Galaxy S5's launch weekend US sales share beats the iPhone 5s, we find that Samsung is big in Texas
0. phoneArena 24 Apr 2014, 02:17 posted on
We already know that the new Galaxy S5 is selling well in Samsung's home turf of South Korea, but what about the all-important North American market? Grace to iQmetrix, we now have the first sales analysis for the newly-minted Galaxy S5 in the US and Canada...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mr.techdude (Posts: 565; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
God dang it!!! We all thought it was the end of the hype for Sammy :/
14. Tizen007 (Posts: 548; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I'm sorry, I know it feels lonely and it seems like the end of the world but hey its an awesome phone and everyone likes it suck it up
19. mr.techdude (Posts: 565; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I forgive you, I'm actually happy for Sammy and it's an awesome product so DONT JUDGE MY EMOTIONS!!!!!! GODDD!!!..........................lol
2. mitoita (Posts: 54; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
S5 have built issues, i buy lst week and haved problem with display..........last year i change 5 samsung s4 with build issues......
5. Cicero (Posts: 598; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
It is all about you. Strictly your experience which is not so believable.
7. deewinc (Posts: 196; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahahaha, you have issues. Anyway how comes you changed a phone 4 times? and went for another o_O
9. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
The newly software update on the gs5 fixed it
15. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Oh WoW, last year i went to the moon and photographed a naked lady on mars with my iPhone. it was so awsome and then i used my iPhone to fix a hole in a ship that was sinking. believe me its true, if you dont believe me you can ask the blind man who saw it all
22. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Lmaooooo in is speak english me no hear
24. Diezparda (Posts: 270; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
5 times huh? Sammy are quite generous & kind hearted company that allow you to do so. Friend of mine had a problem once with new Xperia device and have to wait at least 2 weeks to get the new unit.
Mine was Note 3 and had drop many times it's still working through...
33. mitoita (Posts: 54; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
problems was with dislay sensors and earpiece for I9500
56. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Oh another troll with one of their stories!
4. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Almost everyday I read a new analyst company name.
12. Sriniva1995 (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Well said!!!! Oh ya I forgot to mention, apple sucks!!!!
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9345; Member since: 14 May 2012)
For all those Sony, HTC and LG supporters, they can now end their "Samsung is dying while _______ is going to take over!"
Clearly that isn't happening anytime soon.
59. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
With Samsung's amazing marketing team and their commitment to software updates they have recently been showing. I don't see Samsung slowly down at all, if anything they are just going to keep going up from here.
10. Sriniva1995 (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Still this doesn't explain the number of phones sold, yet they managed to put percentages on those sales, does anyone feel weird about this
16. Tizen007 (Posts: 548; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah it is weird but it has a higher percentage of sales compared to the iPhone 5 so the total sales shouldn't be a problem for them at the moment.
11. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
Would it be the best selling smartphone?
17. _Bone_ (Posts: 2145; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The phone is that good.
The ppl. have spoken: the majority wants good grip, dust, water, and damage resistance over shiny slippery metal, look how many HTCs were sold since they changed to glued damage prone aluminum (actually less), and there is no correlation between iPhone sales and choice of material, Apple consistently manages market share irregardless of materials.
There is simply not a real-world argument or market evidence that ppl. NEED a shiny limiting metal body, our keyboards, mice, car radios, laptops and TVs are just fine in their light poly-carbonate coating, it is simply more practical.
49. PBXtech (Posts: 994; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Amen to that. It's high time the tech sites (looking at you, PA) stop this "premium because it's aluminum" nonsense. Premium = great engineering and designs, not what material is used.
61. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
THANK YOU. I am so sick of seeing the meaningless word "premium" everywhere I look. What do people think that means exactly? Because they're wrong.
Premium is purely how well built and engineered something is. In my opinion the iPhone 5c feels more premium with it's rounded study design, versus the iPhone 5s with its bend prone, sharp design.
This aluminum bandwagon thing is bs.
63. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3017; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm with you on that. I think the 5c feels amazing in hand. The 5s feels fine, but just not as good.
18. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Dear Samsung -- the more BS you push through the news, the more uncool your company becomes.
20. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Man, that is one in industrial sized rump rash you're sporting.
42. willard12 (Posts: 957; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Dear OxFFFF--I didn't know it came from Samsung. I thought it came from Iqmetrix.
51. donfem (Posts: 564; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Never mind him. Some are extremely dumb to know the difference. :)
21. alumoyo (Posts: 255; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
Does it account for phones provided through carriers? What about online sales? Regular stores are probably gonna be a Samsung stronghold - but from what I understand, iPhones in the US sell mainly through Apple stores, Carriers and Online. This data is only taken from retail stores. Representative? Kind of, but only for one segment of the market.
23. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
Ahhh apple fans, hello. And please other fans of wannabe brands, like the lefail z f@rt, brankrupt companies and co.
25. slaggyb (Posts: 193; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
No day passes by without PA reporting about S5 sales? Comeon you guys dig every website and links regarding sales and plaster it all over the place. It's absolutely ridiculous is it like a cult or something else?
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9345; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Much like the iPhone 5S when it launched, or the M8, the Lumia 1020, and G2?
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Smurf is that you in the profile pic?
43. willard12 (Posts: 957; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
No, like rumors for a phone that's still 4 months away. But I'm sure when the iPhone 6 comes out it won't get much coverage.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They do it for the iPhone too dude. It's a tech site, that's the big deal?
35. aries.phills (Posts: 139; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Mr. Dark J, as much as you love and strongly support apple products, you have always shown yourself to be a liberal thinker in most cases with your posts and responses. That is maturity and I like that.
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's all about tech bro, no hating here. +1
26. checkmymike (Posts: 98; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
I told ya. A day will not pass without PA reporting S5. I wonder how much samsung spent.
29. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
You're still wondering how? I thought someone already told you some time ago how to do it, or maybe you missed it?
45. shuaibhere (Posts: 1737; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You made my day...
+1 for you...
32. tiara6918 (Posts: 1792; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I hope the s5 will sell more than the 5s/6 this year. It's time for apple's domination to come to an end
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Then why don't you buy millions of s5's, to ensure it happens. Instead of making a silly statement like that, actually do something about it. That goes for post #38 also. Are your lives that dead, that you'd get pleasure from that? SMDH.
40. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
First you say:
"Then why don't you buy millions of s5's, to ensure it happens."
And then you say:
"Instead of making a silly statement like that..."
So who is now making silly statements? :D
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'll give you the last word so you'll hush. Go ahead...
52. donfem (Posts: 564; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Every point made by Aries.Phills just got rubished in my opinion. Liberal thinker my foot.
44. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Samsung are gonna have to make a decent product before that can happen. First step, ditch Android.
47. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
You're telling the number one smartphone manufacturer in the world (by more than double) that the recipe for success is to dump the number one mobile OS in the world (by quadruple) ?
I'm assuming you aren't the head of a major company.
50. PBXtech (Posts: 994; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
iPhone troll alert.
Android has been the greatest ingredient to Samsung's success. Sorry that bothers you, but hope you get over it soon.
53. iampayne (Posts: 286; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Congrats Sammy on outselling a phone that came out last year s/. Lets see iQmetrix put this chart up again when the iPhone 6 lauches this year. Another interesting chart would be to show the iPhone 5S up against the S4 which came out the same year.
54. PBXtech (Posts: 994; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
I'm pretty sure they were comparing the time after each phone was launched individually, so the Galaxy outselling the 5s in the same time after launch is legit. You can see the dates on the second part if the image above, both individual launch dates are considered for the stats shown.
58. tedkord (Posts: 5897; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Reading comprehension is fundamental. They're comparing both phones AT THE TIME OF THEIR RELEASE.