move on.
13. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
I remember being a GameStop employee ( former store manager ) we did not give that much for the iPhone 4S trade-ins. $250 - $300 was possible if you wanted store credit, but if you wanted cash you would lose 20%
Then again, that f**ked up model goes for consoles and games too. I'm sad I used to work there.