GameBench hits the Play Store: the first 'uncheatable" Android benchmark
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2014, 08:32 posted on
Leave it to a former ARM Holdings engineer to develop an "uncheatable" benchmark that lounges peacefully in the background while you are playing your favorite game, for instance, then spits out a smorgasbord of performance measurements that can't be tinkered with. Recently, it's been somewhat of a low-grade scandal with popular benchmarks like AnTuTu and the rest, which often get tricked by major phone makers to pad the scores for a specific handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Needs a PC connection for first set up?
Bummer, was going to give it a spin here.
6. GameBench (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
Hi AfterShock, There are two parts to the GameBench app. One part needs a connection to the PC. The App doesn't have enough privileges to start this service unfortunately. Apologies for this step. But one of our main motto was to provide this ability to non-rooted devices. And with a PC Connection you can get performance information by starting the GameBench Service.
9. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
I mean.. this is the first time I have ever seen a company commenting on articles.!
Bdw.. its good.! :)
11. GameBench (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
Yes - we are from GameBench. We try looking at most posts about the company just to make sure we address issues faced by the people who use our app.
17. GameBench (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
If you are rooted, you dont need a PC Connection. We will start the GameBench service using root privileges.
2. hung2900 (Posts: 855; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Can anybody test on the king-of-cheating phone HTC One M8? LOL
3. MrAnonymous (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 May 2014)
What if i connect my phone to my computer and play???
The charge won't get down na... So will my benchmark increase or if i connect it to a charger???????
7. GameBench (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
There is a strict testing mode where we check if you have plugged your phone. If so, we do inform that the battery ratings might be inaccurate. Please look at the settings in the GameBench app.
8. GameBench (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
we use standard Android infrastructure for the app. Unfortunately Mediatek disable the infrastructure we use. As a result even some Google developer tools (systrace) break (not only our app). We are in touch with MediaTek to enable tracing. We are really sorry about this. We can do much about it.
12. j.khan95 (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
So it means this tool will work in future with my device, glad to hear that
19. GameBenchJake (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
We've fixed the issue and now support all Android devices running 4.1.2 and higher.
Head of Web Development
18. GameBenchJake (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
@j.khan95 - We've fixed the issue and now support all Android devices running 4.1.2 and higher.
5. renz4 (Posts: 310; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
so does it mean we will have to wait for a while before seeing the score?
14. GameBench (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Jul 2014)
We are working on supporting the Z2. We know that its a very popular phone. We will update the APK in the next few weeks to include support for Z2. Please check back later.
20. GameBenchJake (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
We now support all Android devices running 4.1.2 and higher.
Head of Web Development