Galaxy S5 vs One (M8) vs iPhone5s drop test pays a tribute to HTC's build quality (video)
0. phoneArena 04 Apr 2014, 04:16 posted on
The HTC One (M8) and the Galaxy S5 have barely been out, and they are already undergoing visits to the torture chamber - first with tests of their water resistance, and now with an impromptu drop test. The video inside has gathered the current best of Samsung, Apple and HTC, and did some ardent dropping of the handsets to determine who's the most fragile...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Not any smartphone going to survive like this....and still it's a gorilla glass 1. This is what i call true quality and durability.
29. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I have to agree no one can make tougher phone than Nokia. Ever since the cell phones started to get more available 10-15 years ago, they always made the most durable phones.
47. janis (Posts: 324; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
i used to have htc x8, all these polycarbonate bodies are strong as hell, now i got htc m8, aluminum leaves some dents, so i would choose any nokia if durability is most omportant.
2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Interested to see z2 drop test. Wanna see effect on glass without shatterproof film.
35. buccob (Posts: 2573; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I would like to see that too... because (unpopular opinion puffin) I actually Love the ASF included in older devices...
I have dropped my Xperia Acro S so many times I lost count... and the last time it fell from ear height and flat on the screen!!! but lucky me it did not crack!
So I am still getting a Sony as next phone thanks to their durability, though I would be one of the few hoping for ASF... Maybe the Z2 Compact will keep that... If not I will settle for a Z1 C when bugs are ironed out
3. Sauce (unregistered)
What did he use to record the floor view?
31. Sauce (unregistered)
very nice quality for 720p
37. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Fun fact, The apples 720p slowmo is just 480 upscaled :). But it looks really crisp and clear :p
39. Sauce (unregistered)
Could have fooled me. Great quality :)
5. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
So not only is the S5 Ugly its also fragile, way to go Sammy!
6. tech2 (Posts: 3466; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Maybe you were so obsessed with trolling you missed this video.
The drop-tests aren't a'ways scientific.
7. papss (unregistered)
I think his point once you sift thru the fanboyism is that all are susceptible to damage whether plastic or metal
9. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Ha ha ha, on the first drop test that appeared on the net all the sammy fanboys got wet and praised the phone of how durable it is.
Now they are all saying these tests are not relevant =)))
Again..it's just shows...
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Still trolling are we?
Want to keep your phone from getting cracked? Buy a case.
12. papss (unregistered)
Na I just keep insurance on mine lol no case on my 1520 or M8
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Insurance deductables are over $175 now. A $25 case from Otterbox is better than paying $175. Looking cool < Protrction
20. limporgyuk (Posts: 276; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
When it comes to the M7 and M8 you don't want to hide those beauties in a case and deny yourself the feel of the cold smooth aluminium.
24. papss (unregistered)
Not on my art account. I pay 10 a month for insurance and have yet to pay a deductible
43. LionStone (Posts: 747; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
Asurion cost me $100. to replace next day brand new on VZW for regular smartphones, iPhone was more, $175. I believe.
33. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 807; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
+1 to you my frnd.. right answer to blind fanboyism.
45. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
If it was sapphire it would've not cracked.
42. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
The ugly IP5s have more scratches than the GSV or ONE M8 combine.
8. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
If Samsung change their conservative design on S5 with new distinctive and modern design, then it would be a perfect smartphone for me.
17. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1215; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
there's nothing wrong with Samsung design, its the material they use that should be changed.
I've been owning galaxy phones since the S1 - S4, and nobody ever said anything negative about the design. It only happens in blogs and websites.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Gate on what's popular now. I'll take functionality > design any day.
25. papss (unregistered)
Why can't we have both sir?
38. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Function over form is alway The best IMO. But sometimes its nice to have a little touch of form ;)