Galaxy S5 goes on sale in South Korea against Samsung's will, India gets octa-core chipset
0. phoneArena 27 Mar 2014, 04:40 posted on
Although Samsung's co-CEO, JK Shin, confirmed that the company denied South Korean telecoms' request to launch the phone early, it seems SK Telecom, KT, and LG U+ went ahead and put the S5 on sale today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. GamasK (Posts: 22; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
The octa core version achieved nearly 39.000 in antutu and if i'm not mistaken it still support 4k video recording
6. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I believe the international version(indian one included) has exynos 5422 with intel XMM6360 and it does supports 4k recording.. because I read that during the conference they said that both the Cortex A15 and Cortex A9 quad-core processors will be active simultaneously...
Also this page says it does supports 4k recording..
so I think its exynos 5422..
24. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
AND PAPSMURF SAYS S801 IS BETTER AND MORE POWERFULL THAN THE A15
2. jaibharat (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
samsung cheating Indians,india galaxy s5 waste processor (exyno)
4. tech2 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
If anything the world should be worried as India is getting a more powerful processor.
5. vijaysivakula (Posts: 224; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
This is a crappy processor and the wonderful thing about this is that Samsung will not release the drivers and source code for this chipset and Indians are screwed twice over because they cant even install custom roms after samsung stops supporting this.
7. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Samsung updates its hardware for a long duration,,by the time they stop supporting s5 u probably would have jumped to some other phone..and there are always custom roms for the exynos versions, whether they release the source code or not...exynos is a powerful processor..
11. rd_nest (Posts: 1591; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
ohh, please show us how you can make a wonderful processor.
15. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
i am using galaxy s2(Indian I9100 model with Exynos 4412) with custom kernel(search Dorimanx kernel in xda), custom rom(resurrection remix 4.4.2) and i don't have any issues on flashing custom roms and kernels
23. raghu67 (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
story with S2 is completely different my friend..
things changed a lot with exynos n samsung supporting devs from those S2 days..
I myself have moved away from S3,note2 n s4 only because of this reason..
25. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
AND PAPASMURF SAYS THE A9 ARM CORTEX AKA S801 IS BETTER THAN ARM CORTEX A15
i forgot hes a snapdragon fan, never gives credit to A15 but to the lower version overclocked 2.5 s801
14. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
Exynos processor is better than crapdrogon....
26. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
way much better, even apple was using exynos on there ip4.4s
8. jaibharat (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
this octa core phones are heating tomuch like electric heater,and tomuch radiation.
9. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
I have an exynos s4 ,,it never overheats,,gets a little warm after playing games for more than half an hour or so..
27. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i think he has soft womens fingers and skin?
10. tech2 (Posts: 3388; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
That overheating issue was resolved in Exynos 5420 in Note 3
13. AwesomestMaximuss (Posts: 146; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
there was no overheating to begin with,,,there is a difference between getting a little warm,which every phone does, and overheating..Only s2 and s3 overheated.
12. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Sam-sucks in india and many markets.......... Previously when sgn3 was announced india got exynos version which didn't have 4k recording and many other features and still it priced at higher than usual..................
16. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
nobody cares about 4K recording unless you have 128GB external sd card.
i have a s2 and i always use 720p for recording videos.
17. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Are you from india???
If you're then you should probably aware of the fact that most of us don't even have Full hd TV....let alone 4k....what's the benefit of 4k when you don't even have a 4k tv in home....
In phones 1080p is more than enough.....
30. PAV123 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
he customers to save money on the exynos chipset since it will cutsee the point is not that ! you may not be having 4k tv or 4g lte reception but i have it ,i live in banglore i get 4g lte airtel here ,i have 4k tv ,i have money ,but if im spending 50k it tshould not go for waste.!! also this phone does not include few important camera features!!
the cost of the phone is very high ;comparable with other flagships 49-50k. lte is there in kolkota ,banglore,chathisgarh etc .it is not very far to occupy other places !!
all samsung demo phones kept at stores are snap dragon equipped ones to show all the features to attract or lure the customers in other words,i got shocked by seeing the on box specs of galaxy note 3 when i went to buy it!!! so now was waiting for s5,but again samesung is doin the same thing again!!
it should be illegal by some sort by showing one phone in demo and selling some other phone by default!!! cheating them huge cost ,which would haven been shedded to qualcomm
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Whats the point of releasing lte version when its not available in india? why should samsung strain its production of qual comm version when its not needed
18. redmd (Posts: 1245; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
India should get its LTE running if it wants SD chipsets.
28. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
SD are underdog of Exynos and apples a7 swift
19. cR203 (Posts: 201; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I don't see why people try to make it seem like the exynos octa is such a terrible cpu. I have the octa core 5420 note 3 and it's great. I had the option of either the snapdragon or the exynos and I picked the exynos. I picked it because i don't care for 4k recording and also I been using samsung exynos cpu's since the note 1 (with the exception of my galaxy mega 6.3) and I find them to be really fast and seamless. The exynos octa is even better. I can't imagine anything being faster than the exynos octa in my note 3. I would have to see it to believe it and so far i haven't seen it.
20. jaibharat (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
If exynos version is best,why samsung not releasing global market that price
29. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
cause they need to buy additional LTE chips which costs 20 dollars more.
unlike SD its all in one